[Football] Summer Transfers 2008

Younes Kaboul has agreed personal terms with Sunderland ahead of a proposed move to the Stadium of Light, according to Sky Sports News.

The Tottenham defender held talks with Black Cats boss Roy Keane over the weekend and now appears to be on the brink of completing his transfer.

He is set to undergo a medical on Friday before putting pen-to-paper on a contract.

Kaboul's agent Rudy Raba claimed last week the Frenchman was not interested in joining Sunderland, with Portsmouth also in the running to sign him.

But he looks to have been convinced by Keane and could be one of four Spurs players to make the switch to Wearside.

Sunderland have already signed Teemu Tainio on a three-year deal and Pascal Chimbonda is expected to follow in the very near future.

Steed Malbranque has also met with Keane to discuss personal terms.

Tottenham and England goalkeeper Paul Robinson has joined Blackburn for ?3.5m, signing a five-year contract.

Last month Spurs boss Juande Ramos signed keeper Heurelho Gomes from Dutch side PSV Eindhoven.

And on Friday it was announced that Aston Villa had been given permission to talk to veteran keeper Brad Friedel.

Robinson, 28, had a torrid time last season, losing his place in the Spurs team and also being dropped for England by new manager Fabio Capello.

Tottenham and England goalkeeper Paul Robinson has joined Blackburn for ?3.5m, signing a five-year contract.

Last month Spurs boss Juande Ramos signed keeper Heurelho Gomes from Dutch side PSV Eindhoven.

And on Friday it was announced that Aston Villa had been given permission to talk to veteran keeper Brad Friedel.

Robinson, 28, had a torrid time last season, losing his place in the Spurs team and also being dropped for England by new manager Fabio Capello.

Good keeper in principal, but needs to get his confidence back in order to be any good next season. Had an excellent first season at Spurs, but since 'that mistake' in the England jersey his form has been 'inconsistent' to say the least. Needs desperately to work on handling crosses and shots from distance in order to regain his form. At one point a fans favorite at the lane, his departure will be now largely treated with indifference.

No idea if Gomes from PSV will be any better for Tottenham, but Robbo has had his time for us and his position has become untenable. Will watch his form with interest because on paper he has the potential to regain his form.

Paul Robinson needs to go and speak to David James!

He should just retire. His performance for the last year has been awful; On the Club and International level.

Is Berbatov going to Man Utd or not?

Also... Man Utd are set to break the British transfer record with a 32M Pound deal for Tevez!

I have no idea the Berbatov deal is stalling because Spurs took Man Utd to case over the pursuing.

We are also asking ridiculous money for him in an attempt to put UTD off. With the Tevez deal as well, I think they have some serious decisions to make or they will be playing close to 60m on two strikers which is Silly Money, even for a rich club.

Obviously I hope Berba stays as he is a cracking footballer, but the last thing you want is a moody player who does not want to be at the club upsetting the dressing room, and we will not be able to buy a replacement of the same quality.

And Keano is def off to Liverpool according to my 'source' (courtesy of COYS). Not sure about the Bentley deal, 50-50 apparently.

Arsenal playmaker Cesc Fabregas has not ruled out a move to Real Madrid - but will have at least one more season with the Gunners.

His comments come after reports in Spain linked him with a move to the Bernabeu.

But the 21-year-old, while flattered to have been linked with Madrid, insists he wants to stay at Emirates Stadium for the time being.

The player, a product of the Barcelona youth academy, told Spanish sports daily Marca: "I didn't tell Ramon Calderon no.

"I told him that now wasn't the time to go to Madrid.

"That you are wanted by Madrid, one of the biggest teams in history, is important."

But Fabregas has given a strong hint that he will be on his way from the Emirates if Arsenal endure another season without silverware after three trophyless campaigns.

He has tasted success on an international scale after helping Spain end their 44-year wait for a trophy at Euro 2008 and now wants to repeat that success domestically.

Liverpool are expected to complete the ?18m signing of striker Robbie Keane from Tottenham Hotspur on Tuesday.

He underwent a medical on Monday and may be able to fly to Spain with the Liverpool squad ahead of Wednesday's friendly against Villarreal.

Liverpool boss Rafael Benitez completed the final stages of his negotiations with the 28-year-old over the weekend.

The Republic of Ireland star is expected to sign a five-year deal worth about ?80,000 per week.

As a child growing up in Dublin, Keane was an avid supporter of the men from Anfield - and Liverpool will now become his sixth club after spells at Wolves, Coventry, Inter Milan and Leeds, before his switch to Tottenham in 2002 for ?7m.

El-Hadji Diouf has moved to Sunderland for around ?2.5m as the Black Cats continue their rebuilding plans ahead of the new Premier League season.

The Senegal international, 27, had one season left on his Bolton contract but had expressed his desire to leave.

Boss Roy Keane told the club website: "El-Hadji has always been the kind of player opposition teams and supporters love to hate, a thorn in the side.

"That's why we're delighted to now have him in our squad."

Keane added: "He has bags of Premier League and international experience, which is exactly what we've been targeting this summer.

Everton striker Andrew Johnson is having a medical at Fulham as he closes in on a move to Craven Cottage.

BBC Sport understands 27-year-old Johnson will break the Fulham transfer record by moving for a fee that could eventually rise to ?13m.

Johnson pulled out of a friendly when he heard of Fulham's interest and has not gone on Everton's tour to the US.

Yeah, I just saw the Keane transfer on Sky Sports News. He's signed a four year deal, according to them.

Also, it seems that Kenny Cooper, who plays for FC Dallas (scored two goals against LA Galaxy last night) is being targeted by Cardiff and Rosenborg. Cardiff are reported to have made a ?2 million offer, but it seems that Cooper is looking to go to Rosenborg instead.

Yeah ?20.3m and 4 Years, I am not sure he is worth ?20m but now he's up there with Anelka with Transfer Fee's!

LATEST NEWS

Keane to Liverpool

The Club can announce that it has reached agreement with Liverpool FC for the transfer of Robbie Keane.

Speaking on the announcement of the transfer, Chairman Daniel Levy said: "I was incredibly disappointed when I first heard, not only that Liverpool had been working behind the scenes to bring Robbie to Anfield, but that Robbie himself wanted to go and he submitted a transfer request to this effect.

"I have already made my opinion clear on the nature of this transaction. I don't regard it as a transfer deal - that is something which happens between two clubs when they both agree to trade - this is very much an enforced sale, for which we have agreed a sum of ?19m as compensation plus a potential further ?1.3m in additional compensation."

Liverpool FC has also acknowledged that the way its website reported comments of its manager, which were widely covered by the media, was inappropriate and in light of that acknowledgement has apologised and agreed to make a donation to our Club's main charity, the Tottenham Hotspur Foundation. Tottenham Hotspur has therefore agreed not to pursue its official complaint to the Premier League.

http://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/index.html...=splash_enterth

According to THFC forums which I often frequent, the 'forced transaction' refers to certain tapping up and subversive unsettling tactics used by Liverpool through agents and current players in order to make this transfer possible.

Still, my view is we mugged them for ?20M, made them apologise AND donate to our charity!!

And can't believe we got more for him than Arse did for Henry.

LOL

Keano was a legend at the lane, and will hate to see him in a Pool shirt. But 100 goals in 6 years isn't a brilliant return. Think there is a new striker in the pipeline too...A...N

Edited by FaRSightxc2

?20 Million, I'm a big fan of Keane but at the age of 28 ?15 would of been a better price for Liverpool. I can see why they bought him though, he has certain special qualities that will make Liverpool a stronger force against the Top teams in the premierleague, i.e against Man Utd.

Cesc Fabregas has dismissed quotes attributed to him at the weekend as pure mischief making, with the Arsenal star underlining that his future is firmly at Emirates Stadium.

Spanish daily Marca quoted Fabregas as saying on Sunday that he had spoken to Real Madrid president Ramon Calderon and told him that he was not ready to leave North London this summer, but that a future move to the Bernabeu was not out of the question.

The Spain international claims he has not spoken to the newspaper and that he is only focused on ending a three-year trophy drought at Arsenal.

"I have not spoken to any media so it's frustrating to read quotes that I have supposedly said about my future," Fabregas told the club?s official website.

"I have spent the summer relaxing with my family, friends and girlfriend and I return to training with Arsenal tomorrow.

"I think that some people are just trying to make mischief but my intentions are very clear.

"I am happy here at Arsenal, my future is with Arsenal and the priority is to achieve success and win trophies at Arsenal."

Spurs only club in for ?17m Arshavin

Arshavin was the transfer target of many of Europe's leading clubs earlier this summer, but all the back-page gossip amounted to nothing and it seemed that he would remain with the Uefa Cup holders. However, with Keane having left White Hart Lane, soon to be joined Dimitar Berbatov/b>, off to Old Traffo Juande Ramos/b> has to revive his attacking options.