WWDC '08

PyX

Yeah, it's possible to compile the same code for both platforms, but you have to understand that it must be a lot harder to optimize :

Sometimes they will have to write something like :

if ( platform = powerpc ) {

optimize.for.power.pc();

} else {

optimize.for.intel();

}

and the rest of the code should be common between both intel and ppc.

Cara
I don't think they'll drop PPC--G5s were still sold in 2006. The Cocoa bits are interesting though and should be something to look forward to.

Keep in mind most PPC Macs, including G5, will be out of warranty support around 2009, once this happens Apple will be considerably more likely to phase them out of the OS Rotation in favor of dedicating coding resources to the modern Intel Platform systems.

People complained with Leopard didn't support the 800 and under PPC crowd, it was the first step to terminating support for PPC entirely.

mycoolkim

so are we getting updates to leopard? if so, i wonder whats wrong lol, ive had my imac for about 4-5 days and i haven't felt 1 error or unexplained restarts or software failure ^^

Cara
so are we getting updates to leopard? if so, i wonder whats wrong lol, ive had my imac for about 4-5 days and i haven't felt 1 error or unexplained restarts or software failure ^^

Started today.

http://www.neowin.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=641459

Oh and just for the thread... ;)

post-14112-1212674051.jpg

giga

Looks shopped. Where's the more info button? Start up disk? Software Update?

Cara
Looks shopped. Where's the more info button? Start up disk? Software Update?

Honestly, it came from a friend on a Software Team so I have NO doubt it's edited. ;)

Probably something thrown together with Interface Editor, the logo didn't change either, at least he got the fonts right though, the last faker I got from him didn't even use Apple Fonts. ;)

I posted it to give some humor to all the 10.6 posts, who knows, it could be real from a early Dev copy but I doubt it. ;)

osirisX

Banners are now up:

21dd749868eae039.png

Source.

I wonder what this app is:

picture1f90c7.png

Mathachew

A fingerprint scanner?

+Frank B.

Interesting how it says 'OS X' on the banners, not 'Mac OS X'.

Wonder if that means something...

ynnoj
Interesting how it says 'OS X' on the banners, not 'Mac OS X'.

Wonder if that means something...

Just looks like a uniform re-brand to incorporate the iPhone OS.

liveseven

My guess those new icons are the new apps that are going to be comming to the iphone and ipod touch next week.

Is both the iphone and ipod touch based on a mobile verson of mac OSX?

+Frank B.
My guess those new icons are the new apps that are going to be comming to the iphone and ipod touch next week.

Is both the iphone and ipod touch based on a mobile verson of mac OSX?

Yes. The iPhone has been using a mobile OS X version right from the start.

giga

The yellow icon is Cocoa Touch.

2553359969_cd6ed758a5_b.jpg

2553362007_eff69d66eb_b.jpg

Mathachew

someone needs to give the photographer a tripod or new steady hands because all of those pictures are blurry, except the very first.

Aperture

I love that 'The Future calling'

Awesome :D

sundayx

Let the party begin!

23iwd9j.jpg

This was just like yesterday... :cry:

Chicane-UK

People on Mac Rumors are convinced that the Macbook Air looking device in the big banner isn't an Air but the new design of the MacBook Pro.... various comparisons on size, etc. The more I look at it, the more I just think bad perspective and squashed pictures is to blame..

But still. More fuel for the rumor mill!

PL_
I wonder what this app is:

picture1f90c7.png

sundayx

Anyone notice the iPhone looks the same. ;)

Xero

I highly doubt they would put a picture of the new product on a banner like that.

liveseven

yeah and if that "macbook air" pic is really the new macbook pro then they did it right. try to test us or tease us

someone needs to give the photographer a tripod or new steady hands because all of those pictures are blurry, except the very first.

I dont think he was even aloud to take pictures. so thats why they were blurry. he took them fast with the flash off so no one will see him with a camera.