XP SP3 Final RTM - Direct Download!

XP Pro is about 654MB with SP3 int.

I checked mine - weird thing is mine's at 611 MB - and it's XP Pro with SP3.

sounds like you just need to run the boot recovery tools on the XP cd, theres stuff in there to fix your boot.ini automatically (I think)

Tried a bootcfg /rebuild, Didn't really work...

Will try messing around a bit more later.

OK, here some news, don't know if u guys tried, or know about but i did it by myself and it worked, finished the install on my laptop few minuts ago.

First:

U don't need use an SP1 or SP2 XP CD. I used the old and good XP without any update. (Windows.XP.Pro.Corporate.Final-DEVILS0WN)

Second:

integrated the SP3 with autostreamer, very easy app to be truth.

Third:

in MY CASE, i don't needed add the boot file (Microsoft Corporation.img) cause i integrated my SATA driver controller with nlite, them it did the boot automatic for me.

That's it. I did by myself and it works, u DON'T need a SP1 or SP2 XP disk, just integrate the SP3 and it work as a charm.

If i can help anyone, i'll be refreshing the topic.

When you install SP3, do you need to uninstall any existing SP3 betas (I am using RC2 now and downloading SP3)?

Yes you should uninstall the betas first.

note this is on a pretty much spare machine atm, so you can use it as much as you want.

SERVER IS IN EU and has very good connections to rest of world

ste

Majorgeeks got it in 312MB how come?

Mine is from MG and its 316 meg. Some of their servers must have the wrong file or something.

Edited by VRam

my mirror is

[ste@ste-soft download]$ md5sum WindowsXP-KB936929-SP3-x86-ENU.exe

bb25707c919dd835a9d9706b5725af58 WindowsXP-KB936929-SP3-x86-ENU.exe

Thanks.

Does anyone noticed if SP3 installs the KB892130 update (Windows Genuine Advantage validation) or not? :)

I'm not positive, but I don't think so. It never asked for validation during the install but when I went to Windows Update to see what they still listed, it reinstalled Windows Genuine Advantage validation before I could continue. It did that on both Windows XP Home installs I did.

btw, the only things still showing on Windows Update was a hardware update (optional), Media player 11 and Root Certificates.