• Sign in to Neowin Faster!

Create an account on Neowin to contribute and support the site.

Sign in to follow this  

The Big Wrestling Thread!

Damo R.    29,672
51 minutes ago, episode said:

Can't really postpone it, though. You need to have the matches. Unless you're just not going to have new programming, which I'm sure USA and Fox would not have liked.

It shouldn't be called 'WrestleMania' though, just call it some special name, and hold WM later in the year.

Yeah I agree, I wouldn't be against a Summer Wrestlemania, open air would be epic

cmcgregor80    2
Posted (edited)

I haven't watched WWE in quite a long time (since I found out about the US military troops drugging and raping Ashley and Vince did nothing about it), but being quarentined and bored I decided to watch the ppv on my free iptv app and holy crap what a cringe fest. Why wasn't this just cancelled and rescheduled. I get its about money loss but if I didn't stop watching wwe before, this train wreck trash would have stopped me for sure. The no crowd thing was kinda tolerable, i guess if i watched recently i would have gotten used to it but the matches themselves looked like they were setup by a high school drama student. If i actually paid for this i would be so upset.

+Human.Online    9,000

Having watched both nights - there were some "Well a match happened and that's that" parts, but I actually (against my preconceived ideas) really enjoyed it.

It was silly, it was different, there was some good in-ring action and good in-ring story telling, the correct belts changed hands.  Was it the best Mania ever? Lord no.  But did they take a risk and it seems to have paid off?  Totally!

spacelordmaster    132

WWE is really becoming a boring circus. Did you guys see The Undertaker at Wrestlemania 36? Dressed up like The American Bad Ass? Seriously? 

I thought they had forgotten about that stupid gimmick years ago? That is not The Undertaker. That stupid Biker gimmick just doesn’t do it. There is no mystery to it. No eerie sense. He really needs to hang up the boots already if he is going to continue with that. Just my two cents.

+jamwheat    211

On the WWE "News" section:

"WWE has come to terms on the release of Kurt Angle, Rusev (Miroslav Barnyashev), Drake Maverick (James Curtin), Zack Ryder (Matthew Cardona), Curt Hawkins (Brian Myers), Karl Anderson (Chad Allegra), Luke Gallows (Drew Hankinson), Heath Slater (Heath Miller), Eric Young (Jeremy Fritz), Rowan (Joseph Ruud), Sarah Logan (Sarah Rowe), No Way Jose (Levis Valenzuela), Mike Chioda, Mike Kanellis (Mike Bennett), Maria Kanellis, EC3 (Michael Hutter), Aiden English (Matthew Rehwoldt), Lio Rush (Lionel Green), Primo (Edwin Colon) and Epico (Orlando Colon Nieves). We wish them all the best in their future endeavors."

timster    1,464

You still need to make an account, and currently the free content is limited to the following:

WrestleMania 31 to 35
Last 5 Backlash PPVs
Raw: 2nd March to 27th April
Smackdown: 6th March to 1st May
NXT: 4th March to 29th April
Takeover: New Orleans to Portland
Monday Night War series
Total Divas S1 to S9
Total Bellas S1 to S4
Royal Rumble 2019 and 2015
All Episodes of Ride Along
All episodes of The Bump
All Episodes of Table for 3
All Episodes of Best of WWE
Season 1 of Miz and Mrs.

Edit: also Backlash 2003

source for listing of free content: https://www.reddit.com/r/SquaredCircle/comments/gukaau/wwe_launches_free_version_of_streaming_network/fsj1mj2/