360 RROD Poll

First 360 Elite from gamestop during the summer '07 RRODed. Exchanged it for another one and has worked flawless since - Though I must admit the Live trouble is frustrating.

Is microsoft using the 60 nm technology yet versus the 90 nm or whatever is on the first 360's? I remember them having plans to do so.

Just curious,

Who actually manufacture these Xbox 360? Seem like the problem is pretty wide-spread.

From what I've seen, most of the original 360's where built with a lot of foxcon parts - which is probably a large part of the problem right there - foxcon = crap.

Anyway:

Original release 360, bought about 2 months after they came out - Core edition with a HD added on later (all I could get!) RRODed on me - but I fixed it with 2 new fans and removing the x-clamp and replacing it with simple machine screws & nylon washers.

Looks like the issue with mine is that one of the fans actually died - and the working one just couldn't keep up with the cooling requirements.

I bought two normal 360's (both died RROD) and then bought an Elite which also died.

I bought a PS3 and never buying another Xbox again!

The 40GB PS3's come with 65nm chips. Runs Cooler and uses less power.

How many have you had? 1

How long have you owned your console? Since the day before Halo 3 came out

Do you have the original design or the new Falcon 65nm core? I consider Falcon 3rd gen, and mine to be 2nd gen. Motherboard has HDMI and larger GPU heat sink.

Is it a Core, Arcade, Pro, Elite, Halo, etc? Halo, was looking for a Pro with HDMI but no one had them yet in my City.

I have owned a Core console I bought a few weeks after the launch.

Besides the occasional freeze during gameplay, it's working like a charm.

My main problem is the controller: I tend to wear them away very quickly.

https://www.neowin.net/news/main/07/12/30/n...360-died-on-you

Those of you with (or without) problems please detail.

How many have you had?

How long have you owned your console?

Do you have the original design or the new Falcon 65nm core?

Is it a Core, Arcade, Pro, Elite, Halo, etc?

And please keep this discussion only to the effects of Xbox problems -- 360 vs PS3 vs Wii discussion or any other type of "platform bashing" will not be tolerated!

I have had a Core model since April of 2006, and I have not had any RROD related problems (had problems with

the drawer, but after I sat it down on its side, nothing since). This is the only one I have owned.

I bought one then traded it in for something Japanese i feel for all you that have one and its gone dead on you. About 70% of the guys at work have had there Xbox returned to be repaired.

2 RRoDs with the same (repaired) Xbox 360.

I've had my console since 26-August 06.

I believe I have the original design.

It's the Premium model.

It's still broken, actually it's been broken for a few months so far. I gave up on it when I got my new gaming PC so it's currently on my desk collecting dust. I'm not really bothered with calling Microsoft and dealing with them at the moment. :ermm:

I got my 360 on the UK launch day and its working (touch wood) however it does sound like a jumbo jet which is really annoying... even when I?ve just turned it on the fans just keep getting louder and louder.

I have had my console fomore than 2.5 yearsb>

The 360 has only just been out 2 years and 1 month ish, but i must admit it seams a lot longe;);)

On 2 consoles I'm actually sposed to get mine back tomorrow.

I've had the one that just died for under a year (got it from best buy after my old one died and I had a replacement plan)

Premium original design without HDMI

I have had 0 RROD

I have had mine since the end of August

It's the standard Premium pack.

My bruv had his for about a year before he got the RROD problem, sent it to MS and the sent it back within 2 weeks.

The only Gripe that I have had is that I sent the ?60 warranty/guarantee deely to MS when I got the console and have had nothing back so far. i really must chase that up.

I bought an Elite mid-November which had 2 RROD but still worked fine. Also it never turned on properly (would take 3-4 goes to turn on). As a result I took it back to the shop and received a new one as it had been less than a month.

Just to add:

Xbox no1: 28 days

Xbox no2: 9 days and counting

Falcon? I believe the first one was a Falcon, the second definitely is. Both manufactured in October.

Type? Elite

Just goes to prove the latest ones can go wrong too!

2x360's

1 thats ~2 years old (launch day) ... no freezes ... no problems

1 thats 1 year old ... no freezes ... no problems

my brother has a 360 for about 8 months no problems

and as for the fans... non of the 3 are "like jumbo jets" i mean you cna hear them if i mute the tv, but their not that loud lol

I have had no issues with mine, had it for a week now and it is an Elite, I have notice however that it is bloody noisy! By heck.

i got mine in feb 07 only issue i have had is unable to read disk every so often. That is until Thanksgiving. During Thanksgiving it would say disk unreadable every 30 mins. brought it in to Best Buy and traded it for a halo 3 edition and it hasnt had a problem since.

I must add though that ms is trying very hard to keep people as customers and offering great service for broken 360s(apart from being without it for 2 weeks).