XP SP3 Final RTM - Direct Download!

one thing I will say about sp3

?????

is network browsing seems much faster

?????

before if you click start run and type in //computer name/c after like 1 -2 mins the password box would pop up

?????

this time it was almost instant

I do have to agree. My system seems faster overall (no hard numbers to back it up, just "seat of the pants" feel), and I was running v5508 prior to installing RTM.

I know my system is going to feel snappier with XP SP3, because I've been using Vista for the past month. :laugh:

Oh hush. I have Vista 64bit and it flies

^ ooOoOO000 .....

Service pack 3 installed ... yip-piee ? :unsure:

Some of us enjoy maintaining our systems.

I have noticed a performance increase,not only in the basic using UI,games too. :o
one thing I will say about sp3

is network browsing seems much faster

before if you click start run and type in //computer name/c after like 1 -2 mins the password box would pop up

this time it was almost instant

1) Is this sort of speed with a clean install or just installing the service pack over an old install of xp?

2) Is this the file from the torrent, 316.4 MB?

3) How do I check the filestamp/date/certificate of this file?

3) to check the date and all that just right click and choose properties then go to the Digital Signatures tab and see there.

SP3 perked up my machine nicely, nothing amazing, but noticeable.

Exactly. It feels a little snappier, nothing to write home about, though.

The true way to tell if it is the REAL RTM is if it doesn't say "Pre-release" in the EULA since MS labeled both as KB936929. I have it now and it is actually a noticeable difference.

Definitely nothing to write home about. Still wondering what all the hype was for.

1. So we don't need use hours downloading updates from Windows Update.

2. Improving XP even more.

I'm already running SP3 since early yesterday and so far I've had no problems. I've already slipstreamed it into my installation disc and I didn't have any problems with the initial install. Reformatted it again and added a few addons and so far it's been pretty smooth. The torrent currently flying around works and as far as I can see, it has not been tampered. I've tested that and also another direct link which I found while searching the internet. If you are unsure about its validity, right click Properties and check the Digital Signatures, you can also check md5 and what not. If the Digital Signature is not showing, read about it here. If you are really paranoid, wait until the 29th, which isn't really that far away now.

Scirwode

I installed this at work on a machine, definate improvement.

Think I'll switch back to XP from Vista because of this SP :)

Weren?t you going on about this been illegal in some posts yesterday?

Anyway as links seem to be allowed on Neowin myself and NimrodDX on here have created a few mirrors, hopefully it should help people out who can?t use torrents: http://digiex.net/applications/175-windows...xe.html#post524

Enjoy!

I can confirm, that slipstreaming on a Vista OS.. will (can) corrupt your installation so your key may not work.

As far as slipstreaming methods.... I've never used anything but this.

The ole command line integration method has never failed.. besides, you can use NLite later if you want.