Neowin Digital Gallery

Set your camera to self timer. Usually around 10 seconds isn't it? enough time to press the button and steer clear of nudging anything!

most cameras have a shorter setting, too.

I use a wireless remote, myself. Best $20 accessory I've gotten for my camera!

Set your camera to self timer. Usually around 10 seconds isn't it? enough time to press the button and steer clear of nudging anything!

Thanks for the tip!

:pint: :pint: :pint:

most cameras have a shorter setting, too.

I use a wireless remote, myself. Best $20 accessory I've gotten for my camera!

You got a wireless remote for 20?Which one did you get? ! I've just checked and the cheapest wired switch is $49, wireless 3rd party - $90 :/

Zhivago, if you're on the canon boat, lookup "Canon Remote Controller RC-1". Can get them in the UK for about ?15, and photography gear seems to have a roughly 1:1 USD/GBP exhange rate, so it should be around $15 for you.

Zhivago, if you're on the canon boat, lookup "Canon Remote Controller RC-1". Can get them in the UK for about ?15, and photography gear seems to have a roughly 1:1 USD/GBP exhange rate, so it should be around $15 for you.

Thanks! I've found this one!

edit: looks like RC-5 is a crappy one with 2 second delay. I'll get RC-1 for 5 bucks more:))

Edited by Zhivago

massively crooked?

I ended up upgrading the head unit to 804RC2. There was a problem with a previous model - really annoying to set it straight horizontally each time.

Tough luck. It appears that Canon 40D doesn't have a wireless reciever chip inside:(( so the only solution is to use a wired remote or spend another $300 on a complete wireless kit. I just got from the store and that's what I was told. I got RS-80N3 for $90 instead....sigh....

I ended up upgrading the head unit to 804RC2. There was a problem with a previous model - really annoying to set it straight horizontally each time.

Tough luck. It appears that Canon 40D doesn't have a wireless reciever chip inside :( so the only solution is to use a wired remote or spend another $300 on a complete wireless kit. I just got from the store and that's what I was told. I got RS-80N3 for $90 instead....sigh....

Get a Cactus or Phottix.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Wireless-Shutter-Relea...1QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.com/Phottix-Wireless-Remot...1QQcmdZViewItem

http://www.flickr.com/groups/40d/discuss/72157603677558604/

http://photography-on-the.net/forum/showth...3419&page=2

I was in the process of packing to move and trying not to look outside and see how clear, sunny, beautiful, and blue the sky was. It got the best of me and around 4-5ish I grabbed the girlfriend, the camera, and hopped in the car westward bound for the coast. It was so beautiful and just amazing. Here are a few shots from my expedition, two of them being Haystack Rock. The first has a man who was standing there watching the sun. I thought it would be nice to have him in frame to show just how massive Haystack is. The second is in infrared with an R72 mounted and about a 30 second exposure. The third is Cannon Beach as seen from Ecola State Park.

2408399610_9d59eee62b_o.jpg

2407566543_7808c3b3b3_o.jpg

2407686571_497f43bd42_o.jpg

Well, there was a problem with one of my photos and since there is no edit button on that post I'll just post the new version. I like this a lot better and it isn't a blend from RAW like the first one was:

2408399610_79b16e482c_o.jpg

@Tantawi loving your shots. your getting better and better with every photo. (Y)

Wow! thanks a lot man :D