Leaked: Windows Live Messenger 8.5

How Much fatter an uglier is the File compared to WLM8.1 where its 17.2MB ..where's the Conversation Tabbed windows? its all full of bloat still

well i found out what was the problem for me.... WLM Plus.. i removed the loader and volla flashing bars again!! YAY

I take it there isnt any vista transparentcy??

Not at the moment, but it looks to me like it's not finished. ?I mean the message window UI is very bland, looks a lot like 8.0 original.

PS. ?Any ad removal patch out yet? (apatch)

well i found out what was the problem for me.... WLM Plus.. i removed the loader and volla flashing bars again!! YAY

Ahh is that what was causing it? :p I just uninstalled and went back.

I particularly liked the Spanish installer, made it quite challenging. :p

The "Blah Blah is typing a message" / "Last message received" thing looks stupid and is annoying the hell out of me

The "Blah Blah is typing a message" / "Last message received" thing looks stupid and is annoying the hell out of me

Yeah same here its a good improvement :)

its been there on every other build of WLM lol

Yeah.. down the bottom.

Its annoying me sitting in the chat window. It was better under the text box imo

Guh. Ads. /me waits for A-patch or whatever patch comes first. The last Messenger that was decent was Windows Messenger 4.7, which I continue to use at work (XP). I don't think they have it or easily obtained for Vista (correct me if I'm wrong).

^ The survey for that is very broad. I'm not sure if it will really be for 8.5, I think they'll just invite previous wlm beta people like they always do.

It is broad...but it isn't just for messenger...it is for all of the wave 2 windows live betas that will be managed. If you want in on the feedback loop/access to the newsgroups/future managed-only betas...sign up! :)

As far as I can see, with every new updated version of messenger the gui becomes slightly more shiny and this is no exception. Yes, it fits better with Vista but messenger is still a bloated, ad infested app. I know there are patches for it that 'remove' the ads and other mess's that enhance it's looks., but I would have thought by now that Microsoft's Messenger development team would have realised this and released a 'new' version.

Rather than constantly redecorating a tired and jaded client, I would love them to work on a new version.

^ They wouldn't gain anything by releasing a version that doesn't get them any money. They are aware of the patches and they don't make updates to block them because they know that the large majority won't patch anyways, which is where the money comes from anyways.

As far as I can see, with every new updated version of messenger the gui becomes slightly more shiny and this is no exception. Yes, it fits better with Vista but messenger is still a bloated, ad infested app. I know there are patches for it that 'remove' the ads and other mess's that enhance it's looks., but I would have thought by now that Microsoft's Messenger development team would have realised this and released a 'new' version.

Rather than constantly redecorating a tired and jaded client, I would love them to work on a new version.

yeah they can make it like this right out of the box

wlmbetaWJFN.png

Can someone change the colour to black and post a screenie up of both contact list and message windows? Cheers!

+1, I can imagine this looking sexy in black :)

Can someone change the colour to black and post a screenie up of both contact list and message windows? Cheers!

Here you go

post-69181-1180363225_thumb.jpg

Edited by EduardValencia