F1 World Championship 2008 Thread

Great qualify! Nice to see someone else in poll for once, and button actually getting into Q3 was great - look forward to future improvements!

I hate hamilton, what a baby he is. I also hate the ITV F1 commentators not its all hamilton, i think they forget there are 21 other drivers and 3 other brits. I dont bother with the prerace stuff now too much hamilton.

Alonso at Ferrari next year with Kimi will dominate F1 only 2 really good drivers in F1.

Great race for Massa, Raikkonen and Kubica. Fantastic results for BMW 3rd and 4th. Another good finish for Trulli and the Toyota team.

Edited by CrashGordon

I hope they investigate the Alonso-Hamilton incident. It's a flat-out exit. Even if the Renault was the slowest accelerating car there (which it isn't) and the McLaren the fastest (which it definitely isn't with their out-of-corner traction problems), Lewis couldn't close in on the Renault that quickly. So Alonso (who was also off-line) had to lift or hit the brakes. The question is was it deliberate or was their some other reason.

It annoys me that things are only investigated if someone complains, especially in incidents like this.

All in all, a far better race than Malaysia. Kubica did well again. McLaren need to solve their rear-wheel traction problems.

On a side note, James Allen has driven me nuts the last few races. Talking as if there are 3 races to go and it's only between Raikkonen and Hamilton...

Ferrari would be more interesting if they'd allow their drivers to overtake on track too, rather than just using the pit lane.

Ferrari would be more interesting if they'd allow their drivers to overtake on track too, rather than just using the pit lane.

it's not massas fault if his teammate sucks all the time ... :D :laugh:

I also hate the ITV F1 commentators not its all hamilton, i think they forget there are 21 other drivers and 3 other brits. I dont bother with the prerace stuff now too much hamilton.

Agree 100% (Y)

I cannot stand the media wankfest over him either.

I cannot stand the media wankfest over him either.

One thing I'll point out (as another forum just uses Allen as an excuse to bash Lewis), is that before Lewis, all we heard about was Raikkonen and before that, Schumacher.

The most annoying part about Allen is the things like "Lewis is in damage limitation mode today, starting from 3rd...". What the hell? What's wrong with 3rd? Surely Raikkonen's championship hopes had disintegrated for starting in fourth? Then in the race "Lewis' championship hopes are dropping away..." (something like that). Doesn't James Allen realise there are still another 15 races to go!

Don't get me wrong, I like Lewis, but Allen's over exaggeration at every little mistake and constant talking about Lewis is getting extremely annoying.

Regards the Lewis-Alonso incident, Renault have apparently released telemetry showing Alonso didn't stop accelerating. I've now looked at a video of it on YouTube (won't post a link as they get removed quickly).

I think Alonso came slightly wide out of the corner (some videos show it better than others, but his rear right was over the kurb) and then, going slower, was able to pull right over the slightly off-camber right-hand turn to defend against Hamilton. Meanwhile Hamilton also tried to pull right to get a run up the inside, but was unable to turn as much as he wanted (due to the physics of the off-camber turn) and hit Alonso. If you look at the video, Lewis seems to be steering right quite hard for the turn.

Edited by Fourjays

Quick reminder for those who's competing in McLaren GP League. It's a transfer time till April 25th. Now you can change your teams and drivers.

Oh, and take a look at number one spot in our mini league. :p

Quick reminder for those who's competing in McLaren GP League. It's a transfer time till April 25th. Now you can change your teams and drivers.

Oh, and take a look at number one spot in our mini league. :p

Thanks. I made one driver change.

news of the world have hosted the sex video of max moseley online :p

lol- boy is he gonna be pi$$ed off... its just a matter of time before he gets sacked as FIA president.