Acid 3 - The Web Browsers Test

I just hope Apple fixes the Safari 3 memory issue on Windows....

Oh and Crazysah, it is EPL not BPL, in your signaure :p

Umm no... It is BPL (Barclays Premier League)

Crazysah

so i've downloaded the webkit nightly to see if these claims of speed are true, i couldn't believe there would be much difference over my already quick FF and IE7 browsing... i was wrong.

there is some serious rendering going on there, lightning quick.

When can we expect this to land in Safari for Windows?

I will switch ASAP. (Y)

You can already get it for Windows :)

Just gotta download the 3.1 build(s) and the webkit nightly.

Webkit latest nightly now scores 93 on Acid 3

Which is due to a change on the test.

The test, tested for something which no browsers do, and wasn't written anywhere (not in any standard), so they've decided to standardise on the current practice.

Which is due to a change on the test.

The test, tested for something which no browsers do, and wasn't written anywhere (not in any standard), so they've decided to standardise on the current practice.

It was in there since the beggining? Because some days ago Webkit droped from 90 to 88 misteriously but it bounced back with the next nightly and it has been increasing its score steadily since then.

It was in there since the beggining? Because some days ago Webkit droped from 90 to 88 misteriously but it bounced back with the next nightly and it has been increasing its score steadily since then.

Our learned friend is probably referring to this.

It would have been there from the beginning, But it would only account for 1 point.

There's a bug or two in WebKit which cause some tests to fail (and possibly crash sometimes) depending on the timing, the best way to test (in any browser) is to load up the test, then refresh, so all the required content is loaded out of the cache.

I'm using the latest webkit nightly with safari 3.1 frontend. As advertised, it does get 95/100 (not that I doubted it). Awesome job!! I've decided to start using safari 3.1/webit as part of my Windows webdevelopment testbed. Previously I only tested in Firefox, Opera and IE. I'm definitely gonna give more priority to Webkit now.

So given this rate of improvement are we presuming Safari 3.2 will be fully Acid3 compatible? Webkit development is external to Safari though isn't it.