F1 World Championship 2008 Thread

Yeah same here. I liked more teams on the grid and I really liked Takuma Sato. Brilliant driver!

Anyways... Prodrive or whatever the company is called is supposed to have a team for next season and I suppose someone will replace Super Aguri. So we can expect 2 more teams on the grid next season right?

Neowin should sponsor Super Aguri :D

You think I joke?! ... might be a possible idea. Neowin.net/Stardock.com Super Aguri , just need to raise 60,000,000usd ...

Hell i'd be willing to find 10,000 my self.

The changes made in F1 as stated before are not bringing down costs.

While teams are no longer allowed to buy a car and mod it, they have to make one from scratch. With all these recent law changes such as new wings and KERS, it's only going to cost money, money which the smaller teams do not have.

The qualifying results notwithstanding I expect a Ferrari 1-2 in tomorrow's race. The red cars still have the edge over the others when it comes to race pace. Behind them there should be a close battle between the McLarens, the BMWs, Alonso and Webber. Should be an interesting race.

Btw, does anyone have contacts to a rain god? Some rain 30 minutes into the race would makes things even more exciting.

A Ferrari 1-2 depends on Raikkonen's start. If he hasn't passed the McLaren's by the end of the first lap, it'll be tough for him. Likewise, the McLaren's will want to take Massa on lap 1 so they can then control the race.

This is entirely possible and Ferrari will be worried about having two McLarens between them. The Ferrari doesn't heat up it's tyres quickly, especially at low temperatures, whereas the McLaren heats the tyres up quickly. So if the temperatures are the same as practice and qualifying, McLaren may have the advantage for the first 5 laps or so.

And in this mornings GP2 Race, Bruno Senna hits a stray dog totaling his left front and his front wing. And obviously the dog is killed.

2 dogs got onto the track causing a Safety Car, one that Senna hit and another one that was running around which eventually ran into a marshals flag post area.

I wonder if it will happen in the F1 race as well. :whistle: Bernie won't be too happy. (he owns the track as well)

poor dog, and the idiots showed part of the crash on TV :crazy:

by the way the track is situated waay far from Istanbul, sort of between nowhere, so I guess they should've protected the area better from animals.

Edited by backdrifter

Ouch... Reminds me of that video of a marshal getting hit by an F1 car. :( In that instance the driver was killed too, IIRC.

Brilliant race. :D Lots of action and McLaren looked to be able to match Ferrari on pace. Judging by Lewis' pace on the hard tyres, I think they could have taken the win if they had been able to run a 2 stop strategy. Shame Heikki had his tyre punctured by Raikkonen, but he did a good job of working his way through.

Good race! Heikki did a great job despite his accident on the first lap. Lewis was great too. It's shame McLaren not as fast as Ferrari. But I hope this will change in two weeks. :D

Neowin should sponsor Super Aguri :D

You think I joke?! ... might be a possible idea. Neowin.net/Stardock.com Super Aguri , just need to raise 60,000,000usd ...

Hell i'd be willing to find 10,000 my self.

Heck if i had chance to buy/use F1 team then im in 10,000,000 from me! (if i had it)

if that goes on this way massa will lead the championship after the next 2 or 3 races. :D

I highly doubt Massa will be leading after 2 or 3 more races. He lacks consistency and the ability to race wheel to wheel (look at his poor defence of Hamilton's move). He is IMO, the most overrated driver there.

why should he have defended hami who was clearly on a 3 stop strategy? even his pitcrew informed him over radio there is no worry to let hami pass?

for me he is the most underrated driver there. even if he wins criticism is very high. :o

why should he have defended hami who was clearly on a 3 stop strategy? even his pitcrew informed him over radio there is no worry to let hami pass?

for me he is the most underrated driver there. even if he wins criticism is very high. :o

They didn't tell him to let Hamilton pass, they told him not to worry if he got pass. He still tried to defend and made a mess of it - he held the inside line (good) then switched to the outside at the last second (bad) and went too deep (bad). He assumed Hamilton was going to go to the outside at the last second, but why would he do that on a left-right-left sequence? The only way it would have worked would have been if Hamilton had done the same as Massa at Malaysia last year - pulled two moves when one was all that was needed.

He gets criticised for winning because he only does it at specific tracks. He needs to consistently fight for the win at every race (not just at Bahrain, Turkey and Interlagos) and keep his cool when in wheel-to-wheel action.