XP SP3 Final RTM - Direct Download!

Yup. I booted back to XP (I dual-boot XP and Vista), downloaded the SP3 final from majorgeeks.com albeit the slow connections (like 16 to 52Kbps - and I'm on a college LAN here), checked to see if it's indeed the final, and then installed it.

Noticed a snappier boot.

Will be slipstreaming it to my XP SP2 CDs soon. Can anyone tell me how much megs does XP with all its SPs installed have? Somewhat like 685 MB? Cuz I was thinking of integrating IE 7 (or IE 8, when it's final) and WMP 11 with XP SP3.

Will be slipstreaming it to my XP SP2 CDs soon. Can anyone tell me how much megs does XP with all its SPs installed have? Somewhat like 685 MB? Cuz I was thinking of integrating IE 7 (or IE 8, when it's final) and WMP 11 with XP SP3.

My ISO, using Windows XP Home SP2, slipstreamed (using AutoStreamer) at 592MB with SP3 added.

I haven't used it yet, so far just updated existing software on 2 compuiters...no problems.

XP Pro is about 654MB with SP3 int.

Exactly. It feels a little snappier, nothing to write home about, though.

Yeah, that would be a boring letter for your parents to read I guess.

XP Pro for has got a tad bit faster.

Maybe the 4gig of r.a.m. helps though.

I am quietly happy with XP now being SP3.

Vista is o.k., have it on a partition, won't be my main ops, XP will be.

Will look forward to XP Pro SP4.

um wtf

1. XP won't use 4gb of RAM since SP3 is only available for 32bit XP and 32bit XP can't recognise 4GB - so no, it's not the RAM

2. SP3 will be the final SP for XP :)

um wtf

1. XP won't use 4gb of RAM since SP3 is only available for 32bit XP and 32bit XP can't recognise 4GB - so no, it's not the RAM

2. SP3 will be the final SP for XP :)

Yes on a 32 bit my r.a.m. shows as 3.26

My mention on r.a.m. was with reference that maybe my machine might be faster than others due to they may have 1 gb of r.a.m.

The majorgeeks download is v3311

do a google for the MD5 hash and you'll get your links :p

the file downloaded from Majorgeeks matches the MD5 hash on the very first post in this thread :)

Well i've slip streamed and clean installed and everything feels so much snappier (and no; its not the clean install effect... the previous one was only a week old)............ network browsing is definatley improved and being able to do a clean install without having to connect to windows update for a few hours is a massive bonus.

On a side note; i've been using vista now for about a year but for the past week have been using XP and i love it! Why oh why did i ever change to vista? XP runs games loads better and my sound card (aduigy) sounds fantastic! I love XP!

Yes on a 32 bit my r.a.m. shows as 3.26

My mention on r.a.m. was with reference that maybe my machine might be faster than others due to they may have 1 gb of r.a.m.

not quite so... my W2k3 32bit show the 4Gb ram, its the only 32 bit Windows that does that.

But you backed up everything before installing it right? ;)

Err...No! (Its only my computer at work though :D)

My XP SP3 is fine, just I get a flashing _ for the 30 seconds timeout instead of a menu! (My Boot.ini file seems fine too)

Weird (Didn't happen with the RC)

Yeah, that would be a boring letter for your parents to read I guess.

Indeed it would but, it was sarcasm. :rolleyes:

sounds like you just need to run the boot recovery tools on the XP cd, theres stuff in there to fix your boot.ini automatically (I think)