The Big Wrestling Thread!

Why did they move Finn Balor back to NXT?  Is he there to promote up and coming stars, or just to feud with a few there before they are moved to Raw/Smackdown?

17 hours ago, jamwheat said:

Why did they move Finn Balor back to NXT?  Is he there to promote up and coming stars, or just to feud with a few there before they are moved to Raw/Smackdown?

Haven't got a clue, but I'm not complaining; he's better suited in NXT, and it's now being treated as a third brand on the same level as Raw and SmackDown, so it makes sense to throw some star power their way.

• 2 weeks later...

NXT Worlds Collide was pretty good.    The womens title match was the weakest one I'd say but I think maybe there was a botch so things had to change on the fly?  I could be wrong though.

I must say, the royal rumble was very good overall.  They played it well and actually kept the narratives going.  

Spoiler

And dude, mad respect for Beth Phoenix, holy crap that hit to the back of the head.  I didn't think she'd go that long after that.

• 3 weeks later...

I can't speak to AEW but as far as WWE shows go, NXT has been on point and as of the new year even RAW has been better.  Smackdown still needs work but I think we're going to get there also.  The issue is the silly Saudi Arabia show screws things because it forces them to come up with fan "dream matches" that don't fit in with any of the current story lines they might have going.  They should move that show to a later date where they're a bit more free to book matches not between the rumble and mania.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, George P said:

I can't speak to AEW but as far as WWE shows go, NXT has been on point and as of the new year even RAW has been better.  Smackdown still needs work but I think we're going to get there also.  The issue is the silly Saudi Arabia show screws things because it forces them to come up with fan "dream matches" that don't fit in with any of the current story lines they might have going.  They should move that show to a later date where they're a bit more free to book matches not between the rumble and mania.

NXT is so strong at the moment for example tonight was TakeOver and every match on that show was at least 4.5/5 it's the only PPV I watch bar Mania/Rumble

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Damo R. said:

I am definitely not interested in a 2 night Mania and the fact its been recorded as well, should've postponed it

Can't really postpone it, though. You need to have the matches. Unless you're just not going to have new programming, which I'm sure USA and Fox would not have liked.

It shouldn't be called 'WrestleMania' though, just call it some special name, and hold WM later in the year.