The Big Wrestling Thread!

Does this mean The Undertaker will regain his title?

Yeah probably, but I read recently WWE preferred Edge as a champion which is awful.

I guess we'll have to wait and see who gets it but I'm sick and tired of Edge to be honest. It's time to put some new high-end superstars in the WWE. Times like the old days.

I was hoping for all the brands to be merged. I just want that to happen so bad!

I don't, I still like the RAW, ECW and SmackDown difference.

The 1 million thing is cool but it shows that WWE went the wrong way. They need to give something back to us, the viewers, in order to get their "authority" back. That's the main thing which interests me. Is WWE going to take care of their line-ups again like they used to or will their only be a give-away to return to the old, boring storylines accepted by no one?

I was hoping for all the brands to be merged. I just want that to happen so bad!

The reason for the brand split (RAW & Smackdown) was to give the wrestlers less time during the year. Less wrestling translates to less injuries, and less burn out. ECW came later, but is still a brand unto itself, but the wrestlers are shared with Smackdown since they are taped the same night.

I don't know if anyone here has seen this yet, but WWE.com has got up a list of the Top 25 Most Annoying Gimmicks. There's quite a few weird ones on there that I've never even heard of, and I though I saw them all with the Blue Blazer, and the Gobbledy Gooker! :D

What ever happened to the WWE telling The Undertaker that he will be given a long title reign for the first time in his career, before he retires? :huh:

It's seriously getting to the stage where it isn't as fun to watch anymore. I really think that radical "Attitude Era-esk" changes are necessary in order to gain fan interest and respect. The problem is, the WWE are not in any sort of threat of going out of business like when WCW was on a high. I can't see TNA ever reaching these highs even with big name signings like Kurt Angle, Booker T, Sting etc. The problem with TNA is that it seems if you were in the WWE for a long time, you are automatically a main eventer. Christian was good, but not that good, and Tyson Tomko? Come on!

There are rumours going around that WWE want to create a new heel stable with Ted DiBiase, Jr., Afa, Jr., DH Smith, Cody Rhodes (who would turn heel), and maybe Carlito as the mouthpiece if they don't get a manager, but I think they need bigger names in a stable. The DX reunion was never going to work with HHH and HBK just doing babyface comedy work. At it's best DX was a heel stable with more than 2 members. Evolution has run it's course and a nWo reunion just will not work again! However, a new invasion angle if done properly could definately generate interest! Don't use the nWo name, totally different group, but it could work.

Do they really think fans want to see a trilogy of the same match?

ECW wasn't bad at all but the Big Show is one of the most pointless wrestlers ever he just gets in a ring causes carnage and then leaves...

I was at the Smackdown taping last night, and the fan did get to the wrestlers. He was in the section next to me in the lower tier getting pretty drunk. He hopped down and ran by the ramp right to the ring. I'm pretty sure he hit either Hawkins or Ryder in the back or the back of the head. Bam Neeley then hit the guy pretty hard before security got there.

Additional sources confirms the above sequence of events, so the previous report that the fan didn't get to the wrestlers, was incorrect.

Good on him its about time someone attacks la familia :D

Good on him its about time someone attacks la familia :D

Indeed though I rather see Undertaker take care of it. I purchased Smackdown vs Raw 2008 today just to get back to those old days. Now I make up my own story. :laugh:

If you guys want a free wrestling booking simulator try out EWR 4.2, it takes a while to book shows but at least you can make it more exciting thatn the current shows. I'm current drawing 4.5 ratings and Christian is the champ. :laugh:

I hate the controls on xbox360. Have you found how you block a move? ( Yes, I played on Xbox before but I'm happier with the PS3 version. )

Smackdown yesterday was okay. Especially the Cutting Edge was great with yet again a revenge from the Undertaker. I hope after sunday their rivalry will end - it's getting too long - but before that he should hurt Vickie badly.

I win alot on the game but one thing I can't work out is a) how to get up quicker...yes tap buttons but what bloody buttons! and b) climbing a ladder is tedious.

I'm nervous for tonight - even though it's yet another repeat of the previous PPV - and I can't see the results until tomorrow (actually today if I look at the clock) evening.

No! No!

The Undertaker can't be gone. I don't care for the title, I'd rather have destroy the whole familia but please, please don't let him retire.

I hated that last match but loved everything up to it, Randy nearly attacking a fan pretty much made the night then that crap happened.