FA Premier League Thread

FA Premier League 2007/08  

333 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the FA Premier League 2007/08?

• Arsenal
    • Blackburn Rovers
    • Bolton Wanderers
    • Chelsea
    • Liverpool
    • Manchester United
    • Newcastle United
    • Portsmouth
    • Tottenham Hotspur
    • Other
  2. 2. Who be relegated from the FA Premier League 2007/08 (select 3)?

• Aston Villa
    • Birmingham City
    • Derby County
    • Everton
    • Fulham
    • Middlesbrough
    • Reading
    • Sunderland
    • Wigan Athletic
    • Other
  3. 3. Who will be top scorer in the FA Premier League 2007/08?

• Benni McCarthy
    • Carlos Tevez
    • Cristiano Ronaldo
    • Didier Drogba
    • Dimitar Berbatov
    • Fernando Torres
    • Michael Owen
    • Wayne Rooney
    • Yakubu Aiyegbeni
    • Other

I dunno I think the Spanish leagues are very unpredictable I mean each week Real Madrid aren't always favourites to win nor are Barcelona, I do love Spanish football as well I watch that alot more then EPL.

I think Torres has a point actually. If you compare the lower league teams in La Liga to the lower league teams in the Premier League, I would say the La Liga sides are better.

Just look at Atletico Madrid, they have an awesome squad. Aguero, Forlan, Luis Garcia, Rodriguez, Simao, Motta, Reyes, Pablo, Franco, Raul Garcia and Mista are all class acts.

Although, that is beginning to change as more and more money is flowing into the Premier League.

I think Torres has a point actually. If you compare the lower league teams in La Liga to the lower league teams in the Premier League, I would say the La Liga sides are better.

Just look at Atletico Madrid, they have an awesome squad. Aguero, Forlan, Luis Garcia, Rodriguez, Simao, Motta, Reyes, Pablo, Franco, Raul Garcia and Mista are all class acts.

Although, that is beginning to change as more and more money is flowing into the Premier League.

i think the top 3/4 teams of the EPL are better but once you get to the uefa cup places, the spanish league is definately the better

Everyone has always said the lower clubs in spain are better, they have better luck in the UFEA cup.

I think it's a mixed bag for us now days, as the price of football goes up in england, supporters are getting worried they will no longer afford it.

Torres finds it easier here because the game is much more open and atttack-flowing, unlike Spain where there is a lot of defensive possession. That's why he finds it easier to play as it is fast flowing whereas other players such as defensive midfielders struggle to settle as sometimes the game is that fast it bypasses them.

Anyway,

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11095_3430194,00.html

Lucky Arsenal, Villa would be a great signing. Especially when paired up with an in-form Adebayour.

It just goes to show how much of a spin the English media put on interviews. This was the original interview...

Would you have liked to have been trained by Benitez?

- Yes, from the comments of my Liverpool mates or the ones here in Valencia who played for him. They tell me that they?ve learned many things from him. It?s a pity that we didn?t coincide.

Would you like Marcelino as a manager here at Valencia?

- He?s very similar to Quique in terms of personality, of keeping a group together and demanding the most. I played for him at Sporting when I was 17 years old and it was a very positive experience for me.

Should the national team play with a 4-4-2 or a 4-1-4-1 formation?

- Both systems have worked well for us. It doesn?t matter.

Are you compatible with Torres?

- Yes, both on and off the pitch. We like playing together. I don?t want to disrespect Atletico but Torres has been through some tough times and now he feels liberated. And the way Liverpool play suits his abilities, which are up there with the best in the world.

Would you adapt to English football as well?

- I think so. Their football is fast, counter-attacking, which is the best for my qualities. Of course it?s a different story to get there and be successful. As a fan, I like Arsenal because they play one, two touch football and they?re very good at it. And because of my mates, I like Liverpool.

You spoke of a pact with Valencia?s majority owner, Juan Soler, about your Valencia exit. Do you trust him?

- When some clubs expressed their interest in me, he told me that he didn?t want to negotiate and that we would discuss it next year.

You mean this summer?

- Yes but if an offer arrives for me I will have to speak to the president [Agustin Morera], not with the majority owner.

Where do you see yourself playing in the future?

- I?m currently under contract for five years and a very high buyout clause.

It just goes to show how much of a spin the English media put on interviews. This was the original interview...

The same thing happened when Modric said: "I watched the Champions League quarter-finals and the way they crushed Arsenal. Only the greatest and the best can play such a match against strong Arsenal."

I honestly don't believe he said that in those words.

The same thing happened when Modric said: "I watched the Champions League quarter-finals and the way they crushed Arsenal. Only the greatest and the best can play such a match against strong Arsenal."

I honestly don't believe he said that in those words.

I agree, he probably never.

It sounds like something out of Die Hard, "I will crushhhh you". He is only a weedy footballer as well ;)

Judge for yourself ;)

New home kit:

liverpool0810ho3.jpg

New away kit:

l_86bbf8101045dd2ed0c38faa57e65dea.jpg

New European away kit:

l_127ed183d700561153e89b82891b69a7.jpg

The home kit is very similar to the one we have now, except without the collar. The away kit is a bit...weird from that picture but hopefully it will look better in real life. The new European away kit is really good though (it looks like a kit we had years ago).

The European away is meant to be a "copy" of a rather successful kit we had some years ago...

Liverpool1992.bmp

Our three kits this season were superb, but you can't have the same ones/same colour every season :(

home kit looks like a liverpool jersey, i agree the away kit looks weird and i am not a fan of the euro kit, the black one this season and the one a few years ago reebok did was amazing. I would rather them stick with black...

?60...to get the shirt with Gerrard and delivered by launch date. Rip off surely!!!

oh and yours is the same as ours cept you have the collar instead of us.