Windows Vista Service Pack 1 RTM x86 leaked

I hope they release full ISO images of the integrated discs... I don't like the 'dirty' feeling of upgrading an RTM install. Maybe I'm just weird.

I'm just as weird as you then. But can't we just slipstream the SP through that V-Lite product? I could be wrong.

I think it was insanely idiotic for Microsoft to drop integration of Service Packs into Vista. Or maybe it was a result of, 'Oops not enough time to implement that feature, we must ship Vista now...'. :/

I'm just as weird as you then. But can't we just slipstream the SP through that V-Lite product? I could be wrong.

I have read this too, that you cannot integrate it using vlite. Is there a way around this? Like a manual integration method?

I have read this too, that you cannot integrate it using vlite. Is there a way around this? Like a manual integration method?

You can create your own setup disc based on your own, custom, SP1-installed wim. But that doesn't avoid the problem where you'll have to upgrade from the RTM build to SP1 before creating the image.

You can create your own setup disc based on your own, custom, SP1-installed wim. But that doesn't avoid the problem where you'll have to upgrade from the RTM build to SP1 before creating the image.

Damn, is there any reason why they had to destroy this feature for us? Integrating SP's into the CD/DVD's is a great idea and a massive time saver.

Please dont speak the truth? Okay, will do.. /fail

No one has been able to verify this as false or real. Do you work for MS or have some extra information please share it with us all.

I downloaded 6001_18000_X86_FRE_LONGHORN_RTM_080118_1840_WAVE0.IMG which contains the x86 standalone installer.

any thoughts?

Thats the same I have. Foldername: VISTA_SP1_FINAL_EN. Five languages.

Have u tried installing it?

The problem is that i already have Service Pack 1 but its one of them really old builds and it cant be uninstalled :(. I'm waiting for someone to verify this as real before installing Vista all over again.

The problem is that i already have Service Pack 1 but its one of them really old builds and it cant be uninstalled :( . I'm waiting for someone to verify this as real before installing Vista all over again.

I'm downloading it at the moment... i suppose if i get it installed it prooves its a SP1 build but we'll have to wait until MS officialy confirm the RTM build for full confirmation.

If you are so certain that this is not a fake as in previous posts then install it :).

*sigh* I'm only saying I dont know..

No one has been able to verify this as false or real.

just wait for MS to say its RTM'd, they will put it on their site for everyone when its out, dont think testers will get it first. better safe to have the actual final than a very near final build.

*sigh* I'm only saying I dont know..

Have u already got the file? I am still waiting but what does the readme say in the file? Could be proof......

Have u already got the file? I am still waiting but what does the readme say in the file? Could be proof......

Yeah, theres readmesp.htm witch starts with this:

This document provides general information that you should know before installing Windows Vista? Service Pack 1 (SP1). Both this document and the installation screens will guide you through the installation process.

You can use SP1 to update all editions of Windows Vista:

Windows Vista Starter

Windows Vista Home Basic

Windows Vista Home Premium

Windows Vista Business

Windows Vista Enterprise

Windows Vista Ultimate