GI Joe: The Rise of Cobra (movie)

I think this thread needs the name change to GI Joe the movie.

Think that was suggest a few pages back but I don't think Draklin can so if a mod sees it can they rename it.

• 3 weeks later...

HissTank.com has posted a first look at the M.A.R.S. Troopers in director Stephen Sommers' G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra. The M.A.R.S. Troopers operate with supreme skill and extreme force.

Opening in theaters on August 7, the Paramount release stars Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje, Christopher Eccleston, Joseph Gordon-Levitt, Byung Hun Lee, Sienna Miller, Rachel Nichols, Ray Park, Said Taghmaoui, Channing Tatum, Marlon Wayans and Dennis Quaid.

4209685d.jpg

Think that was suggest a few pages back but I don't think Draklin can so if a mod sees it can they rename it.

I tried, but I couldn't and I am pretty sure I asked a mod to change it as well, but they are probably avoiding this thread. With that being said, I vote to rename this thread "G.I.-Fail"

• 4 weeks later...

I think this is going to turn out to be a great movie. Loved the cartoon when I was a kid.

This looks like it will be absolutely horrible. I don't understand why they insist on changing so many elements from something that was obviously highly successful. That was my major gripe with the Transformers movie. The outfits look like crap, and fail to bring back any childhood memories.

• 4 weeks later...
This is the first picture that has made it?s way online of of what the character Destro will look like with his famous mask on in the new Steven Sommers G.I. Joe: Rise of Cobra movie. From what I understand Destro?s face will be all CG even though it doesn?t really look like CG in the photo below, which is a good thing. I can?t complain at all for the fact that yes, this looks like Destro.

612ccb19.jpg

Source

• 3 weeks later...

Is the ShoWest footage a let down?

Before I head off to play some poker in Vegas, I've got to write up my reaction to the five minutes (or so) of new G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra footage that Paramount showed before a screening of The Soloist. I've got to admit, Paramount has had a bad track record with this footage. Every year they screen one of their movies at ShoWest, and every year they show some preview footage before it. The first year I went it was Transformers, and I didn't like what I saw (at the time), last year it was The Love Guru, I don't think I need to say more. This year it was G.I. Joe, and it was also pretty bad, but maybe I'm jumping the gun?

Essentially, what I saw was a super charged mix of high tech bio suits, lasers, futuristic military vehicles, guns of every type, jumping, dodging, spinning, bio-gadgetry, and whimsical technology that we only see in movies. And this isn't a good thing. Everybody remembers The Mummy Returns, also directed by Stephen Sommers, and how they just threw in everything they could into that to beef it up and it made it so damn cheesy? Some sort of thing here, except that instead of mummies, we've got Channing Tatum and Marlon Wayans wearing ridiculous-looking armored suits with helmets that emulate the Iron Man visor.

I don't want to say much more, because this is just my initial reaction, and probably a bit more brutal than it should be. The footage wasn't completely finished either, so I'll save my rant for the actual trailer, whenever it's out. I'm worried that as soon as they start showing more of these armored suits in this, people are going to tear apart this movie. I'm really hoping that this was just unpolished and will still be fun in the end, but as big of a shock as it was to see the Sherlock Holmes trailer, this was even crazier. It really was an adrenaline-fueled hyper-stylized slow-mo action fest. Don't tear apart yet? at least until you see it.

• 4 weeks later...