FA Premier League Thread

FA Premier League 2007/08  

333 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the FA Premier League 2007/08?

• Arsenal
    • Blackburn Rovers
    • Bolton Wanderers
    • Chelsea
    • Liverpool
    • Manchester United
    • Newcastle United
    • Portsmouth
    • Tottenham Hotspur
    • Other
  2. 2. Who be relegated from the FA Premier League 2007/08 (select 3)?

• Aston Villa
    • Birmingham City
    • Derby County
    • Everton
    • Fulham
    • Middlesbrough
    • Reading
    • Sunderland
    • Wigan Athletic
    • Other
  3. 3. Who will be top scorer in the FA Premier League 2007/08?

• Benni McCarthy
    • Carlos Tevez
    • Cristiano Ronaldo
    • Didier Drogba
    • Dimitar Berbatov
    • Fernando Torres
    • Michael Owen
    • Wayne Rooney
    • Yakubu Aiyegbeni
    • Other

We beat the Bitters :D

lol yeah we did... it was good to see crouch and pennant come in... (with three minutes left in the game... what a joke).

at least hyypia and riise started :) the more i watch skrtel the more i like the guy

i still prefer carragher and agger center back

agger is good, and i love carragher (he played and started yesterday anyway). If it was me i would play riise, hyypia carragher and skrtel. Even move riise to mid in a defending role and play agger. It would give riise more incentive to come up once in a while and use his unreal shot. (its how i use him in fifa...)

also words cannot describe how much i hate benayoun and veronin... oh yeah, not a babel or lucas fan yet (they will be unreal players one day)

yeh benayoun and voronin have yet to really please me, more so Voronin, i can't stand him, Kuyt works hard but needs to take chances and work on finishing more.

I do like Babel, however i prefer Kewell so disapointed hes injured and not getting games as i think his experience would add that extra edge, lucas, well, mini gerrard really, few more years and he'll blossom into an excellent player.

But Aurelio and Ardebola (sp) are good defenders too, but i think Hyypia is too old for what hes worth, the experience he has warrants a place, but his age and speed let him down.

Either way, i can't wait till Wednesday to see what team we pick and how well we perform against Arsenal.

Time to rename this thread!

Liverpool's Premier League thread.

:laugh:

Yeah I never chat about West Ham because lets face it they do nothing weekly!

yeh benayoun and voronin have yet to really please me, more so Voronin, i can't stand him, Kuyt works hard but needs to take chances and work on finishing more.

I do like Babel, however i prefer Kewell so disapointed hes injured and not getting games as i think his experience would add that extra edge, lucas, well, mini gerrard really, few more years and he'll blossom into an excellent player.

But Aurelio and Ardebola (sp) are good defenders too, but i think Hyypia is too old for what hes worth, the experience he has warrants a place, but his age and speed let him down.

Either way, i can't wait till Wednesday to see what team we pick and how well we perform against Arsenal.

you do have a good point about hyypia. Kewell is amazing, that aussie is worth his wait in gold when he is healthy. I am praying he at least starts pennant (i know crouch is a longshot) against the gunners

From Everton's website:

Everton have responded to comments made by Liverpool boss Rafael Benitez concerning the Toffees' travelling fans.

Benitez criticised Everton's away support in the wake of Sunday's 207th Merseyside derby, claiming they showed 'a lack of respect' with chants aimed at Steven Gerrard at Anfield.

Ian Ross, Everton's Head of PR, issued a statement in response.

He said: "Whilst we would never condone the singling out of individual players for vitriolic insults, it is a shame that Mr Benitez chose to ignore the actions of his own club's supporters.

"Not only was Joleon Lescott subjected to an afternoon-long barrage of quite disgusting and quite audible abuse, Phil Neville was seemingly spat at several times and was also punched in the back by a supporter as he took a throw-in.

"We have asked Merseyside Police and our Safety Officer to look into the matter.

"In calling for Everton supporters to respect his players, Mr Benitez should, perhaps, remember his comments of 12 months ago when he sought to belittle one of world sport's oldest and most respected institutions by describing us as a 'small club'. Respect is a two-way street."

I must say that I agree completely with Everton. Respect is a two-way street, and Benitez went too far. Banter between rivals is something, but his comments are disrespectful.

It is part of the Derby day banter. I love the way Benitez winds up Everton so much, he reminds me of Shankly in that respect ("if Everton where playing in my back garden, I'd close my curtains" :laugh:).

Anyway, Phil Neville was deliberately leaning into the Liverpool fans...hence the little shove for the inbred *insert swear word of choice*.

I love the way Everton only have two songs as well (and both are about Liverpool), one of them is the Gerrard "the baby is not yours" and the other is "we don't care what the red***** say".

you do have a good point about hyypia. Kewell is amazing, that aussie is worth his wait in gold when he is healthy. I am praying he at least starts pennant (i know crouch is a longshot) against the gunners

You won't like this rajput...but Pennant played in the "mini" Derby last night (Liverpool reserves v Everton reserves...which we also won 1-0 ;)). So I don't think he travelled to London with the rest of the squad.

I'd like to see Pennant given a chance at Kuyt's role myself, just not in such an important game as this.

The Torres wage is incorrect. I think he was on like ?110,000 at Atletico and then he took a wagedrop> to around ?90,000 when he joined us.

orly?

I just posted something I saw on a West Ham fansite I think thats a list that was leaked from the FA but who knows unless you know Torres "personally");) after all you want his babie:p:p

orly?

I just posted something I saw on a West Ham fansite I think thats a list that was leaked from the FA but who knows unless you know Torres "personally" ;) after all you want his babies :p

who doesnt want his babies haha :p

orly?

I just posted something I saw on a West Ham fansite I think thats a list that was leaked from the FA but who knows unless you know Torres "personally" ;) after all you want his babies :p

Torres babies are mine :laugh:

Anyway, apparently Torres was on ?103,000 at Atletico and is now paid ?90,000. Benitez himself even said he took a pay cut, and it was also reported on the BBC.

Fernando Torres passion was key - Rafa Benitez

Jul 4 2007 by David Prentice

Fernando Torres Liverpool FC's new signing . Picture PA Photos

Fernando Torres Liverpool Fc's new signing . Picture PA Photos _158

FERNANDO TORRES? ?passion for Liverpool? was the key to Rafa Benitez smashing Liverpool?s transfer record to land the Spanish striker.

The 23-year-old passed a medical last night and was due to be unveiled at Anfield today.

And delighted boss Beni?Atletico Madrid had better offers and the player had better offers.

?But he always wanted to join Liverpool. That was the key for me.

?We needed to work hard because there were other clubs who wanted him that we knew about - other clubs offering more money.

?But the player said straight away ?I want to join Liverpool?. He said we were his first choice and that was the key for me.

?He has taken a pay cut to come here. Okay he is still on a very good contract because he is a top player. But to be a successful club you need players with passion and Fernando has passion.?rnando has passion.?

Liverpool completed a ?20m deal yesterday, with the ?5m rated Luis Garcia moving in the opposite direction, and Benitez added: ?I am happy for everybody at the club, for George Gillett and Tom Hicks who agreed to sanction the deal and for Rick Parry who worked hard to make it happen.

?He is a fantastic player who can score goals and will work hard for the team.

?I have also seen that he is a very hard worker in training sessions.

?He has talent, but he can also improve.?

Torres has finished top scorer for Atletico in each of the last five seasons, but Benitez believes the player?s goals record can get even better.

?If you analyse the figures,? he said, ?he was a footballer playing first team football at 17-years-old and it is very difficult to score goals consistently at that age.

?Then Atletico Madrid were not a top four team and Torres was playing up front on his own.

?But if you read the comments of the Madrid supporters they say he couldn?t have worked any harder for the team.

?To score the goals he has at his age, every season, shows he has great potential and he has the capacity to improve. I hope that at a big club surrounded by good players he will get even better.?

Benitez also admitted that the sale of Garcia in the opposite direction had been a sacrifice.

?Luis was a fantastic player for us,? he added. ?He had ability and he could change a game. But it is a good move for him and his family. Atletico is a good club and we are professionals.?

looks to me more like he was offered more than what liverpool were offering so it was a pay cut compared to what he was offered elsewhere, what i find strange is that there are players on the same wages and they aren't like exactly ?75,000 but some odd number with a few players on the same amount

also, Crazysah needs to update his sig, arsenal are now 3rd:pp

You won't like this rajput...but Pennant played in the "mini" Derby last night (Liverpool reserves v Everton reserves...which we also won 1-0 ;)). So I don't think he travelled to London with the rest of the squad.

I'd like to see Pennant given a chance at Kuyt's role myself, just not in such an important game as this.

damnit :(

That's just basic salary.

They will also be on appearance bonus/win bonus/goal bonus/cleansheet bonus etc etc.

Plus, Liverpool are paying ?250,000 to At. Madrid for every 25 goals he scores or something like that.