360 RROD Poll

https://www.neowin.net/news/main/07/12/30/n...360-died-on-you

Those of you with (or without) problems please detail.

How many have you had?

How long have you owned your console?

Do you have the original design or the new Falcon 65nm core?

Is it a Core, Arcade, Pro, Elite, Halo, etc?

And please keep this discussion only to the effects of Xbox problems -- 360 vs PS3 vs Wii discussion or any other type of "platform bashing" will not be tolerated!

0 RROD's

I have had my console for more than 2.5 years

Original Design

Premium

I use my 360 a lot, and it has only froze once in a game when I hit the Xbox button.

I've had 3 360's fail - I'm currently on my 4th 360. Each failure was down to the RROD.

The first one was a launch console that lasted around 6-7 months.

The second one was a refurb which I sold (I later found out that this console too RRODed shortly after selling it - MS replaced it though).

The 3rd Console was bought new (had a 2006 manufacture date) but it died with the RROD about a month after the 12 month warranty expired. Luckily it died shortly after Microsoft?s announcement so I got it replaced with....

Xbox 360 number 4 - was a replacement console from Microsoft, has a mid 2007 manufacture date (so I took it that Microsoft started replacing the dead machines with new ones). So far this machine has been OK:unsure:e:

Each console that died was a core.

Edited by ReAnimation

ive never had a RROD...although ive only had my 360 for 5 days :p

im actually waiting to get the RROD, my premium didnt come with an hdmi port so hopefully if it does bread down on me, at least i get a small upgrade.

I have 2 original 360s; both over a year old. One died on my the Friday before Xmas. I have submitted the online "out of warranty" repair for RROD and have yet to receive a response from them. Thankfully I do have a second working 360 but I'm concerned as to how long that will last. Hopefully until I receive my other one back. And hopefully i'll receive the new falcon .

How many have you had? 2

How long have you owned your (current) console? 7 + Months

Do you have the original design: Made in 2007

Pro.

I had my first one for about 6 or so months, till my little sister ****ed it up. No RROD yet though, Always keep my xbox clean of dust and it has proper air flow.

I have only owned Elite so far...bought it right after it was launched, I think sometime April 2007. Actually in May. :)

Zero freezes, no problems whatsoever. Only couple of networking glitches that I solved by changing my DNS servers.

I have two 360 Premium units and both got the RROD after about 10 months. The first replacement is still working ok for about 4 months now. I do find myself doing a good luck dance before powering them on. I'm still waiting to get my second 360 replacement back from MS :(

One Xbox 360.

No RRODs

Started scratching game discs in the summer. Repaired.

Started scratching game discs AGAIN last week. Haven't sent it off yet because I want to use it as a Media Center extender during the holiday.

Extremely disappointed.

i havent bought mine yet but my cousin's just got the RROD recently. Over a year before he had problems. My buddy has had to get 3 replacements due to faulty cables and things like that. My mom doesnt think I should get one if they have so many problems but I plan on it anyway

My launch day console RROD'd after 9 or 10 months (right as they extended the warranty period for the first time, to one year).

It was replaced under warranty, took about 3 days to get the replacement which has worked flawlessly thus far.

I also have a second 360 that I bought around the same time the first one died (for a different room), which sees less use but has also been fine.

I'll soon be selling one of them to replace it with a Falcon-based Elite.

i havent bought mine yet but my cousin's just got the RROD recently. Over a year before he had problems. My buddy has had to get 3 replacements due to faulty cables and things like that. My mom doesnt think I should get one if they have so many problems but I plan on it anyway

Buy a new one (with the "Go Pro" or "Go Big" box, which should be a Falcon model) and you'll have absolutely nothing to worry about.

How many have you had?

How long have you owned your console?

Do you have the original design or the new Falcon 65nm core?

Is it a Core, Arcade, Pro, Elite, Halo, etc?

On my second.

My launch console lasted 2 years+.

My new 360 is the Falcon 65nm.

Launch console was a Premium, new 360 is a Pro.

I'm on my third Xbox 360.

First machine was a UK launch day Premium and that failed with RROD literally days before the 1 year warranty ran out on it (this was before Microsoft announced the 3 year warranty). Replaced that with another Premium machine which lasted about 7 months before suffering from DVD drive failure and my third is an Elite, which touch wood I haven't had any major problems with yet.

Fortunately (unfortunately?) I work at GAME which means replacements have always been easy to arrange. I've never once had to deal with Microsoft regarding any of my 360s.

Yup, I've owned a 360 since mid-2006 and it's died on me with the red ring of death. A week later I was able to use it for about a week, and then it died again. When Halo 3 came out, I got that and put the disc in my 360. I did the update via the disc (because my 360's not online), and then shut down because I was going to eat. I came back to try out Halo 3 for the first time, and I was greeted with a red ring of death.

Of course I thought all those rumors about Halo 3 killing 360's was true because of this, but after a while it just seemed like everyone's was dying anyway. For example, a friend of mine's 360 died just 2 weeks prior. I didn't think it would happen to me, though, but hey I guess I got all the luck. I don't know anyone else with a 360, so that makes it 2 for 2. I didn't try any tricks to get it back to life, I was too ****ed off to do anything about it because it cost so much, and also because I bought Halo 3 on launch.

Anyway... I then bought an Elite because I figured I might as well get one with HDMI and also to get a 360 that was built from the ground up to not have the same kind of heat problems that earlier models had. Then I read on the 'net that the Elites didn't necessarily have the smaller more efficient (and therefore cooler) CPUs that were going to end the RRoD problems once and for all. Screwed again. Speaking of screwed, I also played Halo 3 all the way through on my Elite and well, it wasn't worth going out and buying another system for, that's for sure. It didn't make me any happier or wow me any more than Halo 2 (which I liked, to be fair) that's for sure.

Personally I blame these problems on an early launch. MS really rushed to get the 360 out early, because this was their big plan to get a jump on Sony and Nintendo. I guess it worked out badly because by rushing the system, they didn't allow themselves enough time to test their designs out under duress, and they didn't get the kinks all out of their design.

My PS3 is still working, nobody I know of has any problems with that. My Wii's working fine too, that thing is probably as solid as a brick. (Yeah, I have all the systems, don't want to miss any exclusives.) Next time, make sure you do the job right MS! Yeah I spend more than I should on video games (but at least I don't spend any on PCs or upgrades, I just have one box for browsing), but I ain't made out of money!

Speaking of which, does anyone think that MS would still accept returns for old RRoD 360's? I figured I might as well at least get mine fixed and sell it off to make back some of that money I spent on the Elite... I didn't do it in the first place just because I didn't want to have the same problem again with a system that broke in the first place, and also because I wanted to try Halo 3 finally and didn't really want to wait.

I've had two X360's (one Premium and one Elite) and both have worked just fine. And considering they are used for between 3-5hrs per day for the whole year, I'm pretty surprised that I haven't had any RROD!!