[Football] Summer Transfers 2008

Why should I hope for that? :p :whistle:

Well I don't as a West Ham fan but hate to see teams waste money :p

Well I don't as a West Ham fan but hate to see teams waste money :p

lol... Spurs have a beautiful history of wasting money and under-achieving.. i'll be wishing for more of the same :rolleyes:

Arsenal have signed Portugal Under-21 midfielder Amaury Bischoff from Werder Bremen for an undisclosed fee.

Bischoff will join up with his new team-mates when they return from a training camp in Austria.

The 21-year-old made just one appearance for the Budesliga side Bremen last season and he can play in the centre or right of midfield.

Bischoff joined Bremen in 2005 after spending his early years in France with Colmar and Strasbourg.

Bischoff played for France's Under-18 team before switching his allegiance to Portugal.

His only appearance for the German team came against Celta Vigo in the Uefa Cup in 2007.

Tottenham have confirmed they have reached an agreement with Blackburn for England winger David Bentley.

The North London club have been in discussions with their Lancashire counterparts over a deal for the talented 23-year-old.

Bentley spoke at the close of last season of a desire to ply his trade elsewhere and it now looks as though he is heading for the capital.

The two clubs have been engaged in talks on Wednesday and an agreement has now been thrashed out.

It has been anticipated that Bentley could undergo a medical at White Hart Lane on Thursday providing personal terms can be agreed.

Metz defender Sebastien Bassong has agreed to join Newcastle United for an undisclosed fee.

Bassong has been training with the Magpies during pre-season and featured in a friendly against Doncaster Rovers.

He has been holding talks with the Premier League club in recent days and has now come to an agreement.

Newcastle have confirmed on their official website that the France Under 21 international has passed a medical and accepted personal terms.

A fee has also been settled upon with Metz and the club are now 'in the process of completing the formalities of the transfer'.

Bassong has travelled with the Newcastle squad to Mallorca for this weekend's Summer Cup.

Spurs are buying alot this season lets hope the hype justifies the prices.

They've sold a lot too and here's the latest:

Steed Malbranque has been confirmed as Sunderland's third signing from Tottenham this summer but Younes Kaboul has indicated he is ready to turn down a move to the Stadium of Light.

Roy Keane has already brought full-back Pascal Chimbonda and midfielder Teemu Tainio from White Hart Lane to Wearside - and the Sunderland boss has now persuaded Frenchman Malbranque to agree a four-year deal.

Yeah they confirmed Bentley today for around ?15m - ?18m and they are looking to secure both Arshavin and Pavlachenko.

Lol Arsenal got 7M of that transfer fee.

We sure did :D .. money we can use for getting an experienced player, such as this:

ARSENAL are understood to be weighing up a move for Gareth Barry after Liverpool failed to meet Aston Villa's deadline to reach an agreement.

Villa boss Martin O'Neill is extremely confident of holding on to his midfield enforcer but with Arsene Wenger known to be in the market for one more player, the Frenchman could be tempted to test the Villains resolve.

Arsenal have pocketed up to ?7million from David Bentley's transfer to Spurs, after the move triggered a sell-on clause in his Blackburn Rovers contract.

As a result, Wenger may use the money to fund a pursuit of Barry, who would cost up to ?18million.

The biggest transfer news so far, this week IMO:

Ronaldo is currently in Portugal where he is recovering from injury but he admits that he will return to England next week to confront his club and tell them that he is joining Real.

"Everything is fine. Next week I will return to England and tell them [Manchester United] that my only desire is to play for Real Madrid and that I will not negotiate," Ronaldo told AS.

According to reports in Spain, the winger will hold a meeting next Tuesday with Ferguson and the club's owners to tell them that he has had enough.

Edited by Kralik

Yeah they confirmed Bentley today for around ?15m - ?18m and they are looking to secure both Arshavin and Pavlachenko.

Yeah thats good. I never heard that they were interested in Pavlachenko!

@ Kralik - Where did you hear that Arsenal are making a bid for Gareth Barry?

BTW - The 7M can be used going towards the Stadium Debt!

Where did you hear the Ronaldo news from?

Please post sources too!

If this is true

Ronaldo is currently in Portugal where he is recovering from injury but he admits that he will return to England next week to confront his club and tell them that he is joining Real.

"Everything is fine. Next week I will return to England and tell them [Manchester United] that my only desire is to play for Real Madrid and that I will not negotiate," Ronaldo told AS.

According to reports in Spain, the winger will hold a meeting next Tuesday with Ferguson and the club's owners to tell them that he has had enough.

Then Fergie better get Ronaldo to ****. Seriously.

He's a whining douche who is clearly money orientated before football orientated - Bye Bye.

Get some money, buy some new players, then bury Real in the Champions League please ;)

I believe I found the source - http://www.goal.com/en/Articolo.aspx?ContenutoId=798845

They also claim a Spanish newspaper posted this

Ferguson Bombshell: If Ronaldo Leaves, So Will I - http://www.goal.com/en/Articolo.aspx?ContenutoId=796532

Seems to me like the Spanish newspapers might be spindling some BS... :whistle:

Edited by Audioboxer

they have said so much bs this summer about ronaldo because they are Real's right arm

fun fact: all of the major dictators in history have had their own newspaper - Real madrid has ?2?

Yeah thats good. I never heard that they were interested in Pavlachenko!

@ Kralik - Where did you hear that Arsenal are making a bid for Gareth Barry?

BTW - The 7M can be used going towards the Stadium Debt!

Where did you hear the Ronaldo news from?

Please post sources too!

Gareth Barry rumour.. source.. The Guardian Series

http://www.guardian-series.co.uk/sport/355...woop_for_Barry/

Ronaldo rumour.. direct source.. Goal.com.. indirect source.. Spainish paper 'AS'

http://www.goal.com/en/Articolo.aspx?ContenutoId=798845

Hope this helps!!

More details just in on Arshavin deal from Setanta.. appearently Spurs are close to signing him!

It is believed that Zenit are holding out for ?21.5 million as they prepare to lose their finest asset, with Spurs reluctant to match that asking price after a summer of high spending in North London.

Zenit official Konstantin Sarsaniya has hinted that an agreement could be close though, with the club also confirming that Arshavin is ready to move to White Hart Lane.

“We have certain contacts with Tottenham, but when they will conclude, I still do not know,” Sarsaniya told Sports.ru.

“Maybe within five days, maybe sooner, maybe later.

“Tottenham have an interest in the player, and I understand that the player has an interest in the club too.”

?21.5M!!!! Lets see if he's worth that!!!

WTH we sold Henry for just ?16M!!!??

Edited by Kralik

If this is true

Then Fergie better get Ronaldo to ****. Seriously.

He's a whining douche who is clearly money orientated before football orientated - Bye Bye.

Get some money, buy some new players, then bury Real in the Champions League please ;)

I believe I found the source - http://www.goal.com/en/Articolo.aspx?ContenutoId=798845

They also claim a Spanish newspaper posted this

Ferguson Bombshell: If Ronaldo Leaves, So Will I - http://www.goal.com/en/Articolo.aspx?ContenutoId=796532

Seems to me like the Spanish newspapers might be spindling some BS... :whistle:

I agree.. also read on Goal.com that Sir Alex will be leaving Man U and Arsene Wenger would be the new man to take over and that he will sign Henry for Man U???!? What are they smoking?? Really?!!?

Tottenham have had a bid for Zenit St Petersburg striker Andrei Arshavin rejected, BBC Sport has learned.

It is believed the transfer fee offered for the 27-year-old was below the asking price of about ?20m that the Russian club are demanding.

Arshavin is keen to join Juande Ramos' side and is hopeful Spurs will come back with an improved offer. But, it is understood that Tottenham are also considering other options, including Roman Pavlyuchenko.

Hmmm... interesting.. Zenit is asking too much for him.. maybe they don't want to let him go.. also Zenit is in UCL and Spurs are not.. I would stick with Zenit if no UCL clubs come for this season if I was Arshavin.. maybe thats why they dont want to let him go just yet:pp

Edited by Kralik

Wenger wants Xabi!!!!! :woot: :woot: :p

Ars?ne Wenger wants Xabi Alonso to form a Spanish midfield axis with Cesc F?bregas at Arsenal next season, provided Liverpool dramatically lower their ?18m price for the marginalised playmaker.

Arsenal have made an initial approach for the 26-year-old Alonso, who has been told he can leave Anfield for the right price. His first-team prospects are threatened by the imminent arrival of Gareth Barry; Liverpool's manager, Rafael Ben?tez, hopes finally to complete the saga of Barry's ?18m transfer from Aston Villa this week, after Martin O'Neill was forced to make a U-turn over his captain's future, and has insisted on a similar fee for Alonso as he attempts to balance the books.

Ben?tez's price tag, however, has deterred Arsenal from returning with a firm offer for a player they value at closer to the ?10.5m Liverpool paid Real Sociedad for him four years ago. The deal will remain only a remote possibility unless Arsenal revise their stance or, despite Ben?tez's insistence that Alonso and Barry can operate in his already crowded central midfield, the Liverpool manager's need to raise funds forces a compromise.

He is top class player and he can team up perfectly with Cesc.. together they can do great things for Arsenal!! I won't be surprised if Cesc asked the manager to partner him with:rolleyes:olleyes:

Edited by Kralik

yea right arsenal is going to get xabi

Yeah thats what I thought Xabi is probably one of the most important players at Barca but I said it once and i'll say it again everyone has a price.

Yeah thats what I thought Xabi is probably one of the most important players at Barca but I said it once and i'll say it again everyone has a price.

Barca? You mean Liverpool :blink: anyways.. I agree with you... everyone has a price and Rafa needs the money.. if Arsenal come out with the right price than be ready for some long range shots on Pepe's goal :p :D

Barca? You mean Liverpool :blink: anyways.. I agree with you... everyone has a price and Rafa needs the money.. if Arsenal come out with the right price than be ready for some long range shots on Pepe's goal :p :D

LOL I had just got up and read that as Xavi :laugh: