• Sign in to Neowin Faster!

Create an account on Neowin to contribute and support the site.

Sign in to follow this  

WWDC '08

Steve    2
As I said - I predict it'll be ?129 for the 8GB and ?199 for the 16GB over here in the UK.

Sounds logical bud, I wonder when O2 will announce their service plans for the phone, and will they subsidize at all? Surely they'd of known about this announcement, you'd of thought their website would of been ready for the wealth of potential customers, who'll bounce away from O2, disappointed...

ynnoj    23
Sounds logical bud, I wonder when O2 will announce their service plans for the phone, and will they subsidize at all? Surely they'd of known about this announcement, you'd of thought their website would of been ready for the wealth of potential customers, who'll bounce away from O2, disappointed...

They already have iPhone specific tariffs, I doubt they'll be changing for the 3G iPhone.

what    326
It won't be any more expensive than $199 worldwide. Whatever that equals in your currency.

Expect the contracts to vary immensely though....

Syntax_Error    0

Well I'm a little disappointed. Still no MMS support, no front camera for video calls and no flash for the camera.

3G and GPS and a new paint job, wow! I guess I'll be sticking to my iPhone v1 with software v2

CentralDogma    145

Was hoping for some Flash for the iPhone. :(

ynnoj    23
Well I'm a little disappointed. Still no MMS support, no front camera for video calls and no flash for the camera.

3G and GPS and a new paint job, wow! I guess I'll be sticking to my iPhone v1 with software v2

Apple are trying to push e-mail anywhere - why would they bother with age old MMS?

Cara    0

prod-hero-black.jpgprod-hero-white.jpg

iPhone, now in black...and white.

Julius Caro    55

Any news from the carriers?

Syntax_Error    0
Apple are trying to push e-mail anywhere - why would they bother with age old MMS?

That's all well and good but when all your friends have "normal" phones that do plain old MMS it makes sense. MMS is used a lot more in Europe than the US.

thefarewellnote    3
That's all well and good but when all your friends have "normal" phones that do plain old MMS it makes sense. MMS is used a lot more in Europe than the US.

I have had a cell phone for over 7 years now and I can't remember one time I have used MMS. I live in the US...is it that popular across the pond?

Cara    0

Apple is attempting to drive the market away from SMS and MMS through email, and it will only get better as iPhone picks up more and more users. :)

PL_    19
Apple is attempting to drive the market away from SMS and MMS through email, and it will only get better as iPhone picks up more and more users. :)

SMS? I know loads of people just don't use e-mail as they have so much spam :/

ynnoj    23
I have had a cell phone for over 7 years now and I can't remember one time I have used MMS. I live in the US...is it that popular across the pond?

Not in the slightest.

I'm surprised it's such a big deal for some folk. Perhaps they just like to whine and have a dig at Apple.

Cara    0
SMS? I know loads of people just don't use e-mail as they have so much spam :/

SMS - Text Messaging

crazzyyfool    29

If all you guys want MMS support. Download the SDK and write your own. Apparently its a piece of **** to write apps for the iPhone. :p

instant.human    45

i have owned cell phones now for a good 10 years. i have never ever in my life used mms. never. and neither did my friends.

i find it surprising aswell, that its such a great deal for some... id rather have the option to send an email with a picture of the cute cat ive just seen on the go than having to cut down the picture quality and all just for the sakes of sending an mms...

Cara    0
haha is all of that part of the 5th ave store? or just the last shot...

Never been backstage at the 5th store, but I know that is it in the ending shot. ;)

KeR    82

I just realized how slow the Neowin front page is with the Apple news, not a single announcement has been posted.

PL_    19
SMS - Text Messaging

Yes I know, my point was that SMS is so popular, email won't replace it. Part of the reason would be because people get so much spam with email.

DrewJW    9

I agree SMS is by far the winnar.

ynnoj    23
Never been backstage at the 5th store, but I know that is it in the ending shot. ;)

There were articles around a week or so ago claiming the 5th store was closed for commercial filming. I guess they were right after all :p

what    326

The new ad reminds me of something out of Oceans 11/12/13 for some reason. It's not like previous modern Apple adverts at all.