• Sign in to Neowin Faster!

Create an account on Neowin to contribute and support the site.

Sign in to follow this  

Barclays Premier League

Barclays Premier League 2008/09  

375 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Green_Eye    49
You know when I said it would be a thrashing?....well....listen to me :p

Well we are actually kind of keeping them under pressure so I don't see how it's going to be a thrashing.

Damo R.    29,658
Well we are actually kind of keeping them under pressure so I don't see how it's going to be a thrashing.

I don't see many positives so far...I can see it finishing maybe 3-1 or 4-0 there's more goals in this.

Green_Eye    49

ok thrashing it is then :p

Martyn    5
You know when I said it would be a thrashing?....well....listen to me :p
I don't see many positives so far...I can see it finishing maybe 3-1 or 4-0 there's more goals in this.

;)

Damo R.    29,658

I was right about more goals :p we weren't in this game at all...when your a west ham fan disappointment is first nature.

Green_Eye    49
I was right about more goals :p we weren't in this game at all...when your a west ham fan disappointment is first nature.

haha so true! Much like being and England fan...

gregb0b    11

Chelsea's new kit sucks imo :(

Damo R.    29,658

Is it pink? :rofl:

Martyn    5

Does it have 'One Minute From Rome' written on the front of it?

Green_Eye    49

:laugh:

gregb0b    11

nah it says

"Shattered Liverfool's hopes of the CL two years in a row"

Here's a pic:

yhst-32893663521855_2054_507348406.jpg

Subject Delta    108
Is it pink? :rofl:

It'd suit Drogba's personality if it where :p

:laugh:

nah it says

"Shattered Liverfool's hopes of the CL two years in a row"

I got a sneak preview of Liverpool's new kit for 2010. Apparently their new slogan is "Win trophies don't buy them". And hell at least we have done something your group of sissies, bottlers, and complainers will never do... Actually lift the trophy

gregb0b    11

Say What? I'm beginning to dislike you more everyday, and to think Martyn was the only one full of him self here :). Don't worry Martyn I still like you :p.

P.S- Buying players is not only limited to futbol, welcome to 2009.

Subject Delta    108
Say What? I'm beginning to dislike you more everyday, and to think Martyn was the only one full of him self here :). Don't worry Martyn I still like you :p.

P.S- Buying players is not only limited to futbol, welcome to 2009.

Yeah, I noticed that myself, you're actually pretty full of yourself as well aren't you! If you don't like getting it, don't dish it out pal.

And yeah, buying players isn't limited to football (I am english, not spanish btw), but the difference is that unlike Chelsea, Man U, Liverpool, and Arsenal, Chelsea brought their success they didn't earn it. Until Abramovic they where a nothing club with little more than top 5 potential, and useless in Europe. They get handed an unlimited warchest and suddenly it all changes. Like it or lump it pal, the fact is that Chelsea are a nothing club with no history who spent their way to winning trophies. Just take a look at the situation yourself, and honestly think to yourself where they would have been without red rom's millions.

In fact I remember a situation where I was watching an old game on the Liverpool channel, when a Chelsea fan asked me why they didn't have a channel... I just laughed out loud at them and said "why the hell would a club that have no history have a channel"... They didn't even have a response, they just looked at me blankly then walked off... Kinda said it all really.

gregb0b    11

Trust me, I can take it. I've dished enough for the last 5 years on these forums. Grats on being english, TV channels mean nothing to me....

Mike    89
In fact I remember a situation where I was watching an old game on the Liverpool channel, when a Chelsea fan asked me why they didn't have a channel... I just laughed out loud at them and said "why the hell would a club that have no history have a channel"... They didn't even have a response, they just looked at me blankly then walked off... Kinda said it all really.

I think you'll find Chelsea do have a TV channel, little research does wonders (Y)

As for the Liverpool game, it was gifted to them, first goal involved no defense and a combination of a poor ref and stupidity gave them the 2nd.

mail    10
7743.jpg

Subject Delta    108
I think you'll find Chelsea do have a TV channel, little research does wonders (Y)

As for the Liverpool game, it was gifted to them, first goal involved no defense and a combination of a poor ref and stupidity gave them the 2nd.

They didn't at the time that my anecdote happened. Really though whether they have one or not, they have done nothing to deserve it. Watching re-runs of the last 4 seasons must get boring after a while :laugh:

nothuman    0

Jobe done. Tevez must stay. Title is ours. Nuff said.

gregb0b    11

Damn what a great save by Cech, sitting down. Hahahaha at Adebayor diving lol.....

Woooo another goal, CL secured for next year!

Damo R.    29,658

1-4 eh...that's what I call a thrashing...a bit more then what Liverpool did to us :p

Crazysah    7

Damn... There goes our hopes for a 3rd place finish.

Me and my friend were agruing; How money do you get for coming 3rd and 4th?

Mike    89
Damn... There goes our hopes for a 3rd place finish.

Me and my friend were agruing; How money do you get for coming 3rd and 4th?

Not sure on the figures but I think its around ?500k - ?1m difference between 3rd / 4th, however, 4th place may recoup some of that via TV for the CL play off game they have to play.

Kralik    3

I was completely puzzled about team selection today :blink:

I couldn't understand why Wenger didn't play Arshavin against Chelsea in FA Cup and again today. What goes on in that head of his?

gregb0b    11

:D Maybe its time for him to retire lol