Acid 3 - The Web Browsers Test

opera 9.62 gets 1 less than 9.61, just 84/100.

Actually i get a 85 here with opera 9.62, i think the test lags or something. opera 9x are not going to pass the test fully but i suspect opera 10 will fully pass it.

• 2 months later...

They are very important, but ACID 2 is more important because it is more applicable today than ACID 3 is. Eventually passing ACID 3 will be relevant, but my understanding is that today, it is not, hence my pessimistic attitude toward whether something passes it now or not :)

They are very important, but ACID 2 is more important because it is more applicable today than ACID 3 is. Eventually passing ACID 3 will be relevant, but my understanding is that today, it is not, hence my pessimistic attitude toward whether something passes it now or not :)

acid 3's things it tests for will continue to remain irrelevant, because it doesn't really test for anything in particular. It tests for random parts of various standards that browsers were failing at the time.

There's no cohesion.

I thought this test had been released long ago (perhaps 6 months I think?). Anyhow, I remember getting higher than 90, with Opera if I remember correctly. Couldn't reproduce it on reload though, somehow strange. o.o Anyhow, to all those wondering on IE's score, I think they should first attempt to succeed the second test before even trying the third.

As far as I can tell, 20 is a larger number than 12.

I could be wrong.

Hahaha! Oh god that was funny! *wipes tear*

Just did a quick google, apparently IE 8 passes Acid2, which is good. :)

As far as I can tell, 20 is a larger number than 12.

I could be wrong.

As far as I know the number has no bearing on whether it's better or not.

It's either the browser passes; or it doesn't. There's no grey area.

• 1 month later...

Beta 4 will get 93/100 and so will the final release.

It passed the "large bug fixes" stage a while back, they aren't fixing up large chunks of engine features in 3.5 any more, those are reserved for the nightlies.

Picture%2023.png

It's a few days old, but nothing's landed that would change the score (apart from one bug, the rest is hard stuff, like a proper implementation of SVG fonts and a fleshed out SMIL implementation)

93/100 = Firefox 3.1/5

96/100 = Minefield nightly builds. Will not occur even in final Fx 3.5

This is what I parse from the above (and fits with what I know to be happening anyway).

• 2 weeks later...

is minefield just someone who makes a 64bit version of firefox or is it developed by mozilla itself? will mozilla be offering a 64bit firefox any time soon?

Minefield is an official nightly build of Firefox as far as I know.

They've been using that name for a while.

• 2 months later...

ff 3.5 beta99 aka 3.5 preview that was just released gets 93/100 incase anyone wondered. Safari 4.0 gets 100/100 on win xp and win7 x64.

Edited by torrentthief