Windows Vista Service Pack 1 RTM x86 leaked

Then you're missing out on the improvements made to it that make it a better operating system than XP.

Oh yes, I forgot that it has UAC, and lower performance, and more memory usage, and less compatibility.

You're quite right, it is an improvement over XP. Am I missing out? Not likely.

We have a winner

Source???? Otherwise you're just sprouting bs.

Oh yes, I forgot that it has UAC, and lower performance, and more memory usage, and less compatibility.

Source???? Otherwise you're just sprouting bs.

UAC can be turned off and yes it is technically a more reliable and secure OS than Windows XP.

Windows Vista can perform well on good hardware. I think the best way to avoid problems with Windows Vista is to perform a clean install, then install Service Pack 1 directly after.

Then why are you even in this thread? If you love using that eXPired operating system so much, go do so. The rest of us will live here in the present, not 6 years in the past.

i'm stoked what sp1 will bring to my machine to be honest. i didn't really follow all the jibbajabba and will download, install and see what happens :)

i'm stoked what sp1 will bring to my machine to be honest. i didn't really follow all the jibbajabba and will download, install and see what happens :)

I agree! From what I have seen in the release candidates I am very impressed with what an improvement SP1 contributes to Vista! I am keeping my fingers crossed that it will pop up on WU this week!

Windows Vista can perform well on good hardware. I think the best way to avoid problems with Windows Vista is to perform a clean install, then install Service Pack 1 directly after.

Or slipstreaming SP1 into the DVD :D

Or slipstreaming SP1 into the DVD :D

Thats what I want to do right there.

Is it to much to ask M$ to send all of us that bought Vista the day it came out a free copy of SP1 on DVD or CD?!!

Just kidding

Thats what I want to do right there.

Is it to much to ask M$ to send all of us that bought Vista the day it came out a free copy of SP1 on DVD or CD?!!

Just kidding

I believe they do send disks with the service pack on. They did with SP2 for XP, anyway.

so did I miss something a while back? are they not including a new kernel or does windows server 2008 not have kernel 6.1? I could've sworn they were going to put kernel 6.1 in vista sp1 as srv 2008 is supposed to have it?? or am I way behind?

It does have the newer kernel, even if they don't have the same version number. Win2k8 has many other new things besides the kernel that gives it the 6.1 version number.

Anyways, you guys can just wait another day or few hours to get the RTM via WU or d/l the full exe.

It hit RTM today but I guess we won't see it until next month:

Here's the timing for SP1 availability for current Windows Vista users:

* In mid-March, we will release Windows Vista SP1 to Windows Update (in English, French, Spanish, German and Japanese) and to the download center on microsoft.com. Customers who visit Windows Update can choose to install Service Pack 1. If Windows Update determines that the system has one of the drivers we know to be problematic, then Windows Update will not offer SP1. Since we know that some customers may want to update to SP1 anyhow, the download center will allow anyone who wants to install SP1 to do so.

* In mid-April, we will begin delivering Windows Vista SP1 to Windows Vista customers who have chosen to have updates downloaded automatically. That said, any system that Windows Update determines has a driver known to not update successfully will not get SP1 automatically. As updates for these drivers become available, they will be installed automatically by Windows Update, which will unblock these systems from getting Service Pack 1. The result is that more and more systems will automatically get SP1, but only when we are confident they will have a good experience.

* The remaining languages will RTM in April.

Windows Vista Team blog

It hit RTM today but I guess we won't see it until next month:

Windows Vista Team blog

Downloading the .exe is different from the WU info. you posted above. The .exe will be available weeks before it's available for automatic update.

Downloading the .exe is different from the WU info. you posted above. The .exe will be available weeks before it's available for automatic update.

yes. that's exactly what his post says. am i missing something? :unsure:

In mid-March, we will release Windows Vista SP1 to Windows Update (in English, French, Spanish, German and Japanese) and to the download center on microsoft.com.

;)