Acid 3 - The Web Browsers Test

Firefox 3.02 still gets 71/100

Of course it will, 0.0.* releases are security/major regressions only.

3.1 with all the patches applied (They're still being worked on) scores 97/100 on Acid3, but fails due to the lack of SVG fonts and something else I can't remember.

And the favicon is wrong.

• 2 weeks later...
I got 100/100 with the latest Chromium nightly but it still says linktest failed.

I've been getting 100/100 for a while now on the nightlies. Sometimes its 98 or 99 though lol.

I get the linktest failed, no shading on ACID3, and a red/purple X in the top-right corner.

Guess theres some minor things to be worked out ;)

I've been getting 100/100 for a while now on the nightlies. Sometimes its 98 or 99 though lol.

I get the linktest failed, no shading on ACID3, and a red/purple X in the top-right corner.

Guess theres some minor things to be worked out ;)

Yeah I get the same thing, redish purple X and no shadows behind the lettering. They upgraded the V8 in Chromium to 3.4.1 in the new nightlies so maybe that's why it's been running better.

73/100 on mobile safari! :) ;)

I have 74, but the performance is so poor. Don't expect much from it though.

Considering Chromium uses the Webkit engine and that the Webkit engine once got 100/100 a couple of months ago, it was about time for Google to use a recent build.

I wonder what they're going to do with the webkit inspector though... it's all messed up and not really functional!

firefox 3.1 nightly builds get 90/100 now but I wouldn't recommend using them for a few more days. There is a pretty nasty bug that breaks flickr, huffington post and a lot of other sites.

firefox 3.1 nightly builds get 90/100 now but I wouldn't recommend using them for a few more days. There is a pretty nasty bug that breaks flickr, huffington post and a lot of other sites.

I just got the latest nightly and I see 88/100.

I believe the Acid3 test to be largely irrelevant, at least for the time being. In five years, however, that might be a different story. ^_^

post-17647-1224113044_thumb.png

It won't make 100 for 3.1 final, since 3.1 final won't have SVG fonts or SMIL, which Acid3 tests.

Edit: Actually, only 2 more tests could be fixed for 3.1, the other 5 need SMIL and SVG fonts.

• 2 weeks later...