Transformers (2007)

I loved this movie!

It was like reliving a part of my childhood. They did a great job bringing this movie to life. There were a couple of parts to the story that just kinda disappeared which I can only assume would be deleted materials, or set up for a 2nd movie. -- Yes, then there were parts that absolutely set up for a 2nd movie. :D

It's going to be hard for any movie to top the special effects from Transformers for a long time. Wow... just wow.

I just saw this for the third time last night. I still loved it just as much as the first time.

It's just so good!

5/5 for a non Transformer geek.

4/5 for a Transformer geek (like myself)

Would have liked more Starscream vs Megatron arguments, like the cartoon.

Is it just me or were the Decipticons WAY COOLER than the Autobots. :shiftyninja:

THIS MOVIE ROCKS!!!!!!! I just watched it and it was SO awesome!!!!! The twists, the fights, the characters, EVERYTHING!!! A SO must see!!!

10\10! (And I don't give that out lightly!)

The Decipticons did seem to have some cool Gadgets....Frenzy hacking the network was cool....made you see how much superior these machines could be compared too humans when it comes to interfacing with other machines or manipulating them....

Bumble Bee was wicked. I want one of those Camaro's badly.... and I'm not much of a muscle car fan. but damn that Camaro looks sick!!!

Optimus was the coolest... he was cool and leaderlike and still showed he could rumble with anyone...loved how he took off bonecrushers head. lol and his voice just topped it off.

Megatron was ....well indeed in true form if these Robots were real he was how you would picture a cold mean power hungry villan....I loved how he flicked off the human on the street. LMAO... Megatron's voice fitted him exactly. deep and cold overtone.

Now we know what "Sector Seven" was all about.

www.sectorseven.org

new password: codeblack

contains video of dinobot, instecticons and laserbeak pretty cool :laugh:

When i read that ppl were waiting this movie so much i really didnt understand why.. i presumed it was an "animated" movie.

Then i seen the trailer and i said yea, pretty hot..

I then read a post by bangbang023 that he's seen the movie twice already and im like..erm...why?

Then i go see the movie last night.. OMFG!!!!111!!! i see alot of movies, im a big big movie fan, without doubt this has been the most spectaticular movie ive seen in years, if not EVER! the plot was great the actors were great but the seemless interaction between the transformers and players in the movie made it look so real! The movie was so amazing and to add to o all of that it was soo funny i just thouoght it was brilliant 10/10 and that rating does not come lightly with me.

So yea, i think i might go see it again ;)

Yeah Transformers was a great awesome movie, i watched it the first day it came out in the UK and hardly got my tickets WoW! a massive que outside the cinema full of dudes lol and yeah it was AWESOME i watched it twice now :p

Would have to say its a very very good action movie but found it a bit lacking in the story department and a bit cliche.

But definatly a worthwhile movie to see at the cinema. Great action!

I just came back from watching it for the second time. I plan on watching it again with some friends who haven't seen it yet. Transformer is, arguably, the best action movie ever to be made thus far.

In my opinion this has been the biggest let down of a movie in my entire life. I thought it was going to be so awesome but instead they gave it a child like playful feel to it where I thought they were going to make a movie similar to Terminator 2 in terms of it being a serious, slightly scary action film with lots of suspense. Sadly this film was no way near T2, gets a 5.5/10 for me.

Period.

It's quite interesting to see the mixed reactions from different persons here.

Well, I have finally seen it, caught the advanced preview at Cineworld, Chichester, UK. Now, naturally being a lifetime fan, I am going into this with high-expectations, but at the same time, I understand that they are bringing transformers to a new audience, so naturally, somethings just aren't going to be like the original.

I was in awe ever since Barricade first transformed and loved every minute while I was watching. I was to engrossed to start finding flaws in the film. Watchable rating: 10/10...

...but...after the film had ended...

There were so many things that didn't happen. For one, there was not nearly enough Starscream/Megatron banter, in fact, it was non-existant. Frenzy was an interesting little Decepticon, and his death at the end was quite comedic. The one character who I thought was most different from G1 was IronHide, who in the film almost had pure contempt for humans.

Overall, the afterthoughts somewhat diminish the overall score for this film :(

Story - 8/10

Special Effects - 10/10

Re-watchability (IMO) - 10/10

For Die-Hard Fans - 6/10

Overall - 8.5/10

Oh, and...All Hail The Mountain-Dew Transformer!

Edited by Antaris

A few months ago, i asked my GF if she wanted to go see the new transformers movie with me, she, as with most girls when you mention a cartoon made in the 1980's, rolled her eyes and didnt seem enthusiastic about it.

But on Saturday i had 2 tickets for the advanced screenings and i can happily say she did not regret going to see it

Some people are taking the movie to seriously

"blah blah blah doesn't stick to the G1 Transformers... blah blah blah Bumble bee was 5 foot 3 inches taller than in G1 that is unacceptable!.. blah blah starscreams voice didnt have the cursive distrustful undertones he had in G1!!! i demand the film is scraped and made again! blah blah primes colour of red was not right, you have now ruined my life for ever and i will blame Michael Bay for me loosing my job due to obsessing over this!"

lighten up! the movie was great! nice action, story that NON TRANSFOMERS GEEKS could understand, and the actors did pretty well acting around 25 foot non existent metal monsters :)

Thing is i just cant decide... do i want to buy a black mustang with "to punish and enslave" on the side, or a yellow Camaro with black raceing stripes...

The music during the chase between Bumblebee and Barricade was great (as pointed out before the song is Pretty Handsome Awkward by The Used) i just hope and pray that in the dvd there is an extended chase/fight part (if you watch the chase starts during the day time, he runs away from his own car first thing in the morning as hes getting breakfast, and in the train yard where they fight its night time)

Also, don't know if anyone else noticed/liked this part, but when Optimus is introducing the rest of the Autobots, he goes through them all and gets to Bumblebee who plays a few second clip from Second To None by Styles of Beyond Feat, Mike Shinoda(from Linken Park) which goes "Check on the rep, Second to none" and he does a boxing style foot shuffle like Muhammad "Float like a Butterfly, sting like a Bee" Ali was a nice moment, though i dont think many people picked up on it

Anyway, despite having to whisper "bad guy", "good guy" to my girlfriend whenever a new Transformer came on screen i loved the movie, and would love to see it at the pics again soon, and i cant wait for the dvd!... if a blueray/hd-dvd comes with alot more extended stuff i may be tempted to jump on the new player bandwagon

Edited by clx

Saw this movie for the first time last night and OMFG IT WAS ****ING AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Going to see it again at least another 2 times :D