GI Joe: The Rise of Cobra (movie)

Just saw the commercial on tv. Evil-lyn looks like a Very poor choice, Robert Ekelson doesn't have that whole "Cobra" thing going, and Gi Joe In Supersuits? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHA Sorry, but this just ruined my childhood... go burn in hell GI Joe.

I'm actually interested to see how this movie is. Grew up watching all the GI Joe Cartoons.

well from what we have seen and read.. you may just want to skip it so you can avoid having your childhood memories ruined by this remake...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

If the movie was 2 hours of watching the Baroness and Scarlett catfight, I'd be totally game.

But, this is totally opposite of any GI JOE memories I have of reading the comics in the 80's. I'm not watching this. The *Only* good comic-based movies that are near 100% true in look, feel, script and acting to the original comics are Batman Begins and Spiderman 2. Anything else has been crap (Iron Man and especially The Punisher movies).

Hopefully, if they ever make a Metal Gear movie, it will stand up on its own.

If the movie was 2 hours of watching the Baroness and Scarlett catfight, I'd be totally game.

But, this is totally opposite of any GI JOE memories I have of reading the comics in the 80's. I'm not watching this. The *Only* good comic-based movies that are near 100% true in look, feel, script and acting to the original comics are Batman Begins and Spiderman 2. Anything else has been crap (Iron Man and especially The Punisher movies).

that's been talked about for a long time now even spoke about some castings a while back

MGS4 wasn't enough for ya? :p

I just cant allow myself to see this movie... the best actor they could get to play Duke is the star of those Dance movies?... cmon...

• 1 month later...

Looks stupid. Why can't they just make these types of movies in the same style of the source material??! I mean, that's what everyone wants and that's what everyone says every single time they do these kinds of things, but they just won't listen. I think Hollywood suffers from some kind of mental retardation.

I wonder if we'll hear the phrase "Knowing is half the battle" in this movie.

I have used that quote alot in real life :laugh:

IGN.com reviews GI Joe: The rise of Cobra, and it may not suck half as bad as we thought....

Linky

yeah on rotten tomatoes it has an 88 from 7 reviews, i know, it's "only 7" but im sure it cant get too low