Transformers (2007)

Thoroughly enjoyed the movie!

Me and a bunch of friends went, I switched off my brain (as it was a Michael Bay movie) and loved it. There was some stuff that, as a true fan bugged the hell out of me, but I understood the need to change bits for the "mass" market as it were. I think my biggest beef really out of all of it was that the robots all basically looked the same. In the original cartoon a quick glance and you knew exactly who was who.. this, they were over complicated, spindly and similar looking apart from the obvious ones like Prime. I was also cringing at the "hacker" stuff - that sort of stuff in films always makes me wince.

I did like so much of it though - the effects were frankly awesome, the jokes were ok most of the time, the main characters were good, the cars were mostly good (though would have been nice to see something other than American cars.. even though Barricade the police mustang was just such a cool car!).

A great romp, lots of explosions and lots for the geek in me.

Yea the hacker stuff always does my head in! and the Whole Story of Die Hard 4 was based on the ****!

:pinch:

Transformers tho, 11/10, the CGI has to be the best, i've ever seen in any film, ever.. I hope the guys who did the CGI got a paid a hell of a lot of $$$

Well, the movie's budget was only around the $150m mark and it's been said that a large chunk of it was spent on live action, so I'm not sure the guy did get paid as much as he could have lol.

Absolutley class.

The old cartoons were a little before my time but from what I remember this is a pretty damn good live action version. CGI definitley looked like it had been spent on. Pure entertainment, whatever your age. Laughed when Bumblebee got all sensitive about the age of his vehicle.

Everyone I know whos seen this film thought it was great, this is definitley one to be enjoyed exclusivley in the cinema!

9.5/10

Yea the hacker stuff always does my head in! and the Whole Story of Die Hard 4 was based on the ****!

:pinch:

Transformers tho, 11/10, the CGI has to be the best, i've ever seen in any film, ever.. I hope the guys who did the CGI got a paid a hell of a lot of $$$

They are a VERY VERY big company and did nearly all big summer films,

http://www.ilm.com/

yup

that's the one

thank you very much

there's another song after thig one bumblebee changes it when they are already stopped there, when she goes down... any clue?

When Sam first offers to drive her home, it's "Drive" by The Cars.

When Bumblebee breaks down, it's "Sexual Healing" by Marvin Gaye

When Sam tries changing the station, it's "I Feel Good" by James Brown

When Bumblebee finally starts up and Sam slams the hood down to catch up with Megan Fox, it's "Baby Come Back" by Player.

I think that's all of them. ;)

When Sam first offers to drive her home, it's "Drive" by The Cars.

When Bumblebee breaks down, it's "Sexual Healing" by Marvin Gaye

When Sam tries changing the station, it's "I Feel Good" by James Brown

When Bumblebee finally starts up and Sam slams the hood down to catch up with Megan Fox, it's "Baby Come Back" by Player.

I think that's all of them. ;)

Ah yeah, thats them ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Just for the record ,when he "drops" her home we can hear "Linkin Park - What I've Done" on the radio. (also when we get into the end credits)

***Dances around the rooms cause he is a LP fan :D***

And the movie rocked ,absolutely did . 100/10 no thats not a typo :D

Edited by Techno_Funky

THIS WAS AWESOME.

Seriously, when I first heard about this I was like "Ugh, are they that desperate for ideas? This is gonna suck.", but after seeing it I'll eat my words. Just brilliant, I loved it, can't wait for the sequel (2 of which have been greenlighted due to the success of this one).

• 3 weeks later...
Forgettable and a joke of a plot to boot.

oh thank god, i thought i was the only person in the world who hated the movie!

its such a dumbed down movie, i cant believe sooo many of my mates loved it!

• 2 weeks later...
and we'll get more. 2 more minutes for the IMAX version being released on Sept 21st (as mentioned above).

it's only some extended scenes of the actors. there's no new bot action.

yeah.... i saw it on the weekend.... no new bot action scenes... which was disappointing.... some more dialogue.... which doesnt help the story much.... but it was exciting to see it in IMAX

yeah.... i saw it on the weekend.... no new bot action scenes... which was disappointing.... some more dialogue.... which doesnt help the story much.... but it was exciting to see it in IMAX

well I told everyone that there's no new bot action.. lol. like two posts above.

I saw it on Friday night and it's a great action film, yup the plot is a bit silly but who cares when the action is insane :D There were some very funny moments too :laugh: 8/10 :)

Im bit slow to post, i watch that movie ago.

Anyway i still LOVE that robot that can skate and best CGI that flame on robot! (crash to um bus?)

I LOVE that movie!!! 10/10 (without subtitle!!! i need it :( coz im deaf ughh!! of course i'll buy a DVD)

post-38476-1191848808.jpg

Im bit slow to post, i watch that movie ago.

Anyway i still LOVE that robot that can skate and best CGI that flame on robot! (crash to um bus?)

I LOVE that movie!!! 10/10 (without subtitle!!! i need it :( coz im deaf ughh!! of course i'll buy a DVD)

that flame on the bus is real on the bus and fake on Bonecrusher.

• 2 weeks later...

A two little nitpick, but the autobots in their robot form looks a lot bigger compare to the vehicle that they change to. Also there should a lot more destruction during the fight scenes. Especially the bridge scene.

A two little nitpick, but the autobots in their robot form looks a lot bigger compare to the vehicle that they change to. Also there should a lot more destruction during the fight scenes. Especially the bridge scene.

I think they can change into any size ?

10/10 Nice action and is funny :)