XP SP3 Final RTM - Direct Download!

I have the same issue.

It works fine if you download the separate installer, it's just bizarre to me that it doesn't show yet. I suppose they have to authorise it for detection on SP3

Still haven't downloaded this yet. Was thinking about it, but my phones been turned off because I'm moving today. High speed still works, but with very slow download speeds.

Weren?t you going on about this been illegal in some posts yesterday?

Yes and you'll notice the person has been very quiet in this thread since you brought it up.

That's a perfect example of the pot calling the kettle black.

I'm not positive, but I don't think so. It never asked for validation during the install but when I went to Windows Update to see what they still listed, it reinstalled Windows Genuine Advantage validation before I could continue. It did that on both Windows XP Home installs I did.

btw, the only things still showing on Windows Update was a hardware update (optional), Media player 11 and Root Certificates.

Same here, after install I checked WU and had to install a WGA validation tool before it would let me continue, on all 3 XP Pro installs. Only update was some network drivers that I'm not going to use from WU.

I can confirm, that slipstreaming on a Vista OS.. will (can) corrupt your installation so your key may not work.

As far as slipstreaming methods.... I've never used anything but this.

The ole command line integration method has never failed.. besides, you can use NLite later if you want.

Is there a fix or work around of slipstreaming in Vista or do I have to find an XP machine to do that? :(

;) I used this download link, if anyone is interested:

Send a PM to me if you want the direct link.

Forum is stamping mine as 'warez'.

I don't want to offend anyone.

Edited by Hum

Warning, the link from major geeks is not the final build, i learnt the hard way by slipstreaming it bleh

make sure the hash matches

As said, mine was from MG and it matched the correct hash. Guess its luck of the draw.

Installed successfully (took 16 mins) on my SP2 Pro system and using right now.

A short notice -

Anyone tried to open the Add/Remove Windwows components tab in Add/Remove Programs?; I had some errors, 'till I copied these files: msgrocm.dll, msnmsn.inf, and ocmsn.dll file to windows\system32 dir from the C:\WINDOWS\ServicePackFiles\i386 dir. (These errors were related to Windows Messenger, which was removed by me with nLite before Windows install.)

A short notice -

Anyone tried to open the Add/Remove Windwows components tab in Add/Remove Programs?; I had some errors, 'till I copied these files: msgrocm.dll, msnmsn.inf, and ocmsn.dll file to windows\system32 dir from the C:\WINDOWS\ServicePackFiles\i386 dir. (These errors were related to Windows Messenger, which was removed by me with nLite before Windows install.)

no errors here

A short notice -

None here.

well, that's what you get for removing components with nlite.. unpredictable errors.

no problems here.

-andy-

well, that's what you get for removing components with nlite.. unpredictable errors.

no problems here.

-andy-

Works for me, I removed components with nlite.

Aww. :cry: the download I got from Majorgeeks has the MD5 D32F2C74F8DB6E49570180352548770B :/

That's odd. I just used another MD5 Utility - Md5Check V2.1 and it gave me a checksum of BB25707C919DD835A9D9706B5725AF58 which is the correct checksum. So I guess I do have the final release of XP SP3... :blush:

post-168601-1209281172.png

(Y) After all.

Edited by 1Frothy