F1 World Championship 2008 Thread

He gets criticised for winning because he only does it at specific tracks. He needs to consistently fight for the win at every race (not just at Bahrain, Turkey and Interlagos) and keep his cool when in wheel-to-wheel action.

there you have it. 50% done, 50% tomorrow. he will do what every driver since 2004 has done when starting from p1. :rofl:

there you have it. 50% done, 50% tomorrow. he will do what every driver since 2004 has done when starting from p1. :rofl:

There is a very high chance of a wet race so not necessarily. One tiny mistake and he is out... taking everyone else with him in the ensuing chaos. :rofl:

If he wins tomorrow it still doesn't put him up there as major contender for me. When he has won at many more tracks and fights wheel to wheel for them, then I'll start to take him seriously.

Hami has been saying on formula1.com articles he isn't disappointed much, so I'm hoping they are running heavy.

Also, http://www.itv-f1.com/news_article.aspx?id=42760

McLaren boss Ron Dennis believes his team can still challenge for victory in Monaco despite failing to get either of its cars on the front row of the grid.

The Woking squad had set the pace through much of practice but Ferrari turned the tables in qualifying, relegating Lewis Hamilton and Heikki Kovalainen to the second row.

Hamilton only missed out on pole by 0.052s, however, and Dennis believes McLaren still has a real chance of victory at a track where it has a much stronger recent record than its arch-rival.

Great race. :D

Hitting the barrier was probably a good thing for Lewis in the end, giving him that strategy. Kubica drove a faultless race and deserves the 2nd place.

Lewis is leading the championship. :D :D :D

I really feel for Adrian Sutil, he ran a faultless race and was focussed on his racing, but a stupid mistake by Kimi Raikonnen blew it for him. In hindsight though, Kimi was pushing his car to overtake him but he was too careless and impatient. I also suspect that his tyres were still low on grip and he should have taken another lap before trying to overtake Sutil.

Scirwode

totally impressed by felipe massa today. 2 seconds faster than anybody else in the wet, made a little mistake which gave kubica the lead, but then pushed very hard and got in front of kubica again. he couldnt do more to win the race. norbert haug (mercede race-boss) just confirmed in the interview that hamiltons mistake saved them the win.

Raikonnen ruined everything for Sutil. Totally irresponsible. That patch is known for mishaps and he should have waited to get good grips after the SC went.

I really feel for Adrian Sutil, he ran a faultless race and was focussed on his racing, but a stupid mistake by Kimi Raikonnen blew it for him. In hindsight though, Kimi was pushing his car to overtake him but he was too careless and impatient. I also suspect that his tyres were still low on grip and he should have taken another lap before trying to overtake Sutil.

Scirwode

Being an Indian makes me even more ****ed off at the incident. What the hell was Raikonnen thinking? He is an experienced driver?

Raikonnen ruined everything for Sutil. Totally irresponsible. That patch is known for mishaps and he should have waited to get good grips after the SC went.

Yeah totally. Is the incident being investigated?

Yeah totally. Is the incident being investigated?

It was and they decided to take no action. As sad as it is, it's just one of those things. Raikkonen's rear wheels locked up as he hit the brakes (because they were so cool from the SC) and the car went out of control. I'm not a fan of Raikkonen by a long shot, but it wasn't something he could do anything about.

What a track for the first wet race of the season. Exciting race.

Unfortunate for Sutil and the Force India team. Him and the team should have scored some well deserved points. It was just one of those "racing incidents" though. It's not like Kimi was trying some crazy kamikaze move, he lost control and ran into Sutil. I'm sure that he would've preferred not to hit him.

Good drive again by Kubica.

A early mistake by Hamilton actually won him the race by being able to change the pit stop strategy.

On to Canada...

niki lauda suspected that raikkonen drank a bit too much the evening before. and having seen the race and the crash with sutil - he exactly drove like that :laugh:

first time ever, i am totally ****ed off on Kimi... WHAT THE **** was he THINKING? if i was sutil , i would had changed his face into blue blop.

Can't Raikonnen be penalised for that idiocy he displayed when going into Sutil? He left unscathed due to braking too early, and Sutil who was innocent had to concede 4th place and couldn't even finish the race.

On other notes, Kubica seemed really on form and seems to be gathering some momentum whereas Massa seems to be less agressive. But all great credit to Hamilton, great forward thinking tactics by Mclaren and he pushed that car right to the limit during the middle stint.