Windows Vista Service Pack 1 RTM x86 leaked

it's not labelled RTM. it only has RTM in the filename - which is meaningless. you can rename the file to anything you like without affecting the digital signature.

except if you open, say ehshell.dll from the big cab file and look at the contents through notepad, your'll find "RTM" near the bottom where the build number is, compare with ehshell.dll from vanilla vista and the same section will be near the bottom but it'll say something like vista_ldr or something like that.

except if you open, say ehshell.dll from the big cab file and look at the contents through notepad, your'll find "RTM" near the bottom where the build number is, compare with ehshell.dll from vanilla vista and the same section will be near the bottom but it'll say something like vista_ldr or something like that.

ok you'll have to forgive my ignorance. why hasn't that been mentioned until now?

the fact that you can't slipstream this is very lame.....

same i would like to be able to slipstream my copy of vista & be able to vlite it

ok you'll have to forgive my ignorance. why hasn't that been mentioned until now?

because it only just occurred to me theres other places to look :)

spinstall.exe.mui also contains ( l o n g h o r n _ r t m . 0 8 0 1 1 8 - 1 8 4 0 )

& in the EULA there is this line at the bottom EULAID:VistaSP1_R1.0_Upgrade_RTL_en-US

now, does anyone know if RTL stands for RETAIL?

btw i'm still not going to install untill theres 100% confirmation on wtf is the correct rtm build all this 1840 & 2040 is annoying.

Edited by RanCorX2

ED#77 : Windows Vista Service Pack 1 Out Next Week!

If you have been waiting for Service Pack 1 for Windows Vista, well, you can now mark your calender. We just received word that Microsoft has scheduled Windows Vista Service Pack 1 for release to manufacturer (RTM) on Monday, February 4, 2008. That's just 3 days away! The OEMs will also receive Windows Vista Service Pack 1 during that week.

Microsoft will be deploying Service Pack 1 in two "waves". Wave 0, which is the one released on February 4, will only include five languages - English, French, Spanish, German and Japanese. The second wave, Wave 1, is scheduled for release 1-2 weeks later, and will cover all 36 basic languages, including Chinese.

Microsoft claims Windows Vista SP1 will provide key improvements on the security, performance and reliability of Windows Vista by providing :

? All previously released updates since RTM

? Performance and reliability improvements in core scenarios such as file copy, network browsing, and improved

response time to resume from sleep.

? Support for new types of hardware, and several emerging standards.

? There are improvements to the administration experience. One of the most important changes we?re making is that

BitLocker now supports encrypting for multiple volumes.

Of course, Service Pack 1 will also disable two common methods of hacking Windows Vista, namely the OEM BIOS exploit and the Grace Timer exploit.

http://www.techarp.com/showarticle.aspx?artno=505

So it should be on Connect soon then? Is there any known fixes between it and RC Refresh 2?

RTM versions won't be on Connect for any OS SP's.... just like WLMessenger final versions...

1? All previously released updates since RTM

2? Performance and reliability improvements in core scenarios such as file copy, network browsing, and improved

response time to resume from sleep.

3? Support for new types of hardware, and several emerging standards.

4? There are improvements to the administration experience. One of the most important changes we?re making is that

BitLocker now supports encrypting for multiple volumes.

5Of course, Service Pack 1 will also disable two common methods of hacking Windows Vista, namely the OEM BIOS exploit and the Grace Timer exploit.

1 - true

2 - file copying is faster, but on the whole - I don't feel any difference from Vanilla Vista

3 - maybe

4 - don't really use that feature

5 - BS! it DOES not disable any known activation workarounds

1 - true

2 - file copying is faster, but on the whole - I don't feel any difference from Vanilla Vista

3 - maybe

4 - don't really use that feature

5 - BS! it DOES not disable any known activation workarounds

vista prob wont add the protection till the rtm build like they did when vista rtm'd, there was no protection before it went rtm, but once it did people took about 1 month to get the timer crack out, same will probably happen for sp1 rtm.

Just as i thought... FAKE.

Microsoft will work on SP1 right up to the last minute before releasing IMO.

IF Vista SP1 is a flop, then Vista is a complete waist of time all together.

My guess is that alot of people will hold out for Windows 7.

or wait for sp2, i mean xp with sp1 it wasnt good for some but after sp2 everyone likes xp.

sweet, roll on monday! :)

Sorry to burst anyones bubble here but I have had Vista SP1 installed now for about a week or so. This actually came from the automatic updates portion of the connect website. There is no number after the SP1 so one would only assume that this is the final version of it.

the final build will come from Microsoft, if you don't want to waste tim downloading this file when it might not be then dont. If you want to test it and eventually find out then do it.

Even if this is final, i'll still format and install with the slipstreamed ISO once it's out from Microsoft.

the final build will come from Microsoft, if you don't want to waste tim downloading this file when it might not be then dont. If you want to test it and eventually find out then do it.

Even if this is final, i'll still format and install with the slipstreamed ISO once it's out from Microsoft.

^

What he said. ;)

No point jumping the gun on something as critical as a Service Pack.

Until the final bits appear on Microsoft's Connect website, I wouldn't trust any torrented 'releases'.

Anyway, my Vista RTM PC is working great, has been for over 12 months, so waiting another 4 days or even two weeks won't hurt.