360 RROD Poll

BTW... What is the point of this poll if you put in a "I don't own a 360" option"

Isn't the point of the poll to find out how many people have had problems, or have not had problems.. that actually own a 360?

got an Elite a while back and it's still all good. I was hoping to get a 65nm one, hmm... i just got an idea :) Anyways, so i'll be crossing my fingers that everything is going ok. :) I had a premium back in the days and nothing happened to that one too after about 10 months of use. Worked like a champ.

i have had my original console and i have only ever had the RROD 1 time... the fix after i sent it off to get fixed seems to be doing the job.. it died just after its 1st year of warrenty was expired... thank the lord for the 3 yr :)

i'm on my 3rd console now... a little annoying how much time was lost from the sending / receiving process.

I almost wish they would fix this problem to a 1% error margin, and just REPLACE these consoles, rather then changing the motherboard when they "repair" them

https://www.neowin.net/news/main/07/12/30/n...360-died-on-you

Those of you with (or without) problems please detail.

How many have you had?

How long have you owned your console?

Do you have the original design or the new Falcon 65nm core?

Is it a Core, Arcade, Pro, Elite, Halo, etc?

I have an originally designed Pro which I got in Nov 06. It hasn't had any issues yet but my brothers one he got in Jan 07 had a RROD about a month ago. To be honest I'd rather mine died sooner rather than later. It seems innevitable it will one day keel over and I'd rather it happened while it was still covered.

I don't use it too heavily mind you.

I have the launch Premimum system and it red ringed 2 weeks ago. Will be attempting the X-clamp replacement tomorrow.

The overall design of the thing is a joke. A metal caging and the fans don't run after it's shut off. Looks nice on the outside, but when you rip it apart, you wonder what the hell they were thinking.

Bought mine January 06 (Dec 05 manufacture date). Been Flawless as of yet with moderate to heavy use. I guess technically it RROD'd on me once: the first time I put a game in, but that happened to be because through all my excitement of having actually found one, I had it sitting on the carpet...needless to say I took it off and haven't had any problems since.

-Spenser

on hold right now with xbox service submitting a waranty rapair for a disk drive failure, got a month to go on the waranty too!

original pro bundel

bout 11 months old now

man date nov 1, 06

I bought an Elite mid-November which had 2 RROD but still worked fine. Also it never turned on properly (would take 3-4 goes to turn on). As a result I took it back to the shop and received a new one as it had been less than a month.

I had a Dec. 2005 console...which I just used my Best Buy replacement plan on...not because of the RROD, but because the drive tray wouldn't open any more. Outside of that, no issues other than the occasional disc read error (which may have been to the disc drive problem).

I have the new 65nm Falcon series, manfu. date Dec. 2007. :D

This is my son's machine history.

How many have you had? Five

How long have you owned your console? The first or the fifth?

Do you have the original design or the new Falcon 65nm core? The first was an original

Although MS has given several games in exchange for the problems and down time, five machine failures seems to most people, to be an excessive failure rate.

My 360 has RRoD one time.

I had the first one since December of 2006 to July of 2007

No, my console was manufactured in Nov. 2006, whereas this new one is even older, being made a year earlier, 2005 in November.

1 RRoD

Since last Christmas. So about one year

Original

Pro

It was a couple days after I bought it. I was playing Gears of War and it just froze up and I could see some pink artifacts and it wouldn't respond to anything. So I had to hold the power button and it finally shut off and rebooted but only to the Red Ring of Death. Took it to the store I bought it at(MicroCenter) and they gave me a new one no problem.

Since I've had the new one I think it froze once but it didn't RR

How many have you had? 1 RROD (Sept 2007)

How long have you owned your console? Dec 2006

Do you have the original design or the new Falcon 65nm core? Original

Is it a Core, Arcade, Pro, Elite, Halo, etc? Pro

How many have you had? 0 RROD

How long have you owned your console? Sept 2007

Do you have the original design or the new Falcon 65nm core? Original

Is it a Core, Arcade, Pro, Elite, Halo, etc? Elite