GI Joe: The Rise of Cobra (movie)

I love how they are only releasing the movie to only a few critics. I know that most of the time that means the movie sucks and they don't want any bad reviews before opening day, but I don't think so in this case. They claim they are striving for a more grassroots type of marketing campaign.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/arts/m...article1241480/

Watched it yesterday and this movie is way below the average summer pop-corn movie. Average stuff everywhere (CGI, acting , plot ...). Go watch something else instead.

This movie is so full of fail it hurts. I guess if you are 8 years old you might enjoy it. If you are of that generation though, its sheer blasphemy.

Stay home and rent GIJOE: Resolute instead.

Watched it yesterday and this movie is way below the average summer pop-corn movie. Average stuff everywhere (CGI, acting , plot ...). Go watch something else instead.

was it really that bad?

was it really that bad?

It wasn't really bad. It was way below average. If you're expecting something at the same level as Ironman you'll be very disapointed.

you know, hollywood needs to stop putting my cartoons names on stuff that is loosely hanging on a thread of the original show. It only goes to hurt the original product.

GI Joe never had crisis suits. Ya ya, future whatever. Call it joe 2021 or something. but I wont consider this anything GI Joe.

the trailers i've been seeing for it look horrible. I love GI Joe, and this movie doesn't even interest me.

You said it. I've seen several trailers/clips and my god is it terrible. Not only are the special effects completely over the top but they look "photoshopped" you can easily distinguish real from CGI and thats a bad sign. I'm not surprised to hear all the troubles they were having in editing. This movie is going to blow harder than Jenna Jameson.

For what they could have done with this movie I'm rather disappointed by what I can see in the trailers... Those suits look horrible. From this topic it sounds like the trailers live up to the movie... What a shame. :(

So when I first heard about this being made I was soooo excited... But when I seen they were doing some super suit that was the basis for the entire movie..........well..... I will never see it now.

I understand its Hollywood, and a movie and you have to add some stuff, but come on.. a STUPID SUPER SUIT?!?!

I have a friend who is really, really excited about this movie.

All of my friends are excited about it and asked me to go watch with them lol

I don't see anything watchable from the trailer. It's gonna be a sucky-story-kind-of-movie-with-hot-chicks inside

You said it. I've seen several trailers/clips and my god is it terrible. Not only are the special effects completely over the top but they look "photoshopped" you can easily distinguish real from CGI and thats a bad sign. I'm not surprised to hear all the troubles they were having in editing. This movie is going to blow harder than Jenna Jameson.

Is it even possible :D :p

I've never saw original gi joe cartoons, so i really have no idea what this is about. Fromt he trailers it looks like fun and simple action flick, and thats what i expect. I'll see it today :)

"The two grew up together, were blood brothers and now are mortal enemies."

yeah cause that's sooooo original I am surprised someone came up with it. it will revolutionize the movie industry.

still going ot see this at least once, the action seems badass and i wouldn't miss it for the world.

It is terrible. I went to a screening of it last night at the theater my brother works at. What has been seen cannot be unseen.

The entire movie is non-stop action, which in theory doesn't sound so bad, but when it's the over-the-top-impossible action punctuated by stupid one-liners from bad actors, it grates on the nerves very quickly. I don't think there was a span of longer than 2 minutes without something getting shot, or exploding. The overall plot was ok, but the rest of the way the movie came together was total garbage. One of the things they did that really ticked me off was their use of the term "nanomites" instead of "nanites". Not a big deal I guess, but it still annoys me.

Also, Sienna Miller didn't take her top off. Which, admittedly would have made the movie 1000x better had it happened.

And Yes, Denis Quaid did say "knowing is half the battle"...

Also, Sienna Miller didn't take her top off. Which, admittedly would have made the movie 1000x better had it happened

Darn. Ruins that movie for me. Did any female take their top off? :p

Haven't seen it, but knowing it's a movie on G.I Joe, i never had much expections for this flick. Typical popcorn, cheesy hollywood action flick

I've seen it today...and there is nothing much to say apart that it's childish. And really has nothing else than a bunch of effects, which arent that exciting anyhow.

I saw it last night and I thought it was a decent action movie. The acting wasn't amazing, but it was alright. I'd give the movie a 3.5 out of 5.

Haven't seen it, but knowing it's a movie on G.I Joe, i never had much expections for this flick. Typical popcorn, cheesy hollywood action flick

It's way below your average popcorn flick mate. Don't waste your time watching this.

snake1.jpg

snake2.jpg

I think he is holding the sword incorrectly for the 1st shot. I'm not talking about the stance, just the way he's holding the sword. It's not even consistent with how he is holding it in other shots of the movie (e.g. 2nd picture). Based on most conventions, and his 2nd post, his left hand should have been holding the end of the hilt while the right hand holding the top. He should have sticks with guns...

the whole super suit thing didn't tickle my fancy thats why i'm not that excited about it. btw could any tell me if Cobra commander is in it?

only 10secs at the end and the costume is just horrible. Don't waste your time with this lame movie mate.