Acid 3 - The Web Browsers Test

is it me or does firefox 3.6 beta 4 get only 91/100? 3.5 final got 93/100, why is it getting lower? :(

Opera 10.10 gets 100/100 btw.

It's still better than IE8.... 12/100 !!!

First, way to necro a 6-month old thread. :)

Second, how reliable is an ACID test if the same browser gets different results not only for different users but also the same browser on the same machine? :) I've gotten anywhere from 50 - 96 out of 100 on Firefox 3.5.

I didn't know Chrome, Opera, and Safari achieved 100/100 on the Acid3 test. All that's left is Firefox and Internet Explorer.

First, way to necro a 6-month old thread. :)

Second, how reliable is an ACID test if the same browser gets different results not only for different users but also the same browser on the same machine? :) I've gotten anywhere from 50 - 96 out of 100 on Firefox 3.5.

The score's very consistent, if it's run "properly" (that is, run the test so the browser can cache it all, then reload the test)

Firefox will vary by a point or so sometimes, because every so often it hits a deep bug that causes a test to fail. But it shouldn't be varying by 40 points.

Edit: All that's really left in Firefox is a fuller implementation of SMIL, and an SVG font implementation. Unfortunately the Acid3 test only tests if the font is loaded, and not if it's rendered properly, so Safari's lame SVG font implementation still gets a full passing mark.

Second, how reliable is an ACID test if the same browser gets different results not only for different users but also the same browser on the same machine?

+1

is it me or does firefox 3.6 beta 4 get only 91/100? 3.5 final got 93/100, why is it getting lower? :(

Must just be you. I get 94 in both beta 3 and beta 4.

My 3.5 gets the expected 93.

I just realised I haven't checked the nightlies score for a while (since they first landed the brand spanking new parser)

Screen%20shot%202009-11-27%20at%2011.40.58%20AM.png

The only thing that's left is SVG fonts, which should be coming with 3.7 (I hope they're better than what Safari can do, but that's not that hard)

Must just be you. I get 94 in both beta 3 and beta 4.

My 3.5 gets the expected 93.

If you're using 3.6 Beta 4 or newer you should be getting 94. If not possibly an extension, add-on, greasemonkey script, etc., is interfering with it. Try opening Firefox in Safe Mode

If you're using 3.6 Beta 4 or newer you should be getting 94. If not possibly an extension, add-on, greasemonkey script, etc., is interfering with it. Try opening Firefox in Safe Mode

I'm getting "only" 92 in 3.6 Beta 4, and I have only the Adblock Plus extension installed.