[Football] Summer Transfers 2008

I wish celtic would hurry up and make some signing, I think we have been linked with everyone this transfer window !!!

I Agree with him though. If he wants to leave, then he should be able to buy out the remainder of his contract and head over to Spain. Can't afford the buyout? Then you have to remain where you are, period.

I Agree with him though. If he wants to leave, then he should be able to buy out the remainder of his contract and head over to Spain. Can't afford the buyout? Then you have to remain where you are, period.

Cant argue with that.. if a player cant produce his best game coz he doesnt want to play for you and you will have to bench him coz of that eventually.. thats not fair at all to his career.. thats wy i'm in favor of Arsene letting Hleb and Ade go.. ok im not one of their fans but still.. they wont be able to play well if you force them to stay.. its better to make huge profit from such sales and buy new players IMO.. having said that.. no one has the right to force a team to sell a player they do not want!

Edited by Kralik

we got a goalie... now get robbie and villa and we'll be set

oh yeah, imma miss you riise :(

Liverpool have completed the signing of Brazilian goalkeeper Diego Cavalieri.

The 25-year-old has signed a four-year deal at Anfield after Liverpool agreed an undisclosed fee with Palmeiras for the custodian.

Cavalieri will provide cover for first-choice keeper Jose Reina and his arrival at Anfield will cast further doubt over the future of Scott Carson.

The South American insists he is up for the to fight to challenge Reina for a place in Rafa Benitez's starting XI next season

"I know it won't be easy to get into the team," Cavalieri told the club's official website.

Patient

"I watched some Liverpool games in both the Premier League and Champions League last year and I know Pepe is a very good goalkeeper. But everyone has to fight for their place and I'm sure we will have a healthy rivalry.

"I know I will have to be patient and work very hard to achieve my aims - but it is always like that when you come from another country.

"You have to adapt inside and outside of the pitch and get used to the way things work. But with hard work you get there.

"My confidence has got me where I am today and maybe people are aware of what I did at Palmeiras in Brazil. I am sure that one day I can get the No.1 position but that will only come with hard work."

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12875_3805703,00.html

Reports carried by "The Guardian" yesterday suggested that Zenit has turned down a ?19M bid for Arshavin by Arsenal.. Arsenal are still to decide if they will bid higher.. the same report also said that Chelsea are not interested in Arshavin but Abramovich wants to bring some other Russian players in.. so it seems Arshavin will stay at Zenit..:blink::

The arrival of Nasri, announced this morning by the Gunners, could open the possibility for Adebayor to go to AC Milan, although the negotiations have not been concluded yet. Arsenal are asking for 45 million euros, AC Milan offers 25: the gap seems too high, but the arrival of Nasri could bring the parties to an agreement.

Moreover, according to British newspaper 'Daily Express', AC Milan would add Yoann Gourcuff, who could arrive in London in 2009, to the negotiation in order to lower the request for the Togolese.

Peter Crouch: Liverpool to Portsmouth: ?11M.. Completed!

petercrouch_g_412.jpg

Edited by Kralik

Andrei Arshavin's agent claims the Russian playmaker is 'desperate' to join Arsenal.

The Zenit St Petersburg ace is expected to leave his current club before the close of the transfer window.

He has been heavily linked with a move to Barcelona after admitting the Spanish giants are his 'dream' club.

But Barca's bid for the schemer fell well short of Zenit's valuation, while Arshavin's representative Dennis Lachter has claimed an unnamed English club have offered ?19million.

Desperate

Lachter says Zenit want ?24million for the 27-year-old, who has been linked with Premier League rivals Arsenal and Chelsea.

The player's agent, though, has suggested that Arshavin would welcome the opportunity to move to Emirates Stadium.

"Andrei is desperate to join Arsenal," said Lachter in the Daily Mirror.

"His style of play would suit them perfectly."

Arsenal have completed the signing of French playmaker Samir Nasri from Marseille, but are set to lose Alexander Hleb to Barcelona.

I seriously hope Arshavin comes to Arsenal! He will be brilliant at Arsenal.

So Arshavin, Nasri, Ramsey, Vela, Bischoff in

and Hleb, Adebayor (probably), Flamini and Lehmann out

That is brilliant transfer work by Arsene Wenger!

UEFA Leave Bischoff Waiting Over Arsenal Transfer

Arsenal must wait for the outcome of a UEFA tribunal before completing the free transfer of Portuguese Under 21 International Amaury Bischoff.

Gunners officials are believed to have agreed terms with Bischoff, which will see the 21 year old pen an initial one year contract, with the option of a second should he impress. However, the hold up is regarding UEFA, who are currently making a decision on how much Arsenal will have to pay his former employers Werder Bremen, in compensation.

Amaury?s deal with Werder expired on July 1st, but he rejected the offer of a new contract, to complete a ?dream? transfer to North London. According to reports in his homeland, Ars?ne Wenger met Bischoff in a German Hotel, but was forced to cancel talks after a Hotel porter called the local media.

Should all the formalities be completed, and the contract signed, he could be registered in time to make his debut against Barnet next Saturday.

Contrary to reports, Bischoff is a creative and technical midfielder, who can play all across the park. He made 62 appearances for Bremen?s Under 23 side, scoring on 6 occasions. The player himself has already confirmed he will begin his Arsenal career in the Reserves, as he looks to build up match fitness after a thigh problem which ended his season early.

I agree.. Wenger has done it again.. :D

Arshavin can replace Hleb or Gilberto (rumours of his departure are circulating too)..

Anyways.. he can replace one of them and we can play Walcott too :p Dont think we need another forward even with Ade going.. van Persie and Eduardo are good enf.. Bendtner will be a sub and Walcott or Ramsey can come in if needed to play in that position..

Arsene has said in the coming years we'll have to sell some "stars" to pay off the stadium loan.. so be ready for a lot of such action!

Edited by Kralik

Gunners cut Ade price down to almost half!!!

Emmanuel Adebayor is a step closer to the San Siro after Arsenal dropped their asking price, according to the player's agent.

Vincenzo Morabito claims that the Gunners have now almost halved the price tag, claiming: "We're arriving at more reasonable figures."

"We're working to make the deal easier," Morabito told Italian television channel Antenna3. "The signs are very positive.

"It's still a lot, but a lot less than the US$72 million that were initially asked for. A bit more than half.

"More than that of (Samuel) Eto'o and (Didier) Drogba but they are a little bit older."

21.03 In other rumours, the Daily Mail is claiming that Tottenham are poised to launch a ?18million bid for Zenit St Petersburg playmaker Andrei Arshavin.

20.40 The agent of Dimitar Berbatov has claimed Manchester United are monitoring the striker's situation at Tottenham Hotspur.

I wouldn't call losing Flamini, Arsenal's best midfielder last season, on a free transfer brilliant work to be honest.

No one knows if Arshavin can cut it above UEFA Cup level, Nasri has potential but could easily flop (remember Cheyrou who was also likened to being the next Zidane?). Ramsey won't get a look in for a few years, although he looks like a good talent. Carlos Vela is still only a youngster and needs bedding into the Premier League, and again Bischoff is young and unproven.

Sorry, I'm the voice of doom today :D

Arsenal might be..

ARSENAL

--------

Almunia

Sagna Toure Gallas Clichy

Cesc

Walcott Nasri or Arshavin Rosicky

van Persie Eduardo

Fail!

A DM will play alongside Fabregas. Having Fabregas paired up with one of those two won't work.

I agree.. Wenger has done it again.. :D

Arshavin can replace Hleb or Gilberto (rumours of his departure are circulating too)..

Anyways.. he can replace one of them and we can play Walcott too :p Dont think we need another forward even with Ade going.. van Persie and Eduardo are good enf.. Bendtner will be a sub and Walcott or Ramsey can come in if needed to play in that position..

Arsene has said in the coming years we'll have to sell some "stars" to pay off the stadium loan.. so be ready for a lot of such action!

Nasri seems to be Hleb's direct replacement at the moment. Ramsey is not a striker and is only 17 years old so I doubt he'll play that much this season in the Premier league as a starter albeit in CM. I believe that Arsenal would buy a direct replacement for Adebayor, you can't have a team with only 3 strikers, all the top teams have a choice of 4 strikers otherwise you're on bare bones.

I hope he doesn't leave though..

I wouldn't call losing Flamini, Arsenal's best midfielder last season, on a free transfer brilliant work to be honest.

No one knows if Arshavin can cut it above UEFA Cup level, Nasri has potential but could easily flop (remember Cheyrou who was also likened to being the next Zidane?). Ramsey won't get a look in for a few years, although he looks like a good talent. Carlos Vela is still only a youngster and needs bedding into the Premier League, and again Bischoff is young and unproven.

Sorry, I'm the voice of doom today :D

No you're the voice of logical thinking :rolleyes:

Berbatov would want that I'd assume.. Man Utd will be great for his style of football.. Arsenal ?19M bid was rejected mate.. Doesn't anyone at Spurs watch ESPN?? lol:laugh:: Lets assume its true coz Sky is reporting it I think.. Arshavin won't go to Spurs anyway.. Reason: he already said he wants to play Champs League and he won't go to any club that's not in that competition.. so Arsenal or Chelsea are the most likely at the moment.. we'll see.. I think Zenit are just trying to milk a deal.. they are asking for too much for him.. I think near the closing time of the window they will accept the highest deal:huh::

No one know

Edited by Kralik

Emmanuel Adebayor can get lost.

He is not bigger than Arsenal and if he wants to leave I will personally kick his Togan backside out of Ashburton Grove.

He missed so many sitters last season.

The Birmingham game and his misses cost Arsenal the title.

Tour of Austria and the qualifier for Champions League is coming soon so he'd better get on his bike.

Berbatov would want that I'd assume.. Man Utd will be great for his style of football.. Arsenal ?19M bid was rejected mate.. Doesn't anyone at Spurs watch ESPN?? lol:laugh:: Lets assume its true coz Sky is reporting it I think.. Arshavin won't go to Spurs anyway.. Reason: he already said he wants to play Champs League and he won't go to any club that's not in that competition.. so Arsenal or Chelsea are the most likely at the moment.. we'll see.. I think Zenit are just trying to milk a deal.. they are asking for too much for him.. I think near the closing time of the window they will accept the highest deal:huh::

Yeah but its clear the agents are shopping him round to get the biggest price plus Spurs have been linked to everyone this summer.

He is not bigger than Arsenal and if he wants to leave I will personally kick his Togan backside out of Ashburton Grove.

Tour of Austria and the qualifier for Champions League is coming soon so he'd better get on his bike.

Exactly!!!!!! He did miss sitters.. and not some... loads of them.. Id be glad seeing him go.. we can use that money

If van Persie is not fit again this season.. Wenger should sell him too next season..

Inter Milan striker Adriano has been linked with a move to Chelsea as part-exchange for Frank Lampard. The Brazilian's agent will not 'confirm nor deny' the reports that Adriano could move to Stamford Bridge.
Chelsea's want-away striker Andriy Shevchenko is willing to accept a pay cut in order to return to Italian giants AC Milan.

Totally. Adebayor should leave and will most proably leave. We have enough players to cover his position. I hope Van Persie is fit this season as he is a great player and will do well for Arsenal.

16.15 Flamengo have struck a deal to take Ronaldo back to Brazil. The club's president Marcio Braga has confirmed an agreement is in place for the 31-year-old.

18.23 The agent of Sergio Aguero has intimated that either Arsenal, Liverpool or Manchester United are preparing a bid for his client.

Sergio Aguero to Man Utd would be nice, thanks ;)

Him and Tevez should be a good linkup.

Also, I'll be pretty happy if Sir Alex just offloads Ronaldo now. Whining little bitch - 75m? Yes please. We'll buy some new players with that, then hopefully come across Real in the Champions League and bury them :p

I WAS a fan of Ronaldo up until now, but not any more. Good player, ###### of an attitude.