A-Patch for Windows Live Messenger (8.5)

Ahmz055, one of the reasons why I stopped using A-Patch was because there were several features that Mess Patch had over yours. Will you be adding those missing soon to make A Patch final?

He is sleeping at the moment :p

Nice. :p There's 6 features that the Mess Patch has that, if added to A-Patch, would make me use A-Patch over Mess Patch from now on...

1) Swap now playing title and artist (easy to do via editing msgslang.dll).

2) Add sign-in status in system tray menu

3) Hide "My Sharing Folders" from My Computer (annoying, and is easy to do via unregister command of fsshext.dll).

4) Allow status change when signing on.

5) Distinguish idle from away users

6) Add those little thumbnail display pictures next to the names on the contact list (a newer Mess Patch feature).

But, I have to say, I'm extremely impressed with the preview feature. It alone wins me over, since it's a no-brainer to have this to aid first time patchers :D Good work!!!! God bless you. :)

Edited by Venom_Chaos_King

Nice. :p There's 6 features that the Mess Patch has that, if added to A-Patch, would make me use A-Patch over Mess Patch from now on...

1) Swap now playing title and artist (easy to do via editing msgslang.dll).

2) Add sign-in status in system tray menu

3) Hide "My Sharing Folders" from My Computer (annoying, and is easy to do via unregister command of fsshext.dll).

4) Allow status change when signing on.

5) Distinguish idle from away users

6) Add those little thumbnail display pictures next to the names on the contact list (a newer Mess Patch feature).

But, I have to say, I'm extremely impressed with the preview feature. It alone wins me over, since it's a no-brainer to have this to aid first time patchers :D Good work!!!! God bless you. :)

A-patch has 2 and 5. 6 is built into wlm I believe. Not sure about 1, 4 and 3.

A-patch has 2 and 5. 6 is built into wlm I believe. Not sure about 1, 4 and 3.

No, this was removed in Windows Live Messenger but was an option in MSN Messenger 7.0-7.5.

Well I can do it just fine, unless it's something different than having the display pictures of your contacts in the contact list?

i think he's talking about the smaller ones.. let me find a screen shot

116-msn-messenger-7-0-0604-beta-overview-msn7contactlist.png

see how all the Display Pictures are on the left hand side and very tiny.. you can't do that in the new WLM versions.. only make them big

heres a screen shot of the sign in window (left) Contact list normally (middle) and contacts with large display pictures (right)

WLM_Ixtli_Skin_v4_3_by_HaydenM2.jpg

(Dont ask me the name of this skin.. check the url)

see we can't make the display pictures small again...

Besides.. mess-patch sucks (N), they take too long to make it, and only reason it's on the market.. is because they have mess.be to back it up.. A-patch is the original patcher, and WAS posted on mess.be before mess found a coder to make the mess patch..

LONG LIVE APATCH

Some options causes WLM to crash, in particular, the.... i forgot, one is remove nudge delay, the other is disable contact card integration. im on xpsp2

If you check the option to remove the ad from the sharing folders dialog, it'll prevent contact cards from showing up. So don't do it.

yeah i think i had the same problem but sharing folders doesnt open anymore... just crashes msn... :wacko:

Sharing folders crashing messenger will be fixed in the next version of A-Patch plus a few other things tweaked/added.