A-Patch for Windows Live Messenger (8.5)

Change log (build 4)

- New Feature: "Remove Help Dropdown Button" removes the Help button from the Login Window.

- New Feature: "Center Main Toolbar Buttons" centers the buttons in the toolbar on the Contact List (email, sharing, mobile, etc).

- New Feature: "Center Standard Toolbar Buttons" centers the buttons on the Standard Toolbar in the Instant Message Window (invite, send files, etc)

- New Feature: "Center Formatting Toolbar Buttons" centers the buttons on the Formatting Toolbar in the Instant Message Window (emoticons, font, etc).

- New Feature: "Show Idle Status" shows those who are Idle as Idle instead of Away.

- New Feature: "Remove 'My Sharing Folders' Entry from My Computer" removes the My Sharing Folders shortcut/link from My Computer without disabling the function.

- Update: Updated "Shorten Status Info in Info Bar" option from "Contact's Status is set to: Away" to "Contact is Away."

- Update: Updated Restore Settings menu with "Show 'My Sharing Folders' Entry in My Computer".

http://apatch.org/

Cheers for the constant updates Ahmad :D

7dae0a858158b744023e.png

I tried to fix that and failed. Any ideas ?

mmmm try replacing resource #597 for an imge 32x32 size and see if that works

Woh, larney, settle down boy. Grow up a bit. Fighting about patches? Wow, what is next, browsers? :p

Is there a site which gives a comparison on the two patches? I remember there was one a while ago but I can't find it anymore. I use the one with the most features and at the moment it is Mess Patch with over 80 features. Will you be trying to match and beat Mess Patch Ahmz?

Edited by linx05

Erm, the patch does not really remove the Sharing Folder.

From my attached screenshot, you still can see the Sharing Folder on the left.

Can try to set it to completely remove?

post-33791-1181106237.jpg

I have been using this program for a long time now, and I love it. I use it on every install on every computer. The new preview feature is rad! Thanks Ahmad!

Can you provide a screenshot of the whole screen please? Reason being is that it only removes the shortcut inside the "(My) Computer" window and not in any menu lists, or maybe that's what you meant?

As attached is the full screenshot. And yes, I want to completely remove the Sharing Folder :)

See the bottom left.

post-33791-1181111176_thumb.png

Navigate to "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\explorer\MyComputer\NameSpace" and delete "{FC9FB64A-1EB2-4CCF-AF5E-1A497A9B5C2D}" key

Change log (build 4)

- New Feature: "Remove Help Dropdown Button" removes the Help button from the Login Window.

- New Feature: "Center Main Toolbar Buttons" centers the buttons in the toolbar on the Contact List (email, sharing, mobile, etc).

- New Feature: "Center Standard Toolbar Buttons" centers the buttons on the Standard Toolbar in the Instant Message Window (invite, send files, etc)

- New Feature: "Center Formatting Toolbar Buttons" centers the buttons on the Formatting Toolbar in the Instant Message Window (emoticons, font, etc).

- New Feature: "Show Idle Status" shows those who are Idle as Idle instead of Away.

- New Feature: "Remove 'My Sharing Folders' Entry from My Computer" removes the My Sharing Folders shortcut/link from My Computer without disabling the function.

- Update: Updated "Shorten Status Info in Info Bar" option from "Contact's Status is set to: Away" to "Contact is Away."

- Update: Updated Restore Settings menu with "Show 'My Sharing Folders' Entry in My Computer".

http://apatch.org/

Thanks! :D

Navigate to "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\explorer\MyComputer\NameSpace" and delete "{FC9FB64A-1EB2-4CCF-AF5E-1A497A9B5C2D}" key

Sharing Folders will cease to work if you delete that.

But is it safe to do so? Cause I don't even use Sharing Folder anyway. And this sharing folder we are talking about is MSN one right? :)

Sharing Folders will cease to work if you delete that.

I don't like/use sharing folder so I wouldn't mind if it ceased to work. I even tried to unregister it (regsvr32.exe /u "C:\Program Files\Windows Live\Messenger\fsshext.8.5.1235.0517.dll") but it kept re-registering upon re-starting of WLM 8.5 Beta :(

Think its more likely to be a change in the application that changed that, would be cool to merge those two groups tho as I never buy mobile credit.

Is it just me or did this patch once upon a time have the option to throw all the "mobile" contacts into the "offline" group?

Nope, never had that option.