WWDC '08

iphone3g.jpeg

English version:

We have a very trusted source inside the mobile phone industry, and we have confirmation of the new iPhone 3G tech specs and announce date.

This is what we can confirm:

* 16GB memory available on launch date, 32GB will follow later in the year.

* iPhone will have different color covers.

* 5 megapixel camera

* One-touch photo geotagging. This also confirms built-in GPS support.

iPhone will be announced on June 9, but it won?t be available the same day. It will be sold on different dates on each country and largely depends on the phone carriers.

Via: Appleweblog

Im waiting for that day... but I'm going to use it in Lebanon so I hope it can be crackable as soon as possible.... and 5MP camera isn't bad either ;)

5mp in a phone!, want :D

don't want!

It'll be just as crappy as other camera phones, only with more resolution :/ UNLESS Apple pulls off a really good job and makes the camera decent. Remember, more megapixels do NOT mean better image quality.

5mp in a phone!, want :D

there are quite a few phones out that have 5mp cameras lol. You have to remember, pixel count isn't everything.

With sales of the Macintosh platform on the rise faster than traditional beige-box machines, it would be a bad business decision to cut into that market by releasing OS X for beige-box.

I call BS on that rumor. (N)

Are you calling my case a beige box? :whistle:

My next build will be more smexy than a Mac Pro and I'd love to have OS X on it.

post-107847-1212778176_thumb.jpg

The current iphone's cam is really nice. One of the best imo compared to other cams in cellphones

Here are some pics which i have taken from my iphone :

post-143079-1212778343_thumb.jpg

post-143079-1212778375_thumb.jpg

post-143079-1212778432_thumb.jpg

I have a theory that Apple might release OSX for PC. This way their OSX share increases. I mean this could be the reason why it just says "OSX Leopard" with the word Mac dropped and all. I would be really ****ed if this happened though :/ plus Psystar was not sued too

The whole logo of Two bridges joining could show this and since there are already rumors that 10.6 will drop PowerPC support kinda boosts my point

Edited by Prince17

I have a theory that Apple might release OSX for PC. This way their OSX share increases. I mean this could be the reason why it just says "OSX Leopard" with the word Mac dropped and all. I would be really ****ed if this happened though :/.

The whole logo of Two bridges joining could show this and since there are already rumors that 10.6 will drop PowerPC support kinda boosts my point

http://www.macrumors.com/2008/06/06/lack-o...ises-questions/

I have a theory that Apple might release OSX for PC. This way their OSX share increases. I mean this could be the reason why it just says "OSX Leopard" with the word Mac dropped and all. I would be really ****ed if this happened though :/.

And you know--they'll just let their sales die for their Macs right?

I'm surprised that no one reasoned that the reason for the dropping of the name was to unify it for both Mac and iPhone/iTouch.

I know on Monday, there should be an announcement as to when Canadians would be able to get the iPhone directly from Rogers Wireless/Sans-fil without jailbreaking it as is currently the case, given the fact that some seats were reserved specifically for Canadian journalists (unlike in previous years) - source link below. If this is true and the 3G iPhone comes to Canada this month, I'm definitely buying one, as I needed to replace my old phone anyway! :D

http://krisabel.ctv.ca/blog/_archives/2008/6/5/3730569.html

And you know--they'll just let their sales die for their Macs right?

I'm surprised that no one reasoned that the reason for the dropping of the name was to unify it for both Mac and iPhone/iTouch.

Look at it this way...

Let's say they raised the price of OS X from $129 to let's say $299. So you have 1,000,000 people buying a copy of OS X for $299,000,000. Or you have 100,000 people purchasing an iMac at $1200 comes out to $120,000,000. Of course I have no idea the numbers for the iMac sales, so I'm assuming that there would be a lot larger number of people purchasing OS X vs purchasing the hardware.

But hypothetically, if these numbers were anywhere near what would really happen, can you imagine how much more money Apple would get. Remember that out of the $120,000,000 for the iMac there would be costs for making the hardware to come out as well. It costs a lot less to make software than hardware, so there would be less cost for making money off of OS X for PC.

Just a thought and I could be entirely wrong about this as I don't know any sales data on any of the hardware from Apple.

Mac OS price increase by three-fold? You nuts? lol

Only sales figure I have is that they sold 2.3 million macs in the first quarter of the year. (mostly Macbooks and iMacs likely, followed by Macbook Pro and Mac Pros). They also sold 2 million Leopard copies the first two weeks of release. (at $129)

Mac OS price increase by three-fold? You nuts? lol

Only sales figure I have is that they sold 2.3 million macs in the first quarter of the year. (mostly Macbooks and iMacs likely, followed by Macbook Pro and Mac Pros). They also sold 2 million Leopard copies the first two weeks of release. (at $129)

Of course I'm nuts, you should have realized this by now :p

OS X would continue to be $129 for Mac users, but $299 for PC users. That number competes with Vista Ultimate nicely (Vista Ultimate is $279 from Amazon). And Apple does tend to already price things higher than other companies, so a $20 price above Vista Ultimate isn't that bad actually.

Of course I'm nuts, you should have realized this by now :p

OS X would continue to be $129 for Mac users, but $299 for PC users. That number competes with Vista Ultimate nicely (Vista Ultimate is $279 from Amazon). And Apple does tend to already price things higher than other companies, so a $20 price above Vista Ultimate isn't that bad actually.

No. There will be no PC OS X.

Also remember Vista Ultimate is like OS X+iLife :)

No. There will be no PC OS X.

Also remember Vista Ultimate is like OS X+iLife :)

Exactly. For PC users, include OS X + iLife. For Mac users it comes with a new system, for PC users it comes with a new copy of Leopard.

I am unsure about it but it does make sense :/ I just don't see why Apple would do this does seem out of type for them. Although they do permit Windows on a Mac, so perhaps it has to go both ways around :)