Acid 3 - The Web Browsers Test

post-34211-1204835135_thumb.png

Getting a 86 out of 100 is pretty good but the real story is your tabs. Would like to see whats under your tabs. :blush:

So basically what we are looking at is:

Safari (Mac) - 85ish

Firefox3 - 70ish

Safari (Win) - 60ish

Firefox2 - 55ish

IE7 - 15ish

IE6 - 10ish

How does IE8 perform?

webkit nightly builds get 90/100. looks like safari 3.1 final could be the first browser to ship with full acid3 compliance. just a hunch.

To pass Acid3 you need SMIL support, WebKit does have support for that, but it was turned off because it was buggy.

If they can get it working and stable for the 3.1 release, then great, but I'd rather Safari fail the test than have a buggy implementation in a shipping release.

Safari (Mac) - 85ish

Firefox3 - 70ish

Safari (Win) - 60ish

Firefox2 - 55ish

IE7 - 15ish

IE6 - 10ish

How does IE8 perform?

17/100

ie8_acid3.png

I hope IE8 get anywhere between 50 - 60 when its release.....

I hope it gets with the times and goes for 100% on release. We're talking about Microsoft, a company with huge resources and with the dominant market position - they need to lead the web development, not hold it back. It's all very well having Opera, Firefox and Safari all passing Acid3 but if IE doesn't then it's of little use.

Safari (Mac) - 85ish

Firefox3 - 70ish

Safari (Win) - 60ish

Firefox2 - 55ish

IE7 - 15ish

IE6 - 10ish

How does IE8 perform?

Safari (Win) gets the same score if you test the same versions.

What you should be saying is Safari 3.0.5 is 60ish, and the nightlies (pre3.1) are up to 85-90.

Safari (Vista Ultimate x64) - 39

Version 3.0.4 (523.15), downloaded it a few minutes ago and surprisingly... it ran (unlike the first five times I tried it)

Here's a couple from MobileSafari

post-101313-1205014722.jpg

post-101313-1205014683.jpg

The higher score (39/100) took a while but it eventually got there. This is MobileSafari on an iPod but I assume it's the same as the iPhone version. Wonder what sort of nightly options are out there for Mobile err, WebKit.

Here's a couple from MobileSafari

The higher score (39/100) took a while but it eventually got there. This is MobileSafari on an iPod but I assume it's the same as the iPhone version. Wonder what sort of nightly options are out there for Mobile err, WebKit.

When the 2.0 firmware starts getting installed somebody should do the test again, it's synced back with the desktop version.

Safari for Windows with latest nightlies installed scores an impressive 90/100!

I have the 3.1 (525.6) build right now, which build do you have, and can I get a link to it? I've heard that newer builds have problems with cookies though, :|

I have the 3.1 (525.6) build right now, which build do you have, and can I get a link to it? I've heard that newer builds have problems with cookies though, :|

http://nightly.webkit.org/

WebKit's a separate component, so as long as a API's the same, you can swap out different versions.

EDIT1: I will update you with what version I have.

EDIT2: Getting 90 with Version 3.0.4 (523.15)

Seems it is an older version than yours. How do you get version 3.1?

Edited by Crazysah

http://nightly.webkit.org/

WebKit's a separate component, so as long as a API's the same, you can swap out different versions.

So how does one update a nightly build of Safari Win32 with the WebKit, just throw everything into the Safari folder or?

EDIT: I will update you with what version I have.

Alright :)

So how does one update a nightly build of Safari Win32 with the WebKit, just throw everything into the Safari folder or?

What you do is unzip the webkit nightly and then open the run-nightly-webkit application. It will update automatically then!

Anyways... I updated you with my version and I am getting 90/100!