Leaked: Windows Live Messenger 8.5

I assume some of you have installed WLM 8.5 but can any one share installation instructions / workaround instructions?

Thanx

Sorry if this is a dumb question, but where do I go to change that?? :laugh:

Too remove the ads at the bottom:

4004-923 line 177 find:

CODE

<Element layoutpos=bottom layout=borderlayout() padding=rect(4,0,4,0)>

<Constrainer layoutpos=top ID=Atom(SSConstrainer) Layout=FillLayout()>

<SlideShowWithAd ID=Atom(AdBanner) Layout=BorderLayout() Padding=Rect(0,0,8,3) Active=Mouse>

<Element Layout=BorderLayout() LayoutPos=Top>

<Element ID=Atom(SSTitle) ContentAlign=MiddleLeft|EndEllipsis Padding=Rect(8,0,0,6) LayoutPos=Left Tooltip=True Accessible=True AccRole=42 Active=MouseAndKeyboard/>

</Element>

replace with:

CODE

<Element layoutpos=none layout=borderlayout() padding=rect(4,0,4,0)>

<SlideShowWithAd ID=Atom(AdBanner) Layout=BorderLayout() Padding=Rect(0,0,8,3) Active=Mouse>

<Element ID=Atom(SSTitle) ContentAlign=MiddleLeft|EndEllipsis Padding=Rect(8,0,0,6) LayoutPos=Left Tooltip=True Accessible=True AccRole=42 Active=MouseAndKeyboard/>

</Element>

Check out the post over at mess.be haha

Woo *does little dance* :D

The weird thing is is that I used to visit mess.be all the time, but just got out of the habit. I was still signed up for their MSN alerts, though, and when the headline popped up for this one, I decided to take a look... :shifty:

Edited by PureLegend

Check out the post over at mess.be haha

Dwergs is just jealous. He gets like that sometimes :)

Dwergs, if you actually fixed your website so it doesn't look like it did 4-5+ years ago and allowed it to be like a normal blog website so people can link to individual posts people might source it but nobody in their right mind sources your main page as new posts get put onto the website all the time.

Daeron Tin?viel, thanks for the regedit information.

Ahmad, glad to hear you're working on A-Patch:))

Can anyone in this world get design right? It should look the same as the rest of Vista if it's on Vista, and something more XP-like for XP (but not just plain XP because it's boring and ugly). Apple is finally starting to unify their UI, and Microsoft goes and makes every application look completely different.

It's driving me nutz0rz!

Too remove the ads at the bottom:

4004-923 line 177 find:

CODE

<Element layoutpos=bottom layout=borderlayout() padding=rect(4,0,4,0)>

</Element>

replace with:

CODE

<Element layoutpos=none layout=borderlayout() padding=rect(4,0,4,0)>

</Element>

thanx man, worked perfect

Not as impressive as I had hoped. Oh well, work in progress :)

is this more to youir liking? (a graphite coloring)

Too bad the color of the convo window is washed out and not seperately configurable...

post-20891-1180383016_thumb.jpg

Yeah a bit better. I wish they could keep the same style for both the contact window and the message window :/

Agreed, I really despise the current convo coloring, but I love the new UI-ish look/feel

Agreed, I really despise the current convo coloring, but I love the new UI-ish look/feel

I agree with both of you. The windows should be the same color. I don't know why they choose to wash out the conversation window.

Can anyone in this world get design right? It should look the same as the rest of Vista if it's on Vista, and something more XP-like for XP (but not just plain XP because it's boring and ugly).

I agree. Just give me a more polished version of this and I'll be happy. (or better yet: change the blue at the top to glass)

windowslivemessenger3bd4.png

Edited by jmc777

Yeah I'm going to be real disappointed if they don't use glass in the final product. Windows is their baby after all, they should make it try to fit in and make use of all the new technology in Vista.

Yeah.. I like mess.be but their website is freaking horrible. Is there a different between the MessPatch and A-Patch?

The MessPatch is made my about 10 people and takes 3-4 days to make and then has to re-released due to "errors" when they made it.

A-Patch is one person (Ahmad the man with the lovely beard--don't tell him I said that!) and he does it usually in 1-2 days.

I personally know Ahmad is working on stuff right now. Personally A-Patch works better than MessPatch and has all the features I need if not more useful ones than MessPatch.