Barclays Premier League

Barclays Premier League 2008/09  

375 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the Barclays Premier League 2008/09?

• Arsenal
    • Aston Villa
    • Chelsea
    • Everton
    • Liverpool
    • Manchester City
    • Manchester United
    • Portsmouth
    • Tottenham Hotspur
    • Other
  2. 2. Who be relegated from the Barclays Premier League 2008/09 (select 3)?

• Blackburn Rovers
    • Bolton Wanderers
    • Fulham
    • Hull City
    • Middlesbrough
    • Stoke City
    • Sunderland
    • West Bromwich Albian
    • Wigan Athletic
    • Other
  3. 3. Who will be top scorer in the Barclays Premier League 2008/09?

• Benjani
    • Cesc Fabregas
    • Cristiano Ronaldo
    • Didier Drogba
    • Emmanuel Adebayor
    • Fernando Torres
    • Frank Lampard
    • Wayne Rooney
    • Roque Santa Cruz
    • Other

I just hope they don't field a full strength team then if they lose the Champions league everyone (Man Utd included) starts the butthurt about tired players.

Play whatever damn squad you want to this weekend Fergie, if you've got players who've played in the first team this season you ain't taking the ****. If you play the under 18's youth squad in it's entirety then yeah you are.

Hull have the whole season to avoid relegation just like Man Utd have to win the league. Now that the league is won any team in the world with a Champions League final coming up ain't going to play the starting 11 that's planned for the final in a league game.

Even if Man Utd were second and the league was down to the last game, Fergie's team between the league game and the CL final would probably be somewhat different. Maybe not much, but it's the way he plays, he rotates squads.

Yeah. First of all, he will play the young players and suspended players in the league and play full strength in the CL.

Even if Man Utd were second and the league was down to the last game, Fergie's team between the league game and the CL final would probably be somewhat different. Maybe not much, but it's the way he plays, he rotates squads.

That is a good point, and it also applies a lot at Chelsea, Liverpool, and Arsenal. So you really have to question how the FA would even determine what United's first team is.

IMO though the first team regulars that do play will be told to take it easy, so I feel they will probably put less effort into the game than one which they needed to win so IMO the result will be the same whether united play their first team or not, in that they won't be at their full capacity.

Having said that I still think that United's reserve team would even be good enough to beat hull.

That team IIRC had a portion of their reserve squad, and a portion of the youth squad.

Well and I also recall Hull giving United a tough time first time around when they played United's 'first' team (Rooney, Ronaldo, Nani and all others played that day).. and United's first team barely scrapped a 4-3 result.. and that too at OT might I add. There is a reason Newcastle are upset abt United not playing their full strength first squad.. Hull (and it hurts to say this :pinch: ) beat Arsenal this season.. what makes you ppl think they will lose to United's reserve team when result vs. United first team at OT was 4-3? They will certainly not lack spirit, it's do or die time for them isn't it? While for United its just a case of showing up.. that makes Tigers very dangerous.

But all said.. Newcastle MUST win.. coz I feel Chelsea will too or maybe they will give youngsters a go too against Sunderland?

Edited by Kralik

Chelsea will field their full squad. There is still a very outside chance that if Liverpool lose by a large margin and they win by a large margin of claiming second place.

What a huge day this will be for the 4 struggling to stay in EPL next season!! Can hardly wait.. my predictions? At this point anything can happen :D I just want the games to start :p

My personal feeling is that the 3 already in the relegation zone will go down. Newcastle IMO just don't have the firepower (especially with Owen injured), and Boro are just not in good enough form.

Liverpool will probably sew up second, apart from that nothing left to fight for at the top. Looking forward to the CL final on wednesday though

Although I have already stated that I believe that United should field any team they want, if United lose today a row will erupt of that there is little doubt.

Little surprise that Liverpool and Chelsea are at full strength though

Man Utd: Kuszczak, Rafael Da Silva, Neville, Brown, De Laet, Nani, Fletcher, Gibson, Welbeck, Martin, Macheda.

Subs: Amos, Tosic, Possebon, Eckersley, Corry Evans, Drinkwater, James.

Newcastle fan here and I never thought I'd hear myself say this but, GET IN MAN UTD!

Would you "love it" if we won? :p

If Brown/Neville can help out De Laet we should be fine defensively, going forward with the players on the pitch we don't have a proper balance, why Welbeck is playing left wing and Martin up front I don't know, they do appear to be changing about so it may work. In fact it appears Hull are lacking defenders so we may be ok to score 1 or 2 more :p

GARETH BARRY!!!!

As it stands atm Newcastle,Boro are down along with West Brom

btw West Ham 1 - 0 Boro :D

So thats it for Boro then..

Goals everywhere :D except for Sunderland-Chelsea.. which is bad for Magpies and BBurn- West Brom.. Newcastle need to find a goal fast in second half.. if Man Utd hold Hull to 1-0 then Toon needs just a draw to be safe..

Ah man, it's not looking good for us. The results are going our way but we look like we couldn't give a ****. No urgency or creativity, despite there only being 30 minutes left.

Ah man, it's not looking good for us. The results are going our way but we look like we couldn't give a ****. No urgency or creativity, despite there only being 30 minutes left.

Owens come on you have 25 minutes to do it!

Disappointed to see Newcastle go down but kinda saw it coming. Glad to see Liverpool seal 2nd though.

Go barcelona for wednesday!