A-Patch for Windows Live Messenger (8.5)

Praise be to God.

Current Version: 1.4.0 RC2 (build 31) ~ WLM

Updated: 5/7/2008

Supported Versions: 8.5.1235.0517, 8.5.1238.0601, 8.5.1288.0816 & 8.5.1302.1018

Total Features: 84

With a new (beta) version of Windows Live Messenger (8.5) comes a new and improved A-Patch. A-Patch makes patching Messenger easier than ever before. Not only are there tonnes of options to choose from, but now there's a (rough) Preview which lets you see the changes as you select them! (A change log will be added once I've come back from work and caught up on some sleep.)

apatch140previewlh6.th.png

Download A-Patch for Windows Live Messenger 8.5 NOW!

Change log (build 31)

- Added: Czech Translation to A-Patch (thanks Mattej Gottwald)

- Added: Italian Translation to A-Patch (thanks Oliver Thomas Cervera)

- Added: German Translation to A-Patch (thanks Kris456)

Change log (build 22)

- Added: *NEW* Disable "Edit a Group" dialog from popping up when double-clicking a group name (8.5.1302.1018 only)

- Added: Spanish Translation to A-Patch

- Added: French Translation to A-Patch

- Fix: Remove "says" option working correctly (english users only)

Change log (build 17)

- Added: Dutch Translation to A-Patch

- Added: Turkish Translation to A-Patch

Change log (build 9) (for WLM version 8.5.1302.1018 only):

- Added: Remove "Share Files" drop-down menu (back to MSN 7 1-click functionality)

- Added: Accept more than 3 files (transfers) at a time

- Added: Enable Sending of "unsafe" Files (.exe, etc)

- Added: Enable Accepting of "unsafe" Files (.exe, etc)

- Added: Enable Opening of "unsafe" Files (.mp3, etc)

Change log (build 8)

- Added: Compatibility support for Windows Live Messenger 8.5.1302.1018.

Change log (build 7)

- Fixed: Messenger was crashed when clicking Sharing Folders after removing the Sharing Folder advert.

Change log (build 6)

- Added: Compatibility support for Windows Live Messenger 8.5.1288.0816.

Change log (build 5)

- Added: Compatibility support for Windows Live Messenger 8.5.1238.0601.

Change log (build 4):

- New Feature: "Remove Help Dropdown Button" removes the Help button from the Login Window.

- New Feature: "Center Main Toolbar Buttons" centers the buttons in the toolbar on the Contact List (email, sharing, mobile, etc).

- New Feature: "Center Standard Toolbar Buttons" centers the buttons on the Standard Toolbar in the Instant Message Window (invite, send files, etc)

- New Feature: "Center Formatting Toolbar Buttons" centers the buttons on the Formatting Toolbar in the Instant Message Window (emoticons, font, etc).

- New Feature: "Show Idle Status" shows those who are Idle as Idle instead of Away.

- New Feature: "Remove 'My Sharing Folders' Entry from My Computer" removes the My Sharing Folders shortcut/link from My Computer without disabling the function.

- Update: Updated "Shorten Status Info in Info Bar" option from "Contact's Status is set to: Away" to "Contact is Away."

- Update: Updated Restore Settings menu with "Show 'My Sharing Folders' Entry in My Computer".

Change log (build 2):

- Fixed: Removing the advert in Sharing Folders was crashing Messenger.

- Tweak: Added padding to the left side of the window title when removing the WLM/Buddy logos.

- New feature: "Remove the top of the Contact List" removes the area containing your DP, Username and PSM.

- New feature: "Remove Main Toolbar" removes the toolbar with the buttons on it (email, spaces, etc).

- New feature: "Remove File Menu Dropdown Button" from the Contact List.

- New feature: "Remove File Menu Dropdown Button" from the Instant Message Window.

- Change: Added an extra page for options, moved some from page 1 to page 2 and one option from page 4 to page 5.

- Improved: Preview Area has been greatly improved allowing icons to shift places as others are added/removed, allowing for a more accurate "Preview" of your favorite Messenger!

Change log (build 1):

- Removed "Remove Extra Padding from the Contact Manager Bar" option - no longer needed.

- Removed greyed out "Remove Packs Button" option - no longer needed.

- Removed "Add Send Button to Handwriting Tab" option - no longer needed as Microsoft decided to implement it themselves ;)

- Removed "Add Custom Games" option - doesn't work.

- Removed "Add Always On Top Button(s)" - didn't want to mess up the new caption buttons.

- Changed "Remove 'Get a webcam' Link" to "Remove 'Get Accessories' Link".

- Removed "Descriptions" button because now the descriptions are permanently viewable.

Few other misc fixes.

- Added the "Preview Area" which shows the customization effects as you click each option (this will be tweaked further :) )!

More options will be added when the User Interface of Windows Live Messenger becomes finalised.

Download A-Patch for Windows Live Messenger 8.5 NOW!

Temporary Mirror

Edited by Ahmz055

Praise be to God.

Pulling an "all nighter" I'm 7 hours past my bedtime with a sore back, but I made it, A-Patch has been updated for Windows Live Messenger 8.5!

With a new (beta) version of Windows Live Messenger (8.5) comes a new and improved A-Patch. A-Patch makes patching Messenger easier than ever before. Not only are there tonnes of options to choose from, but now there's a (rough) Preview which lets you see the changes as you select them! (A change log will be added once I've come back from work and caught up on some sleep.)

apatch140te9.th.png

Download A-Patch for Windows Live Messenger 8.5 BETA NOW!

You just put all other patches to shame. While I haven't used it in a while since I don't use the official client, the fact that you not only got up to date with 8.5 but also implemented the preview feature is a testament to your skill.

thanks.

tho i NEVER got apatch to work.

either the wlm system tray icon doesnt show, or everytime i nudge someone wlm crashes.

it works on my friends computer tho. :s

thanks.

tho i NEVER got apatch to work.

either the wlm system tray icon doesnt show, or everytime i nudge someone wlm crashes.

it works on my friends computer tho. :s

Why can't you uncheck options until you find which one is causing the problem?

WoW..and I was just checking your site a couple of hours ago

Although can't seem to get the installer working on my Vista machine :( (after "Accept", nothing happens)

WoW..and I was just checking your site a couple of hours ago

Although can't seem to get the installer working on my Vista machine :( (after "Accept", nothing happens)

You've got the wrong file. Try to look for one that's not through rapidshare and is a straight .exe

Thanks a lot man. :)

You've come a long way even since we last spoke when you had your own layout by me.

Puts any other patches to shame, put simply.

truely the best a-patch out to this day! the images are awesome and really help out a lot (Y)(Y)(Y)(Y)

i couldn't be without my apatch!

Ahmz055, one of the reasons why I stopped using A-Patch was because there were several features that Mess Patch had over yours. Will you be adding those missing soon to make A Patch final?