A-Patch for Windows Live Messenger (8.5)

Slimy
Sharing folders crashing messenger will be fixed in the next version of A-Patch plus a few other things tweaked/added.

Good to hear :)

Meshuggah

Thank you for this. WLM is worthless imho opinion without this patch.

This new update is extremely amazing. You never fail to impress with the quick updates/new ideas. :D

Larney

Ahmad, as ever good work :)

The preview images feature has been in work for ages so it's nice to finally see them in a public build and beyond beta/alpha builds (Y)

Slimy

It's currently impossible to remove this bar, right?

Dogan
u can choose to make that smaller, I like to set mine 32x32, the default size is too big

How?:))

ahmz
It's currently impossible to remove this bar, right?

It is?? lol nope, will be in the next version ;)

AgEnTsMiTh
How? :)

Yes please share.

Electronic Punk
It is?? lol nope, will be in the next version ;)

Awesome!

rand0m.bullet

is there anyway to get the last message received and user is typing message back where it was before the new beta came out? lol

Damo R.
Yes please share.

Yes Please Do :shifty:

ahmz

Change log (build 2):

- Fixed: Removing the advert in Sharing Folders was crashing Messenger.

- Tweak: Added padding to the left side of the window title when removing the WLM/Buddy logos.

- New feature: "Remove the top of the Contact List" removes the area containing your DP, Username and PSM.

- New feature: "Remove Main Toolbar" removes the toolbar with the buttons on it (email, spaces, etc).

- New feature: "Remove File Menu Dropdown Button" from the Contact List.

- New feature: "Remove File Menu Dropdown Button" from the Instant Message Window.

- Change: Added an extra page for options, moved some from page 1 to page 2 and one option from page 4 to page 5.

- Improved: Preview Area has been greatly improved allowing icons to shift places as others are added/removed, allowing for a more accurate "Preview" of your favorite Messenger!

http://apatch.org/

DaViD_BRaNDoN

Thanks for the update! My reason for using WLM 8.5

Damo R.

Sweet update thanks :D

lordtinuviel

the padding thing dont work for me

Daniel.
is there anyway to get the last message received and user is typing message back where it was before the new beta came out? lol

I'd switch to 8.5 if you added this feature. ;)

Dan

Daimaah

I have to ask this in here as well... if only I could see tiny display pictures in the contact list, I'd be sold to use A-Patch now and forever. It's the only reason why I'm still waiting for Mess Patch (which seems to be slow when it comes to adapting new beta releases...). Please add this feature!

ahmz

Change log (build 3)

- Fixed: Window Title padding in Contact List when Logo is removed.

- Fixed: Toast Logo was being removed when Remove Toast DP was selected.

- Minor program updates.

http://apatch.org/

=====

Daeron Tin?viel try build 3 and remember to patch on a clean Messenger.

Yes Daimaah I've read this request everywhere you've posted it:pp I'm working on it but I can't promise it.

Edited by Ahmz055
Daimaah

Heh, I really, really miss it so... had to get your attention :) but thanks for considering it!

Screeny

Great patch, love the new preview feature. Very nice work Ahmad.

Question: Where is the 'Always on Top' button feature which A-Patch used to have in earlier versions (as far as I remember)?

And a 'Pin to Desktop' button would be a very nice addition too.

itsnotabigtruck

Thanks so much for your work - the A-Patch makes WLM/MSN usable again!

ranasrule
Praise be to God.

Pulling an "all nighter" I'm 7 hours past my bedtime with a sore back, but I made it, A-Patch has been updated for Windows Live Messenger 8.5!

With a new (beta) version of Windows Live Messenger (8.5) comes a new and improved A-Patch. A-Patch makes patching Messenger easier than ever before. Not only are there tonnes of options to choose from, but now there's a (rough) Preview which lets you see the changes as you select them! (A change log will be added once I've come back from work and caught up on some sleep.)

apatch140previewlh6.th.png

Download A-Patch for Windows Live Messenger 8.5 BETA NOW!

Change log (build 2):

- Fixed: Removing the advert in Sharing Folders was crashing Messenger.

- Tweak: Added padding to the left side of the window title when removing the WLM/Buddy logos.

- New feature: "Remove the top of the Contact List" removes the area containing your DP, Username and PSM.

- New feature: "Remove Main Toolbar" removes the toolbar with the buttons on it (email, spaces, etc).

- New feature: "Remove File Menu Dropdown Button" from the Contact List.

- New feature: "Remove File Menu Dropdown Button" from the Instant Message Window.

- Change: Added an extra page for options, moved some from page 1 to page 2 and one option from page 4 to page 5.

- Improved: Preview Area has been greatly improved allowing icons to shift places as others are added/removed, allowing for a more accurate "Preview" of your favorite Messenger!

Change log (build 1):

- Removed "Remove Extra Padding from the Contact Manager Bar" option - no longer needed.

- Removed greyed out "Remove Packs Button" option - no longer needed.

- Removed "Add Send Button to Handwriting Tab" option - no longer needed as Microsoft decided to implement it themselves ;)

- Removed "Add Custom Games" option - doesn't work.

- Removed "Add Always On Top Button(s)" - didn't want to mess up the new caption buttons.

- Changed "Remove 'Get a webcam' Link" to "Remove 'Get Accessories' Link".

- Removed "Descriptions" button because now the descriptions are permanently viewable.

Few other misc fixes.

- Added the "Preview Area" which shows the customization effects as you click each option (this will be tweaked further :) )!

More options will be added when the User Interface of Windows Live Messenger becomes finalised.

Download A-Patch for Windows Live Messenger 8.5 BETA NOW!

MASHALLAH brother....keep up the great work

Jexel

Love your dedication to your work. A lot more proficient at it then mess.be

rand0m.bullet
I'd switch to 8.5 if you added this feature. ;)

Dan

it's the only thing i find annoying so far lol

Rolando
see we can't make the display pictures small again...

Besides.. mess-patch sucks (N), they take too long to make it, and only reason it's on the market.. is because they have mess.be to back it up.. A-patch is the original patcher, and WAS posted on mess.be before mess found a coder to make the mess patch..

LONG LIVE APATCH

Thanks for your compliments, but the truth is Mess Patch started out one complete year before A-Patch and was posted on mess.be from day one. Besides, there is no recollection of A-Patch ever being posted on mess.be.

lordtinuviel

i love both patches there is no need to say this sucks the other is great....i like meepatch cause have some features useful for me that apatch dont have, i like apatch cause always its update it fast