A-Patch for Windows Live Messenger (8.5)

but the screen preview kicks the pants off mess patch. It's not something that's easily done and congrats to Ahmed for putting in the effort.

true, the preview part is great but again each patch has its strong points......i use both but in the end messpatch suits me better, this is like browsers its a personal thing

i use both patches, however, the only feature that i use in mess patch is the alteration of the DP size in the contact card, everything else is done with A-Patch. But yes it does come down to personal preference and what you need to get done.

Thanks for your compliments, but the truth is Mess Patch started out one complete year before A-Patch and was posted on mess.be from day one. Besides, there is no recollection of A-Patch ever being posted on mess.be.

You would never actually post a news arctible about a patch that is better than yours but you are incorrect, as most of mess.be is with news/information is, you have mentioned A-Patch before:

post-36268-1180869780.jpg

Here are some tips for mess.be:

FIX YOUR WEBSITE. Stop using an ugly 4/5 year old degins. Make it so it's like a blog so people can actually LINK to your news articles easily. What do you have to hide...old posts mentioning A-Patch hahahha?

*HOT* Stop being pendantic and calling things HOT and COOL. They are nothing close to being HOT or COOL. It's just stupid to have to read you attempting to call thing HOT and COOL

Patching profiles have been removed. - finally you do something good as that was the most stupid "publicity stunt" you pulled so far. I want to have my Messenger looking like dwergs...or not...

UPDATE: Some messers reported that their Messenger Plus! icons have disappeared from the contact list after patching Messenger. Therefore, a tiny update has been issued to address this problem. If you've already downloaded Mess Patch, then get this update via the auto-update feature, or through on the updated link below.

LOL ROFL? Every single time you guys bother to make a patch you have to do it again because you mess something up...

Apatch = Ahmad and released within 1/2 days and only ever updates..never due to stupid mistakes

Mess Patch = Rolando + too many others to even remember and 4/5 days with 2/3/4/5 "updates" due to stupid mistakes.

^ Simply put A-Patch all the way (Y)

Edited by Larney

man u r so childish.......u talk all tha crap about messpatch but if u check the past days there r 3 builds of apatch to correct bugs and even though i like both patches Apatch for me has bugs it doesnt matter if i wipe out WLM folder and registry entries but did I insult Amhad about his patch? please dint be a fool

simply is a personal preference i use apatdch the first days cause its always the first patch available(well its not the first patch the first patch is always the Universal Patch from Mastaline) then i use messpatch cause have some features that apatch doesnt have

man u r so childish.......u talk all tha crap about messpatch but if u check the past days there r 3 builds of apatch to correct bugs and even though i like both patches Apatch for me has bugs it doesnt matter if i wipe out WLM folder and registry entries but did I insult Amhad about his patch? please dint be a fool

simply is a personal preference i use apatdch the first days cause its always the first patch available(well its not the first patch the first patch is always the Universal Patch from Mastaline) then i use messpatch cause have some features that apatch doesnt have

Ahmad is just updating and refining his patch, not becasue it removes buttons from another program like Mess Patch does, because Messenger is constantly changing. Hardly any program is 100% correct - I never said that. Mess Patch has to be re-done because of some stupid mistake where as A-Patch just has small updates and tells you what they are unlike Mess.be:

in addition to a dozen of other minor bug fixes.

Sorry, WHAT minor bug fixes? You made several things ACTUALLY work?

I am not childish, just defending the best Messenger Patch as people try and talk utter crap about it without and knowledge themselves about what they are talking about. A-Patch all the way(Y))

defending what? please thisis not a stupid competition people use what best suits to them like i said and i need to corect myself: i use 3 patches: the universla patch from mastaline cause its always the firs available, then apatch cause it has more features and last messpatch casue it has the features that i need it like resize DP for example.....all patches are good dont need to brag about one like its ur work depend on it, please

defending what? please thisis not a stupid competition people use what best suits to them like i said and i need to corect myself: i use 3 patches: the universla patch from mastaline cause its always the firs available, then apatch cause it has more features and last messpatch casue it has the features that i need it like resize DP for example.....all patches are good dont need to brag about one like its ur work depend on it, please

We all have a right to choices. I never said anything to the contrary. I have the right to defend something I know is better than other things as you have the right to defend others but please stop trying to discredit my facts. I am not bragging at all.

We all have a right to choices. I never said anything to the contrary. I have the right to defend something I know is better than other things as you have the right to defend others but please stop trying to discredit my facts. I am not bragging at all.

You haven't said anything to the contrary, you just appear to argue every point he makes, which do in fact seem very valid. He likes to use more than one program, stop arguing that.

P.S. Read your posts, they do sound very childish like "Sorry, WHAT minor bug fixes? You made several things ACTUALLY work?"

it's looks like a personal vendetta

apatch is not the best, messpatch is not the best, the best is the one that best fits your needs

You haven't said anything to the contrary, you just appear to argue every point he makes, which do in fact seem very valid. He likes to use more than one program, stop arguing that.

P.S. Read your posts, they do sound very childish

I'm not having an argument. I am defending something I know is better. Whether people think the same as me is not a worry to me but I do not disregard opinions from anybody I am just doing what is my right to post and have an opinion.

PS. No they do not. I read my own posts as I type them out :)

Daeron Tin?viel, you can have your own personal best I am not taking that away from anybody. I am just defending the best patch so stop trying to argue/take away my opinion:))

P.S. Read your posts, they do sound very childish like "Sorry, WHAT minor bug fixes? You made several things ACTUALLY work?"

thank u!!!

Larney,

defending something u think is the best doesnt actually made it the best and excuseme your post sounds childish

thank u!!!

Larney,

defending something u think is the best doesnt actually made it the best and excuseme your post sounds childish

Sorry, but this thread is about A-Patch and not about other patches. It's amazingly stupid how these threads turn into childish people posting stuff about other patches. I don't go and spam threads about Mess Patch about how crap it is so stop doing that right here. Please stay ontopic and talk about A-Patch or click the friendly X at the top of your screen as this is really getting annoying.

If you have a request feature post it.

If you think Mess Patch is better GO AND POST SOMEWHERE ELSE ABOUT IT.

it's looks like a personal vendetta

apatch is not the best, messpatch is not the best, the best is the one that best fits your needs

exactly

Calm down guys, both patches are great :)

But I agree with Larney about the point that mess.be site feels like you're in prison, you can't even bookmark anything, really bad structure from a usability prospective.

I tried mess patch once and it worked great, I just like and stick to A-Patch more because it does what I need and for how fast it's updates, and how clean is its website and interface.

Refer to my post above. This thread was not made to go off-topic and discuss other patches. Stick to posting about A-Patch or stop posting in here (Y)

Sorry, but this thread is about A-Patch and not about other patches. It's amazingly stupid how these threads turn into childish people posting stuff about other patches. I don't go and spam threads about Mess Patch about how crap it is so stop doing that right here. Please stay ontopic and talk about A-Patch or click the friendly X at the top of your screen as this is really getting annoying.

If you have a request feature post it.

If you think Mess Patch is better GO AND POST SOMEWHERE ELSE ABOUT IT.

No need to sit there flexing your e-penis, everyone has the right to their own opinion. The simple fact is, that you cannot just say it is simply better, because people will use whatever they feel comfortable with at the end of the day.

I personally use A-Patch, and would recommend it to everyone else, but each to their own and whatnot

No need to sit there flexing your e-penis, everyone has the right to their own opinion. The simple fact is, that you cannot just say it is simply better, because people will use whatever they feel comfortable with at the end of the day.

I personally use A-Patch, and would recommend it to everyone else, but each to their own and whatnot

I am not "flexing my e-penis" but here you are again thinking you know it all..some things never chance. I can say what I like, thanks for trying to tell me what I can and can't say, as that is my opinion :)!

How many times do I have to say this? This thread is about A-Patch. People can think what they like, I really don't care, but stop spamming this thread with comments about other patches..this thread is not for that purpose.

I used to use MessPatch all the time, then changed over to using A-Patch, then i got wise and stopped using MSN ;)

Calm down guys, both patches are great :)

But I agree with Larney about the point that mess.be site feels like you're in prison, you can't even bookmark anything, really bad structure from a usability prospective.

Oh god yeah, the site is horrible, an absolute mess.

I like A-Patch. Love the preview when selecting the options you want. Like Daeron says I use Mess simply because it has a few things A doesn't have.

I'd love to see A-Patch add a few features. The options to put the users status next to their name (Away, Online, Busy, etc.), Resize display picture in the contact list, Center standard & format bar icons, icon to quickly access msn options, make the conversation window look like the main window.

i bet that if i would come here saying that apatch was the best and saying things like screw messpatch u wouldnt be so **** off.....

Is it possible to make the contact display on the main contact list window bigger? Someone was talking about making them 32x32 but what if i want to make them alot bigger then the original like .. 150x160 or some other size?