Transformers (2007)

aw man... this movie was so great. It's the best movie I've seen since December or so.

VERY VERY well made. They didn't over play the little high-school romance nor did they make it too corny.

I went with a female friend of mine who had little (or very close to non) interest in the movie, and she admits that it was much better than she expected it to be.

I absolutely loved this movie and it is MUST SEE

<3

I'm sorry JediXAngel but the Barriacade transforming scene is one of the worst in the movie. 1 or 2 frames are all we see before he fully transforms into the car again. Poor!

I liked the movie but the action scenes were disappointing. All we get to see in the fights are blurry metal and super close-up shots. I want to see jaw-dropping CGI not blurry CGI for chrissakes.

Saw the movie last night at an advanced showing. It. was. awesome. My brother in law said it was the best movie he's ever seen. I can't agree with that, but man oh man, it r0x0rz j00rz s0x0rz.

I felt Bonecrusher went down too easy. I mean, sure, the body parts of each robot is their body, but as long as their spark is alive, they shouldn't die so quickly. In the case for Bonecrusher, I liked seeing him and Prime go at it, but for someone so big, I think it was too easy of a kill, and it was only his head, why couldn't he still function without it? It can be replaced after all, or am I not seeing it correctly??

And man, I keep thinking about Jazz and I wanna cry... He's so tiny compared to Megatron.

Ironhide and his aerobics through the street, nice touch.

If keeping the robots frozen is what made them go offline, how do they go through space and still function? Starscream, who is still alive, flew into space during the credits. Also alive is Scorponok, who was badly hurt. They'll find some way to bring Megatron back, because he's gotta be back to give Prime some competition!

Shia was as comical as ever and was a great touch to the film. Bring on the sequel baby!

Just got back from seeing this...

OH MY F*CKING GOD. It was amazing. I was on the edge of my seat the whole time. The right amount of comedy, action, drama, and everything else you would ever want in a film. The Transformers looked amazing. Absolutely amazing. They were perfect. You can't even tell that they're CG AT ALL. And I usually notice things like that.

I'm just in awe of how great the movie was.

10/10.

I'm beginning to hate the members of Neowin for torementing me so... :cry:

I watched it a couple of the days ago. Usually, I can always get a ticket on Opening Night but the hype for this movie was so high that tickets were sold out left, right and centre. My brother managed to get a ticket on the first day and when he came back he said it was the best movie he had ever seen, and he's more interested in Harry Potter! I managed to get a ticket at a small cinema (a small price to pay) but it was worth it.

I have nothing else to criticise which is unusual in itself. The CGI in this movie is incredible! ILM have really outdone themselves. I have worked in the Multimedia industry and have seen some amazing images at MDEC here in Malaysia, but what I've seen in this movie has blown me away! I can hardly see the difference between what is CGI and what's real. Top notch animation and the 38 hours it took to render 1 frame was worth it. The story was also quite good though the love angle with Shia and Megan was a bit drawn out. Shia was excellent in his comedic role, I laughed quite a lot at his antics! Some of the comedic moments involving the Autobots at Shia's home was hilarious! All in all, I'm a very happy Transformers fan.

Oh, and I love Megan's comment about Bumblebee when she criticised the age of his ride :laugh: !

Scirwode

i just got back from it, and i must admit it was pretty damn awesome!

the beginning i really hated, the lame jokes, and dumb characters just really annoyed me. For that, i can't give this a perfect 10/10.

The action was very cool, battles were just perfect (minus the dumb comedy), i think the movie played out very well

My rating: 8/10

P.S. how much did xbox and mountain dew pay to get there names into this movie?

i don't see a part 2 from this.. but i sure do hope there is!

i was really impressed by this film. i expected it to have a childish undertone to the whole thing to make it tolerable to children but it turned out rather good and i wish to watch it a few more times in the theaters and then when it comes out on dvd get the HD version of it.

There was already a line when I went today, I too though that the movie would be lame. I never seen transformer before (I mean the cartoon or whatever they had before), But the did a fantastic job making the movie. I would give them 11 out of 10 (I am just throwing extra one for not messing up the movie).

does anyone know where i can get the trailer that showed at the beginning of the film for a move that was by JJ Abrams it did not have a title but i want the trailer again.

please pm me if you find it please

Am in America at the moment, and caught an advance screening on July 2nd.

OMG, that movie was just AWESOME :D :D

I never saw the original movie from the 80s, but I remember playing with some of the toys as a kid, but I really enjoyed the new version. Yes it was a bit thin on plot in certain places, but the CGI and action were just amazing. I hope the sequels expand on the story now we've seen the visuals :yes:

Two thumbs up and 9/10

I saw it this afternoon... I thought it was okay. Megan Fox is lucky though, her career will probably be propelled because of this movie, even though she wasn't even on screen "that" much.

I went down to Scotiabank Theater tonight and it was sold out. SO DAMN PIS SED!!!

I went down to Scotiabank Theater tonight and it was sold out. SO DAMN PIS SED!!!

I think now you're all beginning to feel how I feel.

As for the sequel (and I really hope there is one), I am hoping they bring the likes of Soundwave, Constructicons and also Omega Supreme. oooh, and Ultra Magnus. That would be top.

I just saw the movie for a second time and I must say I enjoyed it much better, mainly because I knew what to expect and the action scenes no longer disappointed me.

I would give this an 8 or 8.5/10. Sunshine is still the best movie from this year that I've seen but Transformers is tied with POTC3 for second place. :)

The autobots' faces are **** ugly though, especially Ratchet (his vehicle mode is **** ugly as well) and IronHide. Prime's lips make him look like **** as well, they should damn well keep his mouthshield on for the sequel. The Decepticons all look way cool though (except Frenzy), especially Bonecrusher, Blackout, Devastator and Barricade. Starscream should have had a lot more screentime he kicked the most ass... in fact all the decepticons (except Frenzy again) should have had more screentime.

If keeping the robots frozen is what made them go offline, how do they go through space and still function? Starscream, who is still alive, flew into space during the credits. Also alive is Scorponok, who was badly hurt. They'll find some way to bring Megatron back, because he's gotta be back to give Prime some competition!

You seriously want to nitpick like that in a movie like Transformers? :p

BTW, Barricade didn't die too. The last we see of him was when Bonecrusher transforms.

wow, i have to be honest i expected this movie to be a complete flop but you guys seem to love it!

shame i wont be seeing this anytime soon, no chance of a babysitter so i just have to wait for dvd:(

I saw it last night and I must say: I thought I was going to die from pure amazingness. This movie is bliss, it's got to be one the best damn things I've seen in a long time. No amount of word can describe how overly joyed I am to have seen that movie. I am going to go see it again, then again, maybe once more then buy it on DVD, then maybe buy it again. Dead serious.

I LOVED this movie, but this genre is my thing, I seriously cannot fathom how this movie made me feel, I can't wait to see it again!

You seriously want to nitpick like that in a movie like Transformers? :p

BTW, Barricade didn't die too. The last we see of him was when Bonecrusher transforms.

Meh, it's not that big of a deal. Like in Heroes, there's a lot to nit pick about, but in the end, it's not worth it ;)

From Wikipedia about Barricade: It is also noted that a door from Barricade's police car mode can be seen on the ship dumping the remains of the Decepticons into the ocean.

Don't know what to make of this entry since I can't confirm it unless I see it again. I'd say it's definitely possible, especially since you don't see him for the rest of the film. There are still tons of other Decepticons though.

Argh! So annoyed this is delayed over here till later on in the month! Seems like its getting good reviews from fellow geeks and Transformers fans..

I'm not going in there expecting this to pander to my childhood memories (as I just know its been chopped and changed far beyond that) but just want to go and enjoy it for a no brainer action fest that just has effin great transforming planes and trucks in it.. i'm going to feel like a kid again when this movie comes out and I can't WAIT! :)

Autobots.. transform and roll out!

God that girl was ****ing hot! :/ http://www.meganfoxy.com/gallery/fhm/ Shame on me :p

Movie was really good, but I felt it was longer than it should've been. Other than that probably the best movie I've seen this year. :cool:

One thing I don't get is where did that Sandbug thing go? It wasn't dead, it went back into the ground and that was the last of what we saw about it for the rest of the movie...:s