• Sign in to Neowin Faster!

    Create an account on Neowin to contribute and support the site.

The Big Wrestling Thread!

Recommended Posts

George P    5,669

Don't know who's going to stay up and watch survivor series, my time zone doesn't help things.  But I'm in a minority who wants BayLey to win, I'm sure.

 

I think WWE needs to keep this 3 way brand rivalry bit going forever.  I also think these 3 way matches should actually be for titles.  They could do it like in boxing where one person can get belts from different associations, WBF, WBC etc.   

 

I know NXT is suppose to be the B league, so to say, but at this point I don't think so anymore, specially when stars are coming and going from the main shows.  WWE should just elevate it to a 3rd main show like RAW and SD.   Speaking of which, now that the redesigned the IC title, I think it's time they got rid of the, IMO, silly looking WC/UC titles.  Just make them pure RAW and SD titles at this point, just like the NXT title is. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
MightyJordan    7,905
Just now, George P said:

Don't know who's going to stay up and watch survivor series, my time zone doesn't help things. 

I stayed up for NXT last night, and I booked tomorrow off work for Survivor Series, so I'm gonna try and stay up again.

 

1 minute ago, George P said:

I know NXT is suppose to be the B league, so to say, but at this point I don't think so anymore, specially when stars are coming and going from the main shows.  WWE should just elevate it to a 3rd main show like RAW and SD.

For what it's worth, they're already calling it the 3rd brand in thier marketing:

 

The attitude is paying off as well, as this week's NXT beat AEW in the TV ratings for the first time.

 

There's a good visualisation of this week's head-to-head as well...

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
MightyJordan    7,905

 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
George P    5,669

Good, if only because they see it as their main AEW competition at this point.    I really believe the best thing they can do is keep this brand vs brand thing going for the big main PPVs.  And have more champion vs champion, winner take all.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
MightyJordan    7,905

Kylie Rae's finally commented on her AEW departure...

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
LOC    1,170
Spoiler

Hahaha, all those "dirt sheet" sites and even the legit wrestling news sites were ALL wrong basiclaly. "Oh no way NXT is going to win more than one match on the night!" AHAHAHAH! Not. The one I'm most shocked with is actually the Styles/Nakamura/Strong match. Totally expected Styles to win it, but nope, Strong won in a neat way I think. Overall, it was a great show. Not as good as Wargames imo but for a SS one of the best in a long, long time. Still getting used to seeing that woman's champion from NXT looking like she could rip people's heads off though. She legit looks like she could kill someone (kinda like Lesnar used to look before he got "fat" and lazy-ish) and she looked great over the last 2 nights. Impressed with a lot of the NXT talent to be honest, they really stole the weekend I think. Adam Cole looks like gold (BAY BAY) and hell, they even protected Daniel Bryan in his match for the most part.


However, Brock Lesnar can go ###### off and go hunting for the rest of his life. I can't stand him anymore. I mean the match itself with Rey wasn't bad per se, but the fact they had Dominick come in and help Rey (though to be fair I thought he'd turn on Rey) and they hit pipes on him and double frog splashes etc and Lesnar still won - no. NO. I am almost at the point where I literally hate his character now. BECAUSE HE HAS NO CHARACTER.

 

Sorry, rant over. :(

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
George P    5,669
2 hours ago, LOC said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Hahaha, all those "dirt sheet" sites and even the legit wrestling news sites were ALL wrong basiclaly. "Oh no way NXT is going to win more than one match on the night!" AHAHAHAH! Not. The one I'm most shocked with is actually the Styles/Nakamura/Strong match. Totally expected Styles to win it, but nope, Strong won in a neat way I think. Overall, it was a great show. Not as good as Wargames imo but for a SS one of the best in a long, long time. Still getting used to seeing that woman's champion from NXT looking like she could rip people's heads off though. She legit looks like she could kill someone (kinda like Lesnar used to look before he got "fat" and lazy-ish) and she looked great over the last 2 nights. Impressed with a lot of the NXT talent to be honest, they really stole the weekend I think. Adam Cole looks like gold (BAY BAY) and hell, they even protected Daniel Bryan in his match for the most part.


However, Brock Lesnar can go ###### off and go hunting for the rest of his life. I can't stand him anymore. I mean the match itself with Rey wasn't bad per se, but the fact they had Dominick come in and help Rey (though to be fair I thought he'd turn on Rey) and they hit pipes on him and double frog splashes etc and Lesnar still won - no. NO. I am almost at the point where I literally hate his character now. BECAUSE HE HAS NO CHARACTER.

 

Sorry, rant over. :(

 

Spoiler

This is very interesting, huge push for NXT but I think I can see why.  WWE wants to get more people watching it to better fight off AEW,  having them win some big matches will get people who might only have been following RAW/SD to tune in now I bet.

 

On the other hand I hope this means we'll keep this brand vs brand fighting going on forever.  Like I posted above, I wanna see more champion vs champion winner take all fights.   On that note, I really wanted Bayley to win, shame though maybe with Bazeler winning we're going to keep this 3 way heat going?  

 

Or this could be a one off like I said, just to push NXT for now and we go back to the status quo again.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Megan Wright    232

i have said this in a longtime but i liked a ppv of wwe(not counting nxt takeovers, i love those). I liked survivor series. Almost everyone did a good job

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
MightyJordan    7,905

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
MightyJordan    7,905

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
LOC    1,170
Spoiler

Two things about RAW so far:

 

1. Full on heel Rollins is funny af especially that opening segment

 

2. When the hell did Orton become a face again, helping Rey win the US title from Styles? And I hope that means Styles is going into the title picture because that's ######. Rey loses to Brock last night, but beats Styles for the US title tonight? Lame. Like I said I hope that means Styles is going to be the next Lesnar opponent (I hope he destroys Lesnar to boot)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
George P    5,669
5 hours ago, LOC said:
  Hide contents

Two things about RAW so far:

 

1. Full on heel Rollins is funny af especially that opening segment

 

2. When the hell did Orton become a face again, helping Rey win the US title from Styles? And I hope that means Styles is going into the title picture because that's ######. Rey loses to Brock last night, but beats Styles for the US title tonight? Lame. Like I said I hope that means Styles is going to be the next Lesnar opponent (I hope he destroys Lesnar to boot)

 

Spoiler

Doesn't Orton interfering with the match just go back to them interfering in his match before?  So isn't it just payback which looks to actually set up Orton vs AJ next?  I think it was a easy way to give Rey the win but also not have to worry about a rematch with AJ.  

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
LOC    1,170
5 hours ago, George P said:
  Hide contents

Doesn't Orton interfering with the match just go back to them interfering in his match before?  So isn't it just payback which looks to actually set up Orton vs AJ next?  I think it was a easy way to give Rey the win but also not have to worry about a rematch with AJ.  

 

Do we still gotta use spoiler tags for the show now that it's about 12 hours later?

 

In any event you could be right but in the end I shouldn't  give WWE any credit for main roster creative such as turning someone heel or face and going through with it as a crowd might react to it as such. Same thing as making Rhea Ripley look like a million bucks over the past weekend. WWE will screw that up I'm sure. Though for all the people "online" complaining that Walter got eliminated by Drew with a single claymore kick, need to realize that while Drew is horribly booked at the moment (and being wasted yet again imo) his finisher is currently one of the most protected moves in the company. I think I saw someplace say that either no one, or literally like one or two guys have kicked out of the claymore kick at this point. But again, WWE will screw that up also I bet lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
+Human.Online    8,690
5 minutes ago, LOC said:

Do we still gotta use spoiler tags for the show now that it's about 12 hours later?

Time zones imply that most UK viewers won't watch it until tonight.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
George P    5,669

No doubt that WWE can screw things up but who knows?   Only time will tell if things change now that AEW is around or if that will only apply to NXT getting more of a push while RAW and SD still end up a mess again.

 

Though I thought last nights RAW was a good one coming off of SS, so hey, maybe things are looking up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
MightyJordan    7,905

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
MightyJordan    7,905

 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
MightyJordan    7,905

I'm only about 20 minutes into Impact's IPWF episode, but it's already a winner, thanks to Sami:

 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
MightyJordan    7,905

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
MightyJordan    7,905

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
LOC    1,170

You can tell that Keith Lee is going to be called up the main roster soon enough, and that Vince will as always for a big guy, have a huge hard on for him. Which is fine because Keith Lee seems like a total badass and the crowds love him. I just hope they don't drop the ball with him (which let's be clear, they don't have the best record for NXT call ups now do they lol) But now that they are doing this brand supremacy thingy, and all 3 brands are mixing it up, I'd guess his call up to RAW/SD might be delayed while NXT is involved in everything. Until that slows down or stops, he might stay with NXT.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
George P    5,669
3 hours ago, LOC said:

You can tell that Keith Lee is going to be called up the main roster soon enough, and that Vince will as always for a big guy, have a huge hard on for him. Which is fine because Keith Lee seems like a total badass and the crowds love him. I just hope they don't drop the ball with him (which let's be clear, they don't have the best record for NXT call ups now do they lol) But now that they are doing this brand supremacy thingy, and all 3 brands are mixing it up, I'd guess his call up to RAW/SD might be delayed while NXT is involved in everything. Until that slows down or stops, he might stay with NXT.

With the brand thing is it really a rush to move people "up" from NXT to RAW/SD anymore?   I can see them moving people up and down between RAW/SD and NXT to move some story lines along.  Specially for future big PPVs if they do what they did with SS again, which I think they will.

 

Someone else they're probably ready to move is Baezler, probably to RAW to get a fight going with Lynch since she's already beat Bayley on SD in that SS match.  I expect her to drop the NXT title to Ripley. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
LOC    1,170

Oh I think they are setting up Bayzler (I have no idea how to spell that without looking it up, and I'm lazy, sorry!) and Rousey. I don't remember if they were together with the 4 Horsewomen thing or not, but Bayzler vs Rousey is a money match no matter how you slice it. Two former MMA badasses, two highly protected talents, one of which is currently in a huge push as an unstoppable force still. The other is probably returning soon-ish (rumor was at SS, but that didn't happen).

 

I feel sorry for Bayley to be honest. She's constantly like this 3rd wheel in all these stories. And she's still so good in the ring, and she finally turned heel and she's quite good at it but WWE isn't giving it a chance with all this brand stuff going on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
George P    5,669
3 hours ago, LOC said:

Oh I think they are setting up Bayzler (I have no idea how to spell that without looking it up, and I'm lazy, sorry!) and Rousey. I don't remember if they were together with the 4 Horsewomen thing or not, but Bayzler vs Rousey is a money match no matter how you slice it. Two former MMA badasses, two highly protected talents, one of which is currently in a huge push as an unstoppable force still. The other is probably returning soon-ish (rumor was at SS, but that didn't happen).

 

I feel sorry for Bayley to be honest. She's constantly like this 3rd wheel in all these stories. And she's still so good in the ring, and she finally turned heel and she's quite good at it but WWE isn't giving it a chance with all this brand stuff going on.

That's interesting, but it depends on when Rousey returns, unless she doesn't?   Either way Baezler isn't going to stay in NXT for too long it looks like.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
MightyJordan    7,905

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.