WWDC '08

However neither Jabber or Bonjour support (reliable) Video/Audio chatting such as the iPhone3 (is proposed to have.)

What's more reliable about the AIM protocol than the one Apple created for Bonjour/Jabber?

What's more reliable about the AIM protocol than the one Apple created for Bonjour/Jabber?

The level of feature implementation is considerably higher for the iChat / AIM protocol due to the fact that it has been in iChat since the start, refined, updated, and enhanced where the Jabber and Bonjour parts are fairly recent additions.

That was quick, how many more this weekend before Apple leaks the real ones to see a reaction?

Wouldn't leaking images 2 days before you're going to show it off be a bit pointless? :p

Also, do Apple employees get a big kick out of all the fakes?

Wouldn't leaking images 2 days before you're going to show it off be a bit pointless? :p

Also, do Apple employees get a big kick out of all the fakes?

Oh yes, even though some of them even take Apple staff in!

The level of feature implementation is considerably higher for the iChat / AIM protocol due to the fact that it has been in iChat since the start, refined, updated, and enhanced where the Jabber and Bonjour parts are fairly recent additions.

Bonjour (Rendezvous) was there from the beginning. Jabber was added 4 years ago.

And iChat uses the same AV protocol for AIM, Bonjour and Jabber (I had to look it up, I was wrong before, It's quite interesting actually, uses SIP to start the connection and RTP to send and receive, and also uses uPNP (and NAT-PMP I assume) to open the ports and an Apple server to find the external IP)

Bonjour (Rendezvous) was there from the beginning. Jabber was added 4 years ago.

And iChat uses the same AV protocol for AIM, Bonjour and Jabber (I had to look it up, I was wrong before, It's quite interesting actually, uses SIP to start the connection and RTP to send and receive, and also uses uPNP (and NAT-PMP I assume) to open the ports and an Apple server to find the external IP)

Wow, I remember back in the day when it wasn't...I guess you learn something new every day.

I can't wait for the 3G iPhone either so I'm getting a little nervous. However, my main concern is the launch price in Belgium. It's the first time they're going to have one here so everyone, without a "hacked" one, is waiting to storm that shop.

We'll see but I, for one, have my money ready for a 3G version.

Two things I'm surprised Apple hasn't said anything about are video recording and Bluetooth file transfer. Video recording is huge, I love being able to take videos and share them with people over Bluetooth, so I'm surprised Apple hasn't said anything about this yet :/

Indeed, especially the video recording feature. It's only a small feature they need to build in because the camera is capable of doing so.

Yea i hope something is put in place so i can send over bluetooth to my friends phones or devices with bluetooth, because that is one thing I do miss very much.

Imj not sure if Im going to upgrade to the new iPhone, depends on the features. One question, if anyone knows the answer. If I buy a new iPhone, can I take the SIM from my current iPhone and use it on the new one or I have to activate it again??

Imj not sure if Im going to upgrade to the new iPhone, depends on the features. One question, if anyone knows the answer. If I buy a new iPhone, can I take the SIM from my current iPhone and use it on the new one or I have to activate it again??

I reckon you'll have to activate again but in a simple way. iPhones will still be locked.

Found out my current mobile contract runs till November.. definately going for a new iPhone then!

I reckon you'll have to activate again but in a simple way. iPhones will still be locked.

Yeah maybe it will be like that.

I wonder if current iPhone contract holders will have to upgrade their contract for an extra 2 years from the date on which they buy their new iPhone. I certainly hope not.

One simple question for you Cara - i'm not asking you to comment on the product or tell us anything about it at all, but have you actually seen the 3G iPhone for yourself..?

I know this question will not tell us anything about the iPhone, but I doubt she can even answer this one. :|

Even after WWDC, I bet she can't say if she saw it or not.

What I'm wondering though, Cara, is : what exactly is your job at Apple? Are you designing their website? Their applications? Their icons? Or maybe their hardware? *cough iPhone* :p

I know this question will not tell us anything about the iPhone, but I doubt she can even answer this one. :|

Even after WWDC, I bet she can't say if she saw it or not.

What I'm wondering though, Cara, is : what exactly is your job at Apple? Are you designing their website? Their applications? Their icons? Or maybe their hardware? *cough iPhone* :p

She could of been designing 'Snow Leopard' for PC.. oh the irony :laugh: :woot:

If they do add multi touch in mac osx i wonder what the reaction would be. I bet they would show some intresting demos, compared to microsofts lame one

I can see apple getting this first and it actully sucucding

Of course Microsoft showed a "lame" demo. Why do people still think they were suddenly going to show off the entirety of Windows 7?

Not the entirety, but at least something we've never seen before. Their demo was something we've seen in a lot of movies, on the Wii, a little bit in OS X iPhone, and maybe even a little bit on the MacBook Air. It wasn't anywhere near the word "special".