360 RROD Poll

0 Problems or RROD. I've had it for about 13 months now and i've even dropped it from about 2 feet (by accident of course)... wasn't too bad, but did knock the hard drive out... I was mortified when I did it...but it's still going very strong :)

Wow.

41 Multiples

47 Once

102 Flawless

That's a 46% or Neowin members that claim to have had one or more RRODs (poll is self-selecting, subject to fraudulant clicks, and not implemented in an accurate or scientific way)

Still, interesting, none-the-less.

Mines has had 1 RROD but I was given it that way with a voided warranty so I used the XClamp mod to fix it and it's been running fine since :)

Owned it now about 5 months

Original Model

It's a Core system but I plan to add the HDD at a later date :)

How many have you had?

1 RROD which was repaired in a few days with a copy of PGR3 and a months Live thrown in :)

How long have you owned your console?

Just over a year

Do you have the original design or the new Falcon 65nm core?

The Original

Is it a Core, Arcade, Pro, Elite, Halo, etc?

A Core :(

How many have you had? 1.

How long have you owned your console? One month, 15 days.

Do you have the original design or the new Falcon 65nm core? Original. Checking MS forum to see how I could tell the difference, it seems the label on the box was covered with a label that had less info. Checked the power brick and it's 203W.

Is it a Core, Arcade, Pro, Elite, Halo, etc? Elite

How many have you had?

1 RROD, still waiting to get it repaired (MS Support are on Holiday at the moment :( )

Australian Launch Console (March 06, 1 year 9 months)

Original

Premium System

How many have you had?

1 RROD where the console was swapped with a brand new one using EB's extended warranty

Since launch

The Original

A Pro

How many have you had?

1 RROD where the console was swapped with a brand new one using EB's extended warranty

Lucky you! I have an extended warranty with Harvey Norman, took the console back to them and they said they would replace it with a brand new one, but soon as we mentioned RROD was the problem they said the warranty doesn't cover it, contact MS (which we have, but they are on holiday so gotta wait for them to come back so we can send the dead console in)..I wish we got it through EB now :p at least they don't seem to give you the run around...

How many have you had? 1

How long have you owned your console? Since Jan 2006

Do you have the original design or the new Falcon 65nm core? Original

Is it a Core, Arcade, Pro, Elite, Halo, etc? Pro

System was built on Dec 2005 and 0 RROD.

I've had two 360's first one (Premium) from release date in the UK (End of November 05 sometime) and the 2nd one which is a Falcon unit (Pro) from 2 months ago, sold my original 360 to a mate and both are still working perfectly, never had any RROD problems!

I'm currently on my 3rd 360. My first one (bought 3rd December 2005) overheated after 2 weeks, but I got it back repaired in time for Christmas. It then broke 8 months later, where I got a new one from Microsoft. Then early on this year, I had to buy another one, which is the one I currently own. This wasn't due to the RRoD, but because the console was banned from Xbox Live ;)

I've owned my current one for about 7 months now.

I've got the original chip design.

It's a Pro one. I've got no plans to upgrade to the Elite.

2 Xbox 360s

1st one: Premium, sold when it was banned from XBL to a friend, bought dec 06 0 rrod and still working fine.

2nd one: Core, 1 RROD in sept 07, bought may 07, fixed with xclamp mod

Wow.

41 Multiples

47 Once

102 Flawless

That's a 46% or Neowin members that claim to have had one or more RRODs (poll is self-selecting, subject to fraudulant clicks, and not implemented in an accurate or scientific way)

Still, interesting, none-the-less.

Yeah. In the poll I linked to earlier, 42% of people were on their 2nd or more 360. If anyone ever thought the billion dollars MS put aside for this was a bit extreme, just take a look at those numbers and you can see that it will cost that much just to cover the RRODs.

No problems at all, have had mine since day 0 (launch day), after waiting 9 hours in the rain for it. Still loving it!!

Brother got one too about 4 months ago and no issues with his either.

Never had any issues with the original xbox either for that matter.

Had 1 RROD; returned it about a week later and got it back a week or so after that. Actually, I should say that I got back a different, refurbished model, but it was in mint condition anyway and had a quieter dvd drive (the one on my other 360 broke as well, at the same time, incidentally). I still think they should send you more than just a free month of xbox live for the time and effort.

As a side note, I wish it had happened after the HDMI 360s came out. I don't think its fair to the older customers to just suddenly include it with the system and offer little alternative besides the vga cables for everyone else.

Halo 3 Special Edition console given to my son for Christmas, already scratched a ring around a Rock Band disc. It was positioned horizontal, wasn't moved, bumped, or otherwise jarred neither while playing nor while turned off. I was in the room playing when it happened.

I have the original XBOX 360 Premium and the unit has no problems. I even have the HD-DVD add-on and watch numerous hi-def movies. We use the 360 for gaming, movies, streaming video and showing pictures etc from my PC.