[Soccer/Football] Summer Transfers?

Yeah but as a fan of Liverpool Martyn do you think he is good?...do you rate him?

It is a difficult question to be honest, I am not really sure what to think. Many players come to the Prem and do not adapt to "our" football...so it is always a gamble when you are paying big money for a player. Torres definitely has all the attributes to succeed though, he is renowned for being lightning quick and is a very hard worker. He has a fair goal scoring record...which some people question...but I think he could improve if he was playing with better players around him than he is at Athletico. Don't forget that he has been leading his boyhood team since the age of 17, he seems to have been around for years, but he is still only 23! In short, I think he is a very good striker (albeit slightly overrated) who could become the best striker in the world.

I would take him for between ?20 and ?25 million.

I still prefer Tevez thoug;);)

It is a difficult question to be honest, I am not really sure what to think. Many players come to the Prem and do not adapt to "our" football...so it is always a gamble when you are paying big money for a player. Torres definitely has all the attributes to succeed though, he is renowned for being lightning quick and is a very hard worker. He has a fair goal scoring record...which some people question...but I think he could improve if he was playing with better players around him than he is at Athletico. Don't forget that he has been leading his boyhood team since the age of 17, he seems to have been around for years, but he is still only 23! In short, I think he is a very good striker (albeit slightly overrated) who could become the best striker in the world.

I would take him for between ?20 and ?25 million.

I still prefer Tevez thoug;);)

Tevez to Madrid I hear for ?30m...

Yeah hard to think he is still only under 25, I remember seeing him like 4 seasons back on Spanish Footba:laugh:gh:

Tevez to Madrid I hear for ?30m...

Yeah hard to think he is still only under 25, I remember seeing him like 4 seasons back on Spanish Football:laugh::

I hope Rafa gets onto Mascherano and tells him to persuade his boyfriend Carlos to come to Anfield.

Pompey should make a move for Defoe, thats as long as Spurs want a bomb for him. At the moment Pompey do not seem to have any strikers on the rader.

Pompey should make a move for Defoe, thats as long as Spurs want a bomb for him. At the moment Pompey do not seem to have any strikers on the rader.

They need to rid themselves of at least one of their strikers they now have to many...

They need to rid themselves of at least one of their strikers they now have to many...

5 so called strikers

Benjani

Lua Lua

Toddy

Kanu

Cole

Kanu is refusing to sign a year contract, he wants two years. But if he signs a year contract he will get an extra year if he plays 20 games. So he is showing his true colours at the moment.

Toddy hasn't done anything yet, he can steal goals out of nowhere and really needs a run out. Cole has sort of struggled, but I wouldn't be surprised if he goes. Lua Lua is very selfish and is in Harrys bad books, saying a team in spain would bulid a team around him.

Benjani can't score much but he needs a a striking partner, this bloke runs his socks off and his hard work brings us back in to an attack. A fan favourite i'd say.

Liverpool and Atl?tico Madrid have agreed a deal to take Fernando Torres to Anfield. Liverpool will pay fractionally less than the ?‚?40m (?27m) buy-out clause Torres has at the Vicente Calder?n, leaving the 23-year-old striker to finalise personal terms before the move goes ahead. Neither side anticipates major difficulties in closing the deal, with Liverpool understanding that any percentage of the transfer fee due to Torres must be paid by Atl?tico.

Article continues

Luis Garc?a is set to go in the other direction for almost ?4m but although his move facilitates negotiations on Torres and would bring down the cash price, the deals are not interdependent. Liverpool paid ?6m for Garc?a when he joined three summers ago but their manager, Rafa Ben?tez, is prepared to release him and Garc?a is keen on a return to Spain to play for the club where he spent a successful season in 2002-03, scoring nine times in 30 games.

Although Atl?tico fans protested against the sale of Torres - the captain, standard-bearer and the player they have called The Kid since he made his debut at 16 - the club have decided it is time to cash in on their greatest asset. "No one is irreplaceable," said their major shareholder, Miguel Angel Gil Mar?n. "We have to build a competitive team and no one player, however good he is, can achieve our objectives on his own. Last time I spoke to Fernando he said he was staying but I can't prevent him having a change of heart and I have to be prepared for that."

Atl?tico have previously had to withstand an offer from Tottenham and informal approaches from Chelsea for Torres, but agreed to drop Torres's buy-out clause from ?‚?90m to ?‚?40m this summer to facilitate a move. They are keen on a cash injection and Torres has grown tired of waiting to fulfil his dream of playing in Europe for the club. He has always insisted he does not want to play for another Spanish team and is an admirer of the Premiership.

"If I left Spain I'd like to go to England, because it's interesting and because the way they play in Italy's not so attractive," he said 18 months ago. Liverpool wanted to offer Djibril Ciss? as part of the deal but the Frenchman rejected the move. Torres scored 14 league goals last season, taking him to 75 in five top-flight seasons.

Liverpool have signed the 18-year-old Athletic Bilbao defender Mikel San Jos? for ?270,000 and given their 22-year-old midfielder Mohamed Sissoko a new four-year contract.

Source: http://football.guardian.co.uk/News_Story/0,,2114541,00.html

We got El Nino! Hopefully...

Kapo to Birmingham

Earnshaw to Derby

Rozenhal to Newcastle

Plus Anderson gets work permit for Man Utd...

Martins to Arsenal?

I doubt Wenger would make a move. Martins is a limited player, his only assets really is his speed and strength. You have to have technical ablity and a brain to play for Arsenal.

whu_1183307426_faubert2.jpg

New Player Julien Faubert just signed for ?6.1m on 5 year contract...

Has Thierry Henry got a brother? :blink::

60089.jpg

Some Croatian...

Arsenal have swooped to sign Croatian international striker Eduardo da Silva from Dinamo Zagreb.

The 24-year-old, who scored against England in a Euro 2008 qualifier in October, has signed a four-year contract at the Emirates Stadium.

Arsenal say the fee is undisclosed, though Dinamo president Mirko Barisic said it amounted to ?16.25m.

"I am sad to leave," said Da Silva. "But I'm happy too, since Arsenal are one of the biggest clubs in the world."

Da Silva is the first signing for Arsenal since the departure of Thierry Henry to Barcelona in June.

He is a good player da Silva. He scored 34 goals in 32 games last season (I think), although that is obviously in a weaker league. He scored a header against England as well.