360 RROD Poll

Had 3 die on me. When I called to get the 3rd replaced, I demanded to get a new one and not some crummy refurb. Been working ever since, 2 months and counting.. knock on wood.

My brother just got an Xbox 360 Arcade (Falcon 65 nm) as an early birthday/Christmas present on Dec 8th. No RRoD yet but he had the scratched disc problem the day after he received the console. He played Madden 08 the night he got the 360 and started to notice freezing while playing Practice Mode the next day. Game disc ended up being scratched, so I had to buy a SkipDR to repair it. He got Assassin's Creed for Christmas, which hasn't suffered from this problem. DVD movies & music CDs are fine as well.

Bought my 360 on launch night at GAME on Oxford Street. I remember being number 44 in the queue. It RROD'd on me two weeks ago and hasn't come back yet. I had begun to think mine was invincible.

Where the f00k is the poll? I am on my 5th 360, I have had a 360 since launch (before launch if it it necessary as I was part of the launch team (PGR3)) I have the original kind ... Pro version with the HD

We're now at 4 pages in, where;s the poll?

Actually own 2, (1 for 20 months, 1 for 8) both original hardware, both Pro's.

The older one's my regular box, it's RROD'd once after 10 months. (And despite all that's said, MS were faultless in repairing it, 5 minutes on the phone in total, 12 days till it came back, best support experience I've actually ever had) After that, both have been faultless.

Where the f00k is the poll? I am on my 5th 360, I have had a 360 since launch (before launch if it it necessary as I was part of the launch team (PGR3)) I have the original kind ... Pro version with the HD

We're now at 4 pages in, where;s the poll?

This may get deleted like my last post in this topic, but it's on the frontpage.

1 RROD. Totally deaded one day, out of the blue.

Was about 9 months into the unit (purchased March 2006) so took it back to shop, after speaking with Microsoft. Shop tried to back out of swapping it, but I threatened to stand at the door and firmly, but politely, tell the Christmas shoppers not to buy 360s, 'cos the store wouldn't support them. Fortunately, I outstared the shop guy there. (And I have sympathy, I used to work in the same store two years before!)

Replacement unit working fine. Still.

Bought my first console one year ago...(Premium, manufactured in Oct 2006)

RROD about six months ago - fixed it with X-Clamp replacement. This lasted until about two weeks ago, when it died for good.

Purchased new 360 - Arcade (Lot 742 2007 Falcon)...working fine so far except my HDMI was acting up a little bit yesterday.

Side note: I've seen some people claiming to have a falcon because they have the Halo edition. Not all Halo editions are 65nm - many are the Zephyr board with HDMI. The same goes to some of the earlier HDMI models. From what I recall, Lot 734 by team FDOU was the first to have Falcon. I looked for the latest lot number when purchasing. If you have the 175w power supply, it is a falcon, although mine shipped with the older 203w power supply and was as well.

I have 2

Owned the Pro from the day they were released.

Its the Original design, AFAIK

I have 1 Pro and 1 Elite.

No problems whatsoever with any of them :)

Edited by notnoisy

I've had one, waiting for my second to arrive

Lasted since Australia Launch day.. which was what? March 31st 2006? Died in early December.

It was a pro, original design.

How many have you had?4

How long have you owned your console?Got my first one Christmas last year

Do you have the original design or the new Falcon 65nm core? No idea

Is it a Core, Arcade, Pro, Elite, Halo, etc? Elite

I have had two Xbox 360s during the span of one year. Both consoles are/were the original design (not the Falcon). Both consoles are/were "Pro" or "Premium" units. The reason I am stating I had two consoles is because of the fact that one died with a constant RROD and was subsequently replaced by Microsoft. So far, the second unit has been working appropriately (knock on wood).

How many have you had? Two

How long have you owned your console? First console was about four months and the second console is about six months and still going (Had to do a drive replacement)

Do you have the original design or the new Falcon 65nm core? Original design

Is it a Core, Arcade, Pro, Elite, Halo, etc? Pro

Purchase: July 21, 2007

RROD: 1 (Nov 2007)

All is well with my new brand new one (I made where I purchased mine from exchange it for a brand new one, as i didnt feel like messing with M$ antics) :whistle:

I had a Premium 360 from launch that worked fine up until a few months ago when I sold it to my friend. Now I have an Elite that I bought in August, and that's been working fine too. Got lucky, I guess...lol.

Got our's for Xmas day (Falcon) but from reading the reviews I decided to play safe & stick it on end (Vertical) for better air flow & also rest the power supply on a shoe box with out the lid so it supports it but doesn't inhibit air flow! Paranoid maybe but I just wanted to make sure! :D

dont have one, will all the fear of RROD i just dont wnat to get one, sure we have microsoft panama but they dont support xbox and the almost NO warranty here, when microsoft fix all this, then i will get one.

UK launch console (core)

First RROD: Dec 2006 (started to notice artifacts in pgr3 menu couple of months before).

X-Clamp fix did not work.

I could get it to work for a couple of hours by changing the amount of pressure on the GPU, too little pressure or too much pressure would make it RROD.

Its now in the bin, where it belongs.